Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

England Squad - ROI/Finland Friendlies

A lot of things maybe about Jack Grealish and Declan Rice choosing to swap allegiances... but lets look at facts... Jack Grealish was born in Solihull aka England... Declan Rice... was born in London aka England....! 

Now lets look at ROI

Kasey McAteer... was born in Northampton... choose to play for ROI

Max O'Leary... was born in Bath... choose to play for ROI

Callum O'Dowda... was born in London... choose to play for ROI

Will Smallbone.. was born in Basingstoke... choose to play for ROI

Callum Robinson.. was born in Northampton... choose to for ROI

Sammie Szmodics... was born in Colchester... choose to for ROI

Do England fans call them players traitors? no...

ROI just need to accept these players choose the country of their birth... rather than going mardy cause they wouldn't agree to drink Guinness before a game. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

A lot of things maybe about Jack Grealish and Declan Rice choosing to swap allegiances... but lets look at facts... Jack Grealish was born in Solihull aka England... Declan Rice... was born in London aka England....! 

Now lets look at ROI

Kasey McAteer... was born in Northampton... choose to play for ROI

Max O'Leary... was born in Bath... choose to play for ROI

Callum O'Dowda... was born in London... choose to play for ROI

Will Smallbone.. was born in Basingstoke... choose to play for ROI

Callum Robinson.. was born in Northampton... choose to for ROI

Sammie Szmodics... was born in Colchester... choose to for ROI

Do England fans call them players traitors? no...

ROI just need to accept these players choose the country of their birth... rather than going mardy cause they wouldn't agree to drink Guinness before a game. 

To rite mate lmao just because they didn't want to kiss the blarney stone pre match ! It's pathetic ! Hope are boys give them a seen to !

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

rather than going mardy cause they wouldn't agree to drink Guinness before a game. 

I hate it when footballers go mardy because they don't want to drink Guinness before a game of football.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

So the former Irish international who is manager of England won't sing the national anthem to natural fauxrage from the press. Does this bother people all that much?

Never understood the desperation for footballers to sing a sing before a match.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Jackie Charlton didnt sing Amhrán na bhFiann when he was the Irish manager so I don't see the issue.

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It bothers me. Absolutely number one thing for a manager for me. I wanted Adele.

Gareth Southgate apparently has the voice of an angel when he sings, rumour has it it's the only reason he was in the England job for so long.

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

Was looking forward to the game later but sadly now I won’t be able to watch it. Not singing the anthem is a disgraceful disregard to our history, especially in Dublin where we sacrificed so much for the good of the monarchy, and the empire. We could win 16-0 playing Brazil 1970 football and I still wouldn’t care, singing the national anthem is far more important to me than winning the World Cup. A disgrace I tell you! A disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

So the former Irish international who is manager of England won't sing the national anthem to natural fauxrage from the press. Does this bother people all that much?

Is there a case to drop national anthems before international matches or even our domestic cup finals. Of course fans want their national team to win but is there really a need to play the anthems. Just a thought 

10 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Is there a case to drop national anthems before international matches or even our domestic cup finals. Of course fans want their national team to win but is there really a need to play the anthems. Just a thought 

I really enjoy the singing of anthems. I think national anthems are pretty cool, can be amazingly rousing. Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau before a major sporting event always gets me in the mood. 

I'd like to think it's possible to enjoy something without having patriotic weirdos ruin it. 

You don't have to get all nationalistic and weird about whether or not someone sings. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

It so colonial people getting upset he won't sing the national anthem, why would he's Irish. Does it really matter!.

He doesn't need to show patriotism if that what fans and the press want then they should have got an English manager.

The whole England mentality of rule Britannia that we conquered the world and are better than everyone is just so pathetic.

Quite optimistic about Carsleys England tbf, just needs to sort out his coaching staff. Lescott and Cole😂😂😂.

Big things being made about Irish links in the ENG squad meanwhile more than half the Irish squad are English. 

Grealish looks overweight. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I really enjoy the singing of anthems. I think national anthems are pretty cool, can be amazingly rousing. Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau before a major sporting event always gets me in the mood. 

I'd like to think it's possible to enjoy something without having patriotic weirdos ruin it. 

You don't have to get all nationalistic and weird about whether or not someone sings. 

Fair comment. You do have a great tune too 

• Like 1