Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 24/25

Luciano Spalletti has opted to drop four players from his most recent Italy national team squad, but has handed first call-ups to Atalanta midfielder Marco Brescianini and Leicester City defender Caleb Okoli. 

Four players who were selected to represent Italy at EURO 2024 have been omitted from the Nations League squad set to face France and Israel in September. 

Arsenal midfielder Jorginho has not made the cut, nor has Roma’s Bryan Cristante. Versatile Inter defender Matteo Darmian was not selected. Gianluca Mancini has also been left off the list. 

There are first call-ups for Brescianini and Okoli, while Nicolo Fagioli, Destiny Udogie, Samuele Ricci and Moise Kean have returned to the group. 

There is also a first call-up for well over a year for Sandro Tonali, who is now eligible again after his 10-month ban for his activity in illegal gambling practices. The 24-year-old made his return to competitive action in the EFL Cup for Newcastle earlier this week. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

Luciano Spalletti has opted to drop four players from his most recent Italy national team squad, but has handed first call-ups to Atalanta midfielder Marco Brescianini and Leicester City defender Caleb Okoli. 

Four players who were selected to represent Italy at EURO 2024 have been omitted from the Nations League squad set to face France and Israel in September. 

Arsenal midfielder Jorginho has not made the cut, nor has Roma’s Bryan Cristante. Versatile Inter defender Matteo Darmian was not selected. Gianluca Mancini has also been left off the list. 

There are first call-ups for Brescianini and Okoli, while Nicolo Fagioli, Destiny Udogie, Samuele Ricci and Moise Kean have returned to the group. 

There is also a first call-up for well over a year for Sandro Tonali, who is now eligible again after his 10-month ban for his activity in illegal gambling practices. The 24-year-old made his return to competitive action in the EFL Cup for Newcastle earlier this week. 

Italy are struggling if he can get into the squad!

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

any of the younger squad members in U21 squads ?

Alves and Nelson are in the England u20 squads playing on 6th and 10th Sept. As is Braybrooke. 

Popov in Wales U21 squad vs Iceland 10th Sept. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

surely we will be seeing a lot of players away ?

mads and danny

victor, janiik, okoli, faes, 

wilf, bilal, Bobby, kasey 

any of the younger squad members in U21 squads ?

Fatawu is in the Ghana squad I believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Experienced? He's barely played throughout his career, and it's mostly been dogshit performances.

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Very general comment but any player who gets to play centre defence for the Italians must have something about him. They don’t play with defending. 

Agreed - It's a real shame fans wrote him off after a couple of run outs pre season, we should judge players after a season. Anyone can play below par for a game or two - its called form. But we're Leicester City, we have the patience of a dog round it's breakfast bowl. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Agreed - It's a real shame fans wrote him off after a couple of run outs pre season, we should judge players after a season. Anyone can play below par for a game or two - its called form. But we're Leicester City, we have the patience of a dog round it's breakfast bowl. 

Usually, I'm patient and give the players a chance. But in this case, I wasn't. I watched him in pre season and in the cup and thought this guy hasn't a clue how to read a game. However, for the most part, against Villa I was really impressed... shame he didn't take his chance to score, but he was half decent. Not seen enough to say I was completely wrong, it's one game.. but I hadn't seen enough to say he was doggo either, which I did so that's my bad. 

Hopefully the taste of international experience and hope for more will spur him on to being great. I'll go back to giving players a chance first rather than being a dick 

• Like 1