Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Edouard - joined on loan

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Most of the links I can find are with Ipswich at the moment. So us signing him is hardly ….

……

Odsonne ;)

Apologies, just seen this.

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Daka can finish but his touch and instincts are severely lacking. Not sure that can be coached to this level.

Daka has great instinct, unfortunately he lacks football intelligence and movement. And when his instincts kick in he's usually in the wrong position, both on the field and in his body shape, to make best use of them 

When it comes to involvement in the attacking phase, Édouard is relatively muted. It’s not down to a lack of effort - he regularly finds himself in the box, displaying his desire to be at the heart of the action. However, he is a player that thrives off balls into the box instead of slow and central build-up, and Palace has never been able to regularly play to his strengths. 

As a result of being a more traditional poacher, Édouard’s ability to play with his back to goal is severely lacking. He appears both slower and weaker than the majority of centre-backs he comes up against, and rarely contributes in a target-man type role. Instead, his best link-up occurs in counter-attacking scenarios, when he is able to carry the ball forward before taking it on himself or setting a winger through on goal 

https://thepalaceway.com/news/odsonne-edouard-causing-a-divide#google_vignette

Just now, les-tah said:

Say what you like about his time at Palace but he didnt have the morrocan Messi behind him did he

Yeah. Only had Eze, Olise and Wharton. They're all cack :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Wymsey beat Nixon to break this story by 30 mins or so, should we consider him to be a new ITK?!

Never seen Wymsey and Nixon in the same room together. Just sayin’ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Wymsey beat Nixon to break this story by 30 mins or so, should we consider him to be a new ITK?!

That's up to yourselves, but don't want to claim anything.

Just heard the club have been in 'very recent' contact with him - like earlier in the window.

This is the one we're all going to cling to between now and 11 isn't it!? Then we'll all give up, go to bed, wake up in the morning just to double check nothing went through then all be severely pee'd off when Vardy is out for a few weeks and we're stuck with Ayew up front 

The way I see it is if any player, even for a season, is going to help keep us up, then that's the only thing that matters. 

If Edouard chips in with about 7 or 8 goals and the same amount of assists, it'll most likely have been worth it. And on the basis that other players chip in with similar contributions. 

• Like 1

I called this one a couple of days ago. I think we have very few options left so this will have to do.

I can see us setting up very much like early Klopp era Liverpool, with 3 hard working midfielders sat behind a counter attacking front 3.

Except that they had Salah and Mane and we have BDCR and Ayew, which is basically the same thing.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

That's up to yourselves, but don't want to claim anything.

Just heard the club have been in 'very recent' contact with him - like earlier in the window.

Would you say it’s likely at this stage or too late?