Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UKEchelon

Southampton Away

19 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

This probably has to be said because of the regulations but in reality, this won't be the case will it? Any visiting team isn't going to have a block of away fans all sitting down.

I think you are right.  I haven't been to an away game i can remember sitting.  I'm going palace on Saturday though and I'm at the back so for once it would be better if we all sat down or itll be like watching the game through a letterbox in their away end 😂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

This probably has to be said because of the regulations but in reality, this won't be the case will it? Any visiting team isn't going to have a block of away fans all sitting down.

Have you not been to a Leicester away before? Often have vast swathes sitting down near the front, coach 1 ultras

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoxesTalker said:

There are literally over 2,800 safe standing spots to choose from with only 150 odd seats. So yes, those seats will genuinely have sitters in it.

1 hour ago, FoxesTalker said:

It’s not normally stated and, as you’ve said, not many people will want to stand as away supporters. They’re trying to make a point here I think, which will probably fall flat. They’ve provided safe standing now at Southampton for the majority of away fans, so have given a small block to cater for the minority who can’t or don’t want to stand. Most people will avoid buying in that area, but if/when they are the only seats left, obviously anyone wanting a ticket will buy in there, who may well then stand up.

So it could create a situation of our fans in that block arguing between themselves about sitting/standing, with the stewards looking on with complete disinterest and it causing a problem rather than being the intended solution. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It’s not normally stated and, as you’ve said, not many people will want to stand as away supporters. They’re trying to make a point here I think, which will probably fall flat. They’ve provided safe standing now at Southampton for the majority of away fans, so have given a small block to cater for the minority who can’t or don’t want to stand. Most people will avoid buying in that area, but if/when they are the only seats left, obviously anyone wanting a ticket will buy in there, who may well then stand up.

So it could create a situation of our fans in that block arguing between themselves about sitting/standing, with the stewards looking on with complete disinterest and it causing a problem rather than being the intended solution. 

This is what happened at Tottenham a couple of years ago. However this block at Soton is so small I would imagine it will be full of people who actually want to sit.

I know a lot on here have no time for people who have been travelling away for decades, but there are regular fans who cannot stand for 90 minutes & the no standing block should be respected

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Have you not been to a Leicester away before? Often have vast swathes sitting down near the front, coach 1 ultras

I'm well aware that we have fans at the front who sit down at away games, but the amount varies and can hardly be called swathes. Although it does depend on the away ground to an extent.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There are literally over 2,800 safe standing spots to choose from with only 150 odd seats. So yes, those seats will genuinely have sitters in it.

Fair enough if that happens to be the case. I could be mistaken, but seem to recall Cardiff away last season had a designated seating area/block which was stood during the game anyway. 

14 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Roughly 4 almost full blocks and 3 half full still available out of the original 7, which are all safe standing. One block with about 70 seats available which states no standing.

Is it blocks 12-17/18 now or 22-28?

Also are the trains not running into city is that correct?  Any alternatives from parkway?

Edited by The boy Linacre

17 hours ago, FoxesTalker said:

Fair enough if that happens to be the case. I could be mistaken, but seem to recall Cardiff away last season had a designated seating area/block which was stood during the game anyway. 

Cardiff had a much smaller standing area. When over 90% is standing like at Southampton, that should give enough people the chance to buy in the standing area. According to surveys 85-90% of people are in favour of standing, so those numbers match up.

• Like 1

The following amuses me slightly ...

At home games:  I stand up before the game, sit down during the 1st half, stand up during half time, sit down during the 2nd half.
At away games:  I sit down before the game, stand up during the 1st half, sit down during half time, stand up during the 2nd half.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

At home games:  I stand up before the game, sit down during the 1st half, stand up during half time, sit down during the 2nd half.
At away games:  I sit down before the game, stand up during the 1st half, sit down during half time, stand up during the 2nd half.

and thats the way it always should be!

Edited by Strawberry_Jam

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Should be the latter home and away

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Yeah ... and it would be, if our club ever deigned to put in safe standing ... like nearly every other proper club.

People need to stand up anyways.. it’ll change their mind quicker.. 

It would be helpful to members ......and indeed people in lower ST brackets if the club could let us see what's left on the site so we know whether it's worth hanging around our computer at 5pm (or whatever times they go on sale).  

Fingers crossed for 5pm.  

Edited by rugbyblue

22 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

It would be helpful to members ......and indeed people in lower ST brackets if the club could let us see what's left on the site so we know whether it's worth hanging around our computer at 5pm (or whatever times they go on sale).  

Fingers crossed for 5pm.  

You’ll definitely get tickets if you want them for this one