Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Mostafa Mohamed

7 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

The mistake youre making here, is assuming it's ok for Muslims to want to oppress gay rights. The Nantes campaign he chose to sit out for wasn't a 'make everyone gay' campaign, it was a campaign about gay rights, and protections from oppression and violence. I don't care if any Muslim wants to think being gay is wrong because of their religion. That's their problem. The problem comes when they oppose movements in support of general gay rights. Thinking something is wrong, and fighting to have people who are that thing be oppressed are different. Also if you don't want to have to take part in these campaigns, maybe don't play in ****ing europe

What rights don't gay people have currently, that means we need rainbows on the arms? Again, I must reiterate I have gays in my immediate family and have done more than most on here I would wager to support the community, but they do have a pride month and all Western  establishments and all major corporations change their logos for them for a month.

Again, I don't think he needs to be forced to support the movement. I just hope that all of the people that support Palestinians in Gaza realise that the vast majority will all hold exactly the same views as this gentleman. Anyway, I don't think he looks like a particularly great footballer so let's pass.

Edited by chuddy8
  • Like 3

Ridiculous comment. Some things transcend football. Would you be comfortable signing him if he was a Nazi supporter? Or if he supported ISIS? Or if he believed pedophilia was ok? These people represent the club they play for, and him openly being homophobic means I don't want him representing ours. 

Arrrrgghhh the ridiculous exaggeration of a point until it means something entirely different… 

You’ve illustrated my point perfectly. It’s a matter of scale / perspective. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Arrrrgghhh the ridiculous exaggeration of a point until it means something entirely different… 

You’ve illustrated my point perfectly. It’s a matter of scale / perspective. 

How is it exaggeration? Those are all things I personally find morally objectionable, and as a result I don't want them being a part of my football club, I feel the same way about homophobia.

• Like 1

The mistake youre making here, is assuming it's ok for Muslims to want to oppress gay rights. The Nantes campaign he chose to sit out for wasn't a 'make everyone gay' campaign, it was a campaign about gay rights, and protections from oppression and violence. I don't care if any Muslim wants to think being gay is wrong because of their religion. That's their problem. The problem comes when they oppose movements in support of general gay rights. Thinking something is wrong, and fighting to have people who are that thing be oppressed are different. Also if you don't want to have to take part in these campaigns, maybe don't play in ****ing europe

Who is this dickhead. 

3 minutes ago, chuddy8 said:

What rights don't gay people have currently, that means we need rainbows on the arms? Again, I must reiterate I have gays in my immediate family and have done more than most on here I would wager to support the community, but they so have a pride month and all Western  establishments and all major corporations change their logos for them for a month.

Again, I don't think the needs to be forced to support the movement. I just hope that all of the people that support Palestinians in Gaza realise that the vast majority will all hold exactly the same views as this gentleman. Anyway, I don't think he looks like a particularly great footballer so let's pass.

Mate if you think homophobia, is solved and we are all on equal footing because there is no specific legislation is this one specific country that inhibits their rights, then you are beyond help

9 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Of course the performance is the most important thing but it risks marginalising a section of the supporter base. Plus it's a PR nightmare and could have an impact on how future signings or sponsors view us. Not to mention that there are a lot of games and scenarios where he will refuse to play if this is his line in the sand.

Exactly. I agree. 

Those factors are to be taken into consideration, and if he’s a brilliant footballer that maybe we manage his PR then great. If he’s a mediocre footballer then what’s the point.

Thats my point - the big factor is his footballing ability, if it’s huge then factor in the “inconvenient” (there’s a better word but it escapes me) aspects as it’d be worthwhile

1 hour ago, guest123 said:

There's going to be some people really tie themselves up in knots over this whole thing, and it's hilarious to see. remember when i posted keep football to just football and keep everything else, politics etc etc out of it? this is exactly why

Equal rights isn't politics, it's common fkn sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Exactly. I agree. 

Those factors are to be taken into consideration, and if he’s a brilliant footballer that maybe we manage his PR then great. If he’s a mediocre footballer then what’s the point.

Thats my point - the big factor is his footballing ability, if it’s huge then factor in the “inconvenient” (there’s a better word but it escapes me) aspects as it’d be worthwhile

This translates to 'im willing forego my my morales, as long as they are good at football'

• Like 2

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

Very good player, would love him here. 

Seen nothing to suggest he's a good player or a half decent bloke. Either way the political outrage this is causing is making me believe he's not worth touching. Similar to that of Manor Solomon, just a barnfire.

4 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Equal rights isn't politics, it's common fkn sense.

Quite, it really outs a lot of people's own prejudices when they think being against a homophobic player is politics in football.

Very telling on those individuals tbh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

How is it exaggeration? Those are all things I personally find morally objectionable, and as a result I don't want them being a part of my football club, I feel the same way about homophobia.

So should the club only sign players who share your exact views on the world?? 

Are your views on your football club more important than other people’s views?? What if someone disagrees with you??

It must be hard work having such rigid opinions and not allowing other viewpoints? 

