Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Broja - loaned to Everton

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Broja may turn out to be a decent striker. But given that he has yet to prove himself anywhere, what have you seen that makes you so confident in him?

My cousin is sth at Southampton and reckons he was their best player the season he was there. Also scored a lot of goals on loan at vitesse. Watch some of his highlights and compare them to other one season wonders many on here are raving about 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf, fast forward 6 months and I'll probably be defending Broja's 0.68 goal contributions per lot of 90 minutes when everyone's calling him shit because he's being horrendously mismanaged. 

He certainly is at chelsea

Edited by CyprusFox

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf, fast forward 6 months

Sotop.jpg

Daka scores 10 in 10 between December and January, leading to Broja’s loan being terminated on February 1st. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, I'd start a fit Daka over Broja every day of the week and I'm not joking or doing a 'bit' here.

He's just a more dangerous forward. Broja might be a bit cleaner in possession but he's not a better striker.

What if Daka looks a bit better in a system where his atrocious technical ability is less likely to be an impediment, and his undeniable lightning pace is an asset on the counter attack?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Sotop.jpg

Daka scores 10 in 10 between December and January, leading to Broja’s loan being terminated on February 1st. 

Daka then gets an ACL injury on February 2nd

4 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

"Restricted by finance" really does make for sickening - if not unexpected - reading given the many millions we've spaffed up the wall on mediocre, non-attacking players this window. 

We've just happened to suddenly remember we can't spend any money after spending £25m on Skipp, it happens 😐

Just now, Bilo said:

What if Daka looks a bit better in a system where his atrocious technical ability is less likely to be an impediment, and his undeniable lightning pace is an asset on the counter attack?

Daka isn't fast though, it's a myth 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

That 25 mill on Skip is looking daft now we're skint

Tbf it did at the time.

Just now, Bilo said:

Thought he looked surprisingly good dropping in deep and linking up in Enzo's system tbh. Think it suited him better than Vards and Nacho which I didn't expect.

25 minutes ago, benpicko said:

So our options are a homophobe or a man whose other move this transfer window fell apart because he failed his medical, brilliant stuff

So we've a choice of one who wouldn't bum you because he's homophobic, Broja who couldn't catch you because he's crocked and Daka who would miss your arsehole.

33 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Quite happy with it as long as we're not getting tied into a ridiculous obligation to buy like Ipswich were going to. 

Also, what's the medical issue?

Herpes i think.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf it did at the time.

Thought he looked surprisingly good dropping in deep and linking up in Enzo's system tbh. Think it suited him better than Vards and Nacho which I didn't expect.

He's an absolute confidence striker, but he's had it ripped out of him over the last couple of years. I do wonder how he'd fare in a counter attacking team if he bagged a couple and ended up going on a bit of a run. It's not like we're tripping over alternatives. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Avoid! Failed his medical at Ipswich, dodgy Achilles isn't it? 

Suffered a foot injury on Chelsea's pre-season tour in America.....he can probably recoup at Seagrave Rehab centre for a year .... Also I think missed all of last year due to the ACL he suffered playing against Villa in December 22 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

He's an absolute confidence striker, but he's had it ripped out of him over the last couple of years. I do wonder how he'd fare in a counter attacking team if he bagged a couple and ended up going on a bit of a run. It's not like we're tripping over alternatives. 

Shame he'll probably be out for six months.

Ipswich made some good signings this window. I was a little jealous. Then they lined up Broja for £30m and I felt so much better about everything. Bang average player for silly money, who wouldn't keep them up. 

I should've known...