Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Mostafa Mohamed

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Granit Xhaka and Mahmadou Sakho are both Muslims and wore the rainbow arm band as part of the football against homophobia campaign in recent years. Also, not just a Muslim thing is it, Christianity is forbidding of being gay (and it's Christians in places like Uganda and, tbh, the US, who are pushing anti LGBT policies) but your average Christian doesn't boycott the football against homophobia matches. let's not make excuses for this bloke, he's just a twat.

Not sure id class wearing a captains armband as ‘supporting a campaign’. They didnt wear rainbow laces which was an actual campaign by players and Xhaka said Switzerland need to respect the rules of Qatar at the World cup.

This guy might be a twat but hes just following the rules of his favourite book

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not sure id class wearing a captains armband as ‘supporting a campaign’. They didnt wear rainbow laces which was an actual campaign by players and Xhaka said Switzerland need to respect the rules of Qatar at the World cup.

This guy might be a twat but hes just following the rules of his favourite book

A bit like some of the "guys" who liked a bit of Mein Kampf then ? 

• Like 1

2TK will ban all phobias soon, so chill guys and gals and await Dunkin's last minute rabbit out of the hat signing…..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

...what? Who exactly am I intolerant of in this situation 😂 it is their problem. It's entirely their issue and it has nothing to do with me. 

Not a single poster in here has properly read any of your posts.

...or it's full of simpletons. Difficult to say for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

...what? Who exactly am I intolerant of in this situation 😂 it is their problem. It's entirely their issue and it has nothing to do with me. 

In summary, you are intolerant of opposing points of view despite their reasons for them being held, if they do not tally with your own, but what we need is more understanding across all spectrums and certainly not more finger pointing and division.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

In summary, you are intolerant of opposing points of view despite their reasons for them being held, if they do not tally with your own, but what we need is more understanding across all spectrums and certainly not more finger pointing and division.

Bro you can't just keep saying I'm intolerant without explaining how 😂. I'm not intolerant of islam. They don't have to be gay. They can believe being gay is wrong. Hell they can even refuse to be friends with gay people if they want. That's all personal to them. 

But I suspect at this point you're just being a wind up, so I'll leave you to it ❤️

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Someone lock this ****ing thread until there’s an update.

Jesus Christ.

Well... it's either this or talk about how no-one is coming in and our board are Cvnts. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Bro you can't just keep saying I'm intolerant without explaining how 😂. I'm not intolerant of islam. They don't have to be gay. They can believe being gay is wrong. Hell they can even refuse to be friends with gay people if they want. That's all personal to them. 

But I suspect at this point you're just being a wind up, so I'll leave you to it ❤️

Not at all, you were lambasting this guy for refusing to attend a (worthwhile) rainbow match, but if it contradicted his religious beliefs, I see no problem with him not attending. Not ideal I agree and if he had it would been a powerful message, but it is a personal religion based choice. No? Maybe I misunderstood your original point. :dunno:

Anyway, let’s all enjoy the weather (if it’s nice where you are of course)

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not at all, you were lambasting this guy for refusing to attend a (worthwhile) rainbow match, but if it contradicted his religious beliefs, I see no problem with him not attending. Not ideal I agree and if he had it would been a powerful message, but it is a personal religion based choice. No? Maybe I misunderstood your original point. :dunno:

Anyway, let’s all enjoy the weather (if it’s nice where you are of course)

The issue is in the situation of employment here, he is also a public figure, who acts as a representative of both the club and it's fans. By refusing to take part in a gay rights campaign, that requires not specific actions other than doing what he would have already been doing otherwise, his refusal becomes active protest of gay rights as an issue. It stops being personal. This is why I said if he doesn't want to take part in things like this, he shouldnt be playing in Europe.

I think you're right tho about the end comment though. enjoy the weather mate.

Edited by JamesfromlondonLCFC

1 minute ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

The issue is in the situation of employment here, he is also a public figure, who acts as a representative of both the club and it's fans. By refusing to take part in a gay rights campaign, that requires not specific actions other than doing what he would have already been doing otherwise, his refusal becomes active protest of gay rights as an issue. It stops being personal. This is why I said if he doesn't want to take part in things like this, he shouldnt be playing in Europe.

I can see what you are saying, I just think it is not so simple, but let’s leave it there for now before we both get a ban. :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

For what reason would you do that? Do you hate rainbows or something? The pride flag means different things to most people. So being against it doesn't really make any sense, whilst being for gay rights. Because the pride flag is literally just about LGBTQ rights. Unless you're specifically opposed to trans people? Which is also stupid 

because it has been politicised with many things included beyond being about gay rights, and lets face it, that battle has been won, it has been said by many gay people.

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

because it has been politicised with many things included beyond being about gay rights, and lets face it, that battle has been won, it has been said by many gay people.

To be honest, it would have been fine to my mind if he'd said 'While it contradicts aspects of my religious beliefs, I do respect that we live in a culture where these lifestyles are tolerated, and am happy to live in such a culture. Though I don't wish to oppress anyone's freedoms, I'm uncomfortable with being obliged to wear something for which the symbolism, in my view, goes beyond that message.' Or words to that effect.

And if he'd been told he had to wear it whether he liked it or not, then his boycott might have been more understandable, because I don't believe we can tell people what they have to believe in, or wear.

Perhaps he did articulate something along those lines. Perhaps it was the gun being held to his head which was the critical factor.

I have my doubts that he did that, however. I suspect he doesn't want to toe any lines, will boycott games, doesn't want to live in a tolerant culture, and will get himself into more trouble for his extreme views. And then, you'd have to wonder whether it'd all be worth it for someone who's nearly 27, and apparently not very good.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Quite, it really outs a lot of people's own prejudices when they think being against a homophobic player is politics in football.

Very telling on those individuals tbh

really, if you think you can throw me under the bus with that, then i ain't having it. most on here are being completely 2 faced and not even realising. the majority of those claiming to be against division are the actual ones causing division. keep all politics and all religious crap OUT of football. like i said the other week on here and got a few divs jumping on me.

now, these days, we have laws against many types of hatred which is good, but i've never in my whole life seen or heard anyone being insulted for being gay and the last time i heard any racism was in 1996 against west ham, and if that happened again i'd want them people dealt with. 

BUT, if all politics and religion where left out of football these days completely, this division we are talking about now wouldn't have even happened and all we'd be talking about was football.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chuddy8 said:

If he's a devout Muslim I can sympathise with him not wanting to promote homosexuality, even though I strongly disagree. I am very pro-gay rights, but also believe people shouldn't be forced in to promoting something they aren't comfortable with just because society demands it. 

There's a massive difference between being anti-something and not being pro-something. He should be allowed to not wear the rainbow, as long as he doesn't actively speak out against equal rights.

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS someone finally gets it, and is proper liberal 

edit - and to say, i'm not a big fan of islam at all because of many of it's strange teachings and how open to interpretation it all is, but if you are pro rights, you can then pick and choice who doesn't have the same free rights with you, because you disagree

Edited by guest123