Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bilal El Khannouss joins - Official

Flimsy and way out of his depth today.  Not a shock for a kid just out of his teens in his first PL start.

The trick will be getting him enough league minutes to develop.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

After watching him, I wish we'd have more faith in our very own Will Alves, and saved 18M.

A bit quick to decide after 55minutes of a premier league match. Especially as you haven't seen Alves play 55 minutes?

• Like 1

He wasn’t as awful today as some are making out. Tough debut, admittedly. Room to grow. He needs time, and games, but we shouldn’t be writing him off.

The writing was on the wall today when Doucoure outpaced him on a 10yd sprint when he was 5yds behind. He didn’t look quick. 

There is a player in there somewhere though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

It wasn't all negative.  Made a couple of cute passes in tight spaces.  Tried to press but frankly our press today was a fvcking embarrassment.  Not coordinated, not hunting in packs.  Everton played around it with ease first half.  

Clearly he's got a lot of room for development but Christ let's give the lad a chance.  

He would be class in an Enzo team, surely was on the radar when we used to be a possession based team

Edited by whoareyaaa

I find it difficult to be too hard on anyone with the way the manager sets us up to play.  It doesn't seem as though he knows how to pick our assumed best 11, so it's fair to say that he probably doesn't play to the players strengths either.

Look at Mav. Didn't start our first 3 games, and probably Coopers first failed experiment in trying to change him into a CF.  Starts 2 games as an actual winger, scores in both games and looks our most dangerous player.  But that took pissing about in preseason and our 3 opening matches to suss out that maybe playing last seasons left winger as a left winger might just be the way to go.

My impression of Bilal is that he'd be best sitting a little deeper than he was deployed today.  More 8 than 10.

Not a great start but can't judge him off one game. Didn't help that the whole team was poor whilst he was on the pitch. Biggest difference is though that Buonanotte has looked decent when he's played, even when the team hasn't been playing well. Buonanotte has to start but my fear now is that he'll just revert back to 3 cdms. No issue with 3 cdms against Arsenal but even in that game, think I'd still rather see Buonanotte play as he can get us up the pitch on the odd occasion we manage to get the ball off Arsenal.