Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Mostafa Mohamed

I couldn’t give a monkey’s about his personal views / convictions, and I suspect that nor would anyone else if he bags 20 goals a season. 

Recruit on his football ability not on his views about sexuality

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

I couldn’t give a monkey’s about his personal views / convictions, and I suspect that nor would anyone else if he bags 20 goals a season. 

So, what you're saying is, don't get this guy because he's absolutely crap

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

He isn’t getting 20 goals FFS he is absolute pony. Genius signing

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Looks like he'd be more at home on the right wing....

....I'll get me coat.

Ner, he doesn't like getting in behind and playing around the back 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

He isn’t getting 20 goals FFS he is absolute pony. Genius signing

That’s my point - the relevant criteria for signing a striker isn’t his religious / moral views it’s whether he can improve the team (I’d conceded that there is a minor consideration  - are his character traits going to cause dressing room friction)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

That’s my point - the relevant criteria for signing a striker isn’t his religious / moral views it’s whether he can improve the team (I’d conceded that there is a minor consideration  - are his character traits going to cause dressing room friction)

So there is NO POINT to this signing especially because of his backwards beliefs even being linked makes zero sense. 

And yes we should care about the character of players that come in. Nigel Pearson worked wonders with Walsh on building a modern recruitment system based on statistical analysis but he always emphasised about getting the right player with the right character in, good people. He famously sent a massive racist on his way it was correct then and would be correct now !

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Of course the performance is the most important thing but it risks marginalising a section of the supporter base. Plus it's a PR nightmare and could have an impact on how future signings or sponsors view us. Not to mention that there are a lot of games and scenarios where he will refuse to play if this is his line in the sand.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Does feel like Cooper has a certain criteria - tackling. 

Pretty sure this won't go down well with most of our fans though -  to be stridently against equality and inclusion is rather alarming.

Are you talking about DEI?

2 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

The mistake youre making here, is assuming it's ok for Muslims to want to oppress gay rights. The Nantes campaign he chose to sit out for wasn't a 'make everyone gay' campaign, it was a campaign about gay rights, and protections from oppression and violence. I don't care if any Muslim wants to think being gay is wrong because of their religion. That's their problem. The problem comes when they oppose movements in support of general gay rights. Thinking something is wrong, and fighting to have people who are that thing be oppressed are different. Also if you don't want to have to take part in these campaigns, maybe don't play in ****ing europe

You can also be against the pride flag and be all for gay rights.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Don't care if he's good or not I don't want him. Can't have this kind of **** being a representative of our club

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

So there is NO POINT to this signing especially because of his backwards beliefs even being linked makes zero sense. 

And yes we should care about the character of players that come in. Nigel Pearson worked wonders with Walsh on building a modern recruitment system based on statistical analysis but he always emphasised about getting the right player with characteristics in, good people. He famously sent a massive racist on his way it was correct then and would be correct now !

I agree there’s not much point to this signing from a football perspective, and as above the dressing room harmony perspective. They are the important criteria.

I disagree with the virtue signalling / vitriolic over reaction to him refusing to wear a rainbow as he doesn’t share the same views as you or I. That’s way less of a relevant criteria to his recruitment. 

Being racist in a changing room 1/2 filled with black players is also very different level of offense to saying “my religion conflicts with this statement that the club / league are making and I feel the best way for me to handle this is to bow out of this particular game (I use this as an example - he may not have said exactly this!) 

• Like 2

Just now, splinterdream said:

You can also be against the pride flag and be all for gay rights.

For what reason would you do that? Do you hate rainbows or something? The pride flag means different things to most people. So being against it doesn't really make any sense, whilst being for gay rights. Because the pride flag is literally just about LGBTQ rights. Unless you're specifically opposed to trans people? Which is also stupid 

• Like 2