Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 24/25

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Usually, I'm patient and give the players a chance. But in this case, I wasn't. I watched him in pre season and in the cup and thought this guy hasn't a clue how to read a game. However, for the most part, against Villa I was really impressed... shame he didn't take his chance to score, but he was half decent. Not seen enough to say I was completely wrong, it's one game.. but I hadn't seen enough to say he was doggo either, which I did so that's my bad. 

Hopefully the taste of international experience and hope for more will spur him on to being great. I'll go back to giving players a chance first rather than being a dick 

Nah its fine to write players off early. I wrote Vardy off when he conceded that pen against Middlesbrough and I wrote Ricardo off early in his first season against Bournemouth. I was correct to do so, they've both been shite. 

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Saw that.. that's a terrible result for any team really. Australia should be hammering them 

It’s an absolute stinker, especially in a group with Japan and Saudi Arabia, it really puts them on the back foot early in the group. 
It’s only one game, but it will be a struggle to get back from here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Nah its fine to write players off early. I wrote Vardy off when he conceded that pen against Middlesbrough and I wrote Ricardo off early in his first season against Bournemouth. I was correct to do so, they've both been shite. 

Forgot about the game v Bournemouth.  Cooper must have been sat next to you …

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:
1 hour ago, Mike1983 said:

Vesty and VK in action. Mads on the bench. 

Won 2-0 with two late goals

switzerland down to ten men after 52’ 

Deservedly so even before the first sending off - Xhaka got a red too because of one of his usual immature brain farts.

Vesty did fine, VK too though a bit anonymous in an otherwise very energetic Danish team managed by their set piece coach! The manager stopped after the euros, his assistant took over but got sick from stress a week or two ago and his assistant (Daniel Agger) don’t have the required license yet. So here we are with the set piece coach at the helm winning 2-0 over a very good team, the first goal scored by a debutant 45 seconds after he was subbed on - his first touch in the match. The Swiss players cried like babies because the Danes didn’t kick the ball out of play before the goal. Ridiculous.
What a night!

31 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

Deservedly so even before the first sending off - Xhaka got a red too because of one of his usual immature brain farts.

Vesty did fine, VK too though a bit anonymous in an otherwise very energetic Danish team managed by their set piece coach! The manager stopped after the euros, his assistant took over but got sick from stress a week or two ago and his assistant (Daniel Agger) don’t have the required license yet. So here we are with the set piece coach at the helm winning 2-0 over a very good team, the first goal scored by a debutant 45 seconds after he was subbed on - his first touch in the match. The Swiss players cried like babies because the Danes didn’t kick the ball out of play before the goal. Ridiculous.
What a night!

Another Leicester link there ;)

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s an absolute stinker, especially in a group with Japan and Saudi Arabia, it really puts them on the back foot early in the group. 
It’s only one game, but it will be a struggle to get back from here.

Yep, and how bad was the game with all the diving and time wasting.

Souttar had a shocker.

https://www.leicestercity.news/news/danish-media-praises-brilliant-leicester-city-star-after-nations-league-victory/

Danish media praises ‘brilliant’ Leicester City star after Nations League victory
Fri 6 September 2024 11:30
Lewis Railton
Leicester City had one of their Danish players shine in a recent 2-0 win against Switzerland.

The Foxes have gone into the first international break of the 2024/25 Premier League season after what has been a fairly tepid start to the campaign for Steve Cooper’s side.

After just one point in three games, albeit in what was a very difficult start in terms of fixtures for the Foxes, they currently sit 15th in the Premier League, only above the relegation zone on goal difference.

As a result of what has been a difficult kicking-off of the campaign, Cooper will be hoping to work with his side to prepare for the next crucial and winnable games against both Crystal Palace and Everton.

Whilst Cooper will benefit from the large majority of his squad staying over the international break, Leicester City still have several players who have been called up to represent their nation, including Danish trio of Mads Hermansen, Jannik Vestergaard, Victor Kristiansen, who managed a 2-0 victory against Switzerland, one of which put in a ‘brilliant’ performance.

It was also a clean-sheet for the Leicester City star, who has been widely praised by the Danish media for his efforts.

TV2 were widely impressed with the 32-year-old at the back, as they said that he: “Directed the defence with great authority and before half-time blasted the Swiss defence with the best pass of the day. Running duels will never be his life, but he is adept at avoiding them.”

BT were equally complimentary of Vestergaard, with a bit of extra imagery thrown in, as the Danish media outlet said” The brilliant beats from the EC continued, and the giant with German roots looked like a tree from the Harz, because he did not move out of the spot in the duels with Embolo. Brilliant! 

The stats back up a brilliant performance from Jannik Vestergaard
It certainly isn’t Vestergaard’s first brilliant performance for his national side, as he did so on multiple occasions in Euro 2024.

Looking at the stats from the great Dane, there are certainly no surprises as to why the Danish media are so impressed with Vestergaard, not just from a defensive front but also with the ball.

Per SofaScore, Vestergaard brilliantly managed to notch a 98% success rate with his passing, misplacing just one in the entire 90 minutes.

He was solid at the heart of the Denmark defence, not allowing any significant chances to fall to the Swiss, and he managed to tally three interceptions and two tackles whilst doing so.

As for the other two Leicester City players in the Denmark squad, Kristiansen gave a competent showing at left wing-back, whilst Hermansen was unfortunately an unused substitute.