Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry Ham

Funeral help!!

Ladies and gentleman..can you help?

My father died recently-he was a Foxes fan for 80 years.  His joy at the title triumph was immeasurable.

At his upcoming funeral he really wanted Andrea Bocelli singing Time to say Goodbye, from that glorious day in 2016.

But as this a piece of music which was never released/can't be purchased-we have been informed this piece can't be played.

The music file we gave them of the piece-clipped from the Internet is not permitted.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Peter

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Harry Ham said:

My father died recently-he was a Foxes fan for 80 years.  His joy at the title triumph was immeasurable.

At his upcoming funeral he really wanted Andrea Bocelli singing Time to say Goodbye, from that glorious day in 2016.

But as this a piece of music which was never released/can't be purchased-we have been informed this piece can't be played.

The music file we gave them of the piece-clipped from the Internet is not permitted.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Peter

43 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Can't you set up a screen and play the actual video of it off you tube, there has to be a way around it.

You don't need to set up a screen, although that would be so impactful. You could just have a laptop with audio output and play the YouTube clip through the venue's speakers, albeit without the visuals.

At my mum's funeral, we wanted "Supermarket Flowers" by Ed Sheeran. We couldn't find the track outside of Apple Music but found it played live on YouTube. Plugged in and played it. Not the best quality but reduced us to tears.

Commiserations and I hope it goes well.

I’m assuming what Peter is sayingis because it was not released, there is no license for it to be purchased and is therefore not usable.

Im sorry to hear about your Dad, Peter… but what a moment the league must have been for him having followed City all his life…

I’m not sure if it’s what you’re looking for but there is a recorded version Con te partirò by Bocelli on Apple Music. I haven’t checked if it’s the same song but I think that’s the original Italian title.

On 29/08/2024 at 18:36, Harry Ham said:

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Peter

I only have one thing to say....   JOBSWORTHS!

....and that's coming from one.

• Like 1