And “how is it exaggeration”?? … I’ve said let’s not over react to his religious opinion it could be simply managed if the benefit of signing him outweighed the disadvantages, it’s a consideration, not the ONLY consideration … you’ve then said “ right so you agree with signing Nazis”!!! 😂

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

What exactly did I say that made you wanna say this mate? Genuinely asking

1. It’s the transfer forum. If you think out of all the players we’ve signed recently, all have perfectly acceptable views, you’re naive.

2. We currently have Ayew, Abdul, Bilal and Hamza. We’ve had Riyad, Soyuncu, Fofana. All Muslim footballers, some practicing, some not. All have taken part in various campaigns. All have expressed views like others which might not be acceptable. 
3. this individual (unlike many other Muslim footballers and those of other thoughts) has chosen to do something that for me, is not acceptable. 

Your rant was annoying and to be honest quite generalist which is the same thing that annoys me about dickheads who take stands like this. So yeah, no different. I also don’t think this is the space for it. 

In summary, I’ve got no idea about this player but I’m also not naive to think that his previous stance is good for team spirit. Just like I thought Wayne Brown should’ve left, no need to rant about it.

13 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Jesus Christ on a bike.

Of course it's not acceptable for him to be homophobic because he's a Muslim. There are hundreds of professional Muslim footballers all over Europe who partook in campaigns for inclusion and against homophobia, which is why his decision to boycott a match because of one was newsworthy. 

Quite apart from the fact that his stats suggest he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, I don't want him here because he's clearly a ****ing neanderthal.

Who? I remember there was a photo of the Leicester team holding a rainbow flag and Hamza, Soyuncu and Soumare were convienently absent 😂. It is literally banned in their religion.

I remember the backlash Amir Khan and Mo Salah got for posting a picture of a christmas tree. They would be lynched if they supported a rainbow flag

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

This translates to 'im willing forego my my morales, as long as they are good at football'

No. It’s “I don’t necessarily share James From London’s view on morals” and I think if we’re making judgements on players based on their perfectly legal politics / views rather than football ability then we’ve lost perspective

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

1. It’s the transfer forum. If you think out of all the players we’ve signed recently, all have perfectly acceptable views, you’re naive.

2. We currently have Ayew, Abdul, Bilal and Hamza. We’ve had Riyad, Soyuncu, Fofana. All Muslim footballers, some practicing, some not. All have taken part in various campaigns. All have expressed views like others which might not be acceptable. 
3. this individual (unlike many other Muslim footballers and those of other thoughts) has chosen to do something that for me, is not acceptable. 

Your rant was annoying and to be honest quite generalist which is the same thing that annoys me about dickheads who take stands like this. So yeah, no different. I also don’t think this is the space for it. 

In summary, I’ve got no idea about this player but I’m also not naive to think that his previous stance is good for team spirit. Just like I thought Wayne Brown should’ve left, no need to rant about it.

My guy, do you think I'm the only one here ranting away about this? What I said was in response to another comment 😂

Also I'm perfectly aware of the fact other players we have might have unsavoury opinions also. This issue is, I don't know which ones do and which ones dont. I can only make decisions on what I know. This person has openly come out against gay rights. That is different to being a Muslim and (probably) thinking being gay is wrong...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

So should the club only sign players who share your exact views on the world?? 

Are your views on your football club more important than other people’s views?? What if someone disagrees with you??

It must be hard work having such rigid opinions and not allowing other viewpoints? 

And “how is it exaggeration”?? … I’ve said let’s not over react to his religious opinion it could be simply managed if the benefit of signing him outweighed the disadvantages, it’s a consideration, not the ONLY consideration … you’ve then said “ right so you agree with signing Nazis”!!! 😂

there's a pretty huge difference between "they must share all of my beliefs" and "I don't particularly want a bloke who boycotts campaigns to stop oppressing people representing my club" though, you've got to admit.

I'm not expecting us to sign Engels to represent my political beliefs, I'd rather not have a bloke who thinks that campaigning to stop hate crimes is unacceptable lining up for us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

No. It’s “I don’t necessarily share James From London’s view on morals” and I think if we’re making judgements on players based on their perfectly legal politics / views rather than football ability then we’ve lost perspective

Mate, are you lost? It's legal to be a neo nazi. It's legal to believe pedophilia is ok. Of the examples I gave before, supporting ISIS is the only one that MIGHT be illegal in certain cases. There are things that are more important than football EVEN IN FOOTBALL. I don't care if it's legal to be homophobic. I don't want it at our club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

there's a pretty huge difference between "they must share all of my beliefs" and "I don't particularly want a bloke who boycotts campaigns to stop oppressing people representing my club" though, you've got to admit.

I'm not expecting us to sign Engels to represent my political beliefs, I'd rather not have a bloke who thinks that campaigning to stop hate crimes is unacceptable lining up for us.

What about if the campaign is at odds with the religion to which you devoutly subscribe?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

And you’ve expressed the perspective / scale, which is my only point, perfectly.

”I don’t particularly want (to sign) a bloke who”

not

”I don’t want this %^^#* anywhere near MY club” etc