Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Marc Albrighton Retires From Football

Met him on a couple of occasions and he’s a  nice chap. Very polite, humble, I mentioned him scoring the first Champions League goal for us and he was genuinely happy that he was down in the history books. 

• Like 1

Genuinely one of the nicest gents in football, you couldn’t meet a better guy. 

He gets how to treat supporters because he’s one himself; he never took a day of his career for granted. 

Surprised by this. Feels quite early and like he still had a lot to give. I’m sure he would have had offers in the midlands even if in lower leagues.

But he obviously feels ready and what a career he has had. I wonder if he plans to go into coaching or management. He definitely has a great football brain and seems an intelligent person.

If he wants that and goes for his badges, it’d be great to see him back in some capacity!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hales said:

Screenshot_20240829_190453_Instagram.jpg

Has Marcs head been superimposed on the pic with the Cup? 

I genuinely hoped he'd be signed up for one more year. What a player. 

As others have said. Legend, no other way to describe him. Wonder if the club with do anything for him on Saturday being Leicester Vs Villa? 

If not we should get a chant going, wish him the best.

• Like 1

Really hope the club find a role for him, has so much to offer, an unbelieveable pro who has achieved so much through hard work, determination and bloody mindedness. Written off and comeback so many times under so many managers. Would be a great mentor/coach to younger players. Clearly adores the club and loved his media appearances he has been class and very insightful. 

As far as club legends go he is on a par with Vards,  Big Wes, and Kasper 

• Like 3

Underrated, even by our own fans.

I think he is still good enough for us, especially now as we play long balls again.

Nonetheless, wish him all the best. Great role model. Great professional. Should be happy with what he has achieved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

What a man! He brought so much to the club and always gave everything. 

He'll always be remembered in association with our most successful period and our first champions league goal. 

Legendary status assured 

The best part of it was we really were the champions, not some team moneybags team finishing 2nd to 5th that season!!