Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss joins - Official

He seems to have a good kind of arrogance to him. Can see Vardy taking him under his wing and winding up opposition fans together. 
Not a fan of reading that he refused to go to training at Genk since Monday to force a move, but it does show he really wants to be here! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

He's not even a striker and he looks way too lightweight for the premier league. No way is he ready for the first 11.

Why we constantly buying 'one for the future' players

a club of our size doesn't get to buy ready-made stars, you either buy potential or you buy players already proven to be no better than squad options at this level (Ayew, BDCR). Potential is obviously preferable 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simtacular said:

He seems to have a good kind of arrogance to him. Can see Vardy taking him under his wing and winding up opposition fans together. 
Not a fan of reading that he refused to go to training at Genk since Monday to force a move, but it does show he really wants to be here! 

Saving this for the inevitable Fofana / Mahrez moment in a couple of seasons (or next Summer if we go down)

Or that he really doesn't want to be there?

It shows that he really wants to be in The Premier League, which might be a problem for us come May. 

8 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

He's not even a striker and he looks way too lightweight for the premier league. No way is he ready for the first 11.

Why we constantly buying 'one for the future' players

What do you expect number 10s to look like?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, The_77 said:

What do you expect number 10s to look like?

6ft 4 with great balance, superb acceleration and a threat in the air.

2 hours ago, simtacular said:

Not a fan of reading that he refused to go to training at Genk since Monday to force a move, but it does show he really wants to be here

for a couple of years until he does the same…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

I hope we start him at the weekend.

Doubt he'll start, but I'd expect him to get a run-out towards the end of the game. Give him the last 30 and free reign to show what he's capable of.

With him, Fatawu, Mavadidi and Buonanotte behind Vardy we should be ok going forward 

So let's all get used to Reid, Ayew and Ndidi to play instead :ph34r:

Seriously though if this guy is as good as we want him to be (or are led to believe he can be)

Winks/Skipp

Fatawu Buonanotte El Khannouss Stephy

Vardy

Could be decent? 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, murphy said:

It shows that he really wants to be in The Premier League, which might be a problem for us come May. 

Sell him for profit then it doesn’t really matter, no different to the majority of clubs 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

People still parroting the "too lightweight for the Premier League" line – especially regarding attacking midfielders – is absolute madness to me.

agree Mahrez was pretty light and he turned out quite well

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

With him, Fatawu, Mavadidi and Buonanotte behind Vardy we should be ok going forward 

So let's all get used to Reid, Ayew and Ndidi to play instead :ph34r:

Seriously though if this guy is as good as we want him to be (or are led to believe he can be)

Winks/Skipp

Fatawu Buonanotte El Khannouss Stephy

Vardy

Could be decent? 

I dont think we will ever start a premier league game without one of, sometimes maybe both, Ayew or BDR on the wing if they are fit. Cooper has clearly begged for those 2 so they will be first on the team sheet.

I can see mavididi being used as the back up striker if we don't sign one.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Do we rate him above Soule if it was a straight choice? Better than KDH?

Soule was saucy but IMO this is the better signing. Soule did most of his work in the Fatawu position last season. He has played as a 10, but IMO it was more of a gamble that he would work in the Cooper system, and adapt to English football. Khannouss has the technical ability and positional awareness to play centrally and has been doing that regualrly for a while.

The Belgian league isn't as tough as Serie A, that has to be said. But this player can speak English and is used to more of a physical game.

For me at the start of the window, El Khannouss would be up there for ideal KDH replacements. Honestly, it's a signing I am surprised we were able to make and thought other clubs would be in for him. I think he's better than Sara and Gronbaek, and the respective fees represent this. Maybe Cameron Puertas who was also playing in Belgium could have been better, but he's older so wouldn't have the resale value. They don't always work, but this is more of a Fofana / Maddison signing than a Praet / Perez for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1