Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Edouard - joined on loan

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd take Vardy, confident, with good service over a lot of teams first choice strikers in this league, it wasn't such a stupid comment. 

He isn't the Vardy that you cash smash it long to and have him chase the channels anymore but if you actually create chances in around the box his movement and finishing is still better than most. 

Biggest problem the year we went down is we created almost **** all for any of them. 

I would probably too, because we know he can provide that finishing touch. But I predict we will see more and more games this season where he will be completely ineffective like against Fulham or Spurs first half.

I hope not, of course. There's nothing better than seeing him on the score sheet.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Its funny, CP statement about signing Nketiah, that they needed a proven goal scorer and have off loaded the garbage to us:D 

Sloppy seconds are always welcome.

• Haha 1

At the end of the day we can all grumble about our transfer window, would I have wanted Edouard when it opened? Probably not. But we are where we are, we haven't been able to spend (I don't think it's because we're skint) because of where we are with PSR. There is a problem with those rules and this has led to a very strange transfer window for all clubs. You know football has gone mad when you've got clubs selling off their youth talent just to fund their other dealings and you have a league 1 club spunking £12million on 1 player! 

I'm relatively satisfied with the business we've done, would have liked a left back, but we're done now. Let's see what this lot can do, gain as many points as we can before the premier league take them back off us again and get behind the team to see us finish at least 17th.

• Like 2

Well that was a better result than I was expecting. Thought we would end up getting some no name from some no league in as a striker. 
But this was totally left field and I’m quite happy about it. They were better options out there, but not for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd take Vardy, confident, with good service over a lot of teams first choice strikers in this league, it wasn't such a stupid comment. 

He isn't the Vardy that you cash smash it long to and have him chase the channels anymore but if you actually create chances in around the box his movement and finishing is still better than most. 

Biggest problem the year we went down is we created almost **** all for any of them. 

I agree with this. Problem is, I worry we'll be in a similar boat with creativity this season

Bar 20minutes against Spurs I think we've looked really poor going forwards. Windows shut now though and we have our squad so hopefully once we've settled down we will compete 

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Its funny, CP statement about signing Nketiah, that they needed a proven goal scorer and have off loaded the garbage to us:D 

They know they signed Nketiah right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

I would probably too, because we know he can provide that finishing touch. But I predict we will see more and more games this season where he will be completely ineffective like against Fulham or Spurs first half.

I hope not, of course. There's nothing better than seeing him on the score sheet.

Yeah but I think it's really easy to under state the fact he scored against Spurs. 

Time after time he does that. The finish might have been fairly straightforward but he was there. In the right place. Unmarked.

Again.

I'd take him over Calvert Lewin, Armstrong, Mateta, Delap, Muniz, Fullkrug, Awoniyi. 

It's not like every team in the league has a world class 9.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

At the end of the day we can all grumble about our transfer window, would I have wanted Edouard when it opened? Probably not. But we are where we are, we haven't been able to spend (I don't think it's because we're skint) because of where we are with PSR. There is a problem with those rules and this has led to a very strange transfer window for all clubs. You know football has gone mad when you've got clubs selling off their youth talent just to fund their other dealings and you have a league 1 club spunking £12million on 1 player! 

I'm relatively satisfied with the business we've done, would have liked a left back, but we're done now. Let's see what this lot can do, gain as many points as we can before the premier league take them back off us again and get behind the team to see us finish at least 17th.

Same. Would've liked a LB too. I'm hoping Cooper sees sense on Ricardo and therefore moves JJ to LB, then we'd be OK for now.

I think Vardy and Eduoard as the number 9 options aren't too bad for a relegation battle really, as long as we create chances which for me is an issue. I'd argue they're a better pair of choices than some of the teams towards the bottom have 

Calvert-Lewin had one good season, otherwise he's been similar to Everton. Ipswich and Southampton I'd say number 9 wise are probably behind us, maybe?

Obviously Daka is poor, but he usually shows up for a month too so who knows, we might be OK. We'll certainly need goals though considering our cb pairing is faes and jannik

I think we've somehow become fortunate with this signing, but I'd have certainly taken Edouard back in May. 

Hasn't worked out at Palace but he's not been disastrous, and he was prolific before. We need a striker with some physicality too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I agree with this. Problem is, I worry we'll be in a similar boat with creativity this season

Bar 20minutes against Spurs I think we've looked really poor going forwards. Windows shut now though and we have our squad so hopefully once we've settled down we will compete 

But then that's a problem whoever the striker is, as we've seen repeatedly. 

It's why I said buying a striker is an absolute waste of money if we don't sort the supply out first. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

But then that's a problem whoever the striker is, as we've seen repeatedly. 

It's why I said buying a striker is an absolute waste of money if we don't sort the supply out first. 

But we've signed a creative player and another to hopefully sure up the midfield and allow the creative players to do their thing, fingers crossed it works. Our problem is the low block tactics of Cooper that we've seen so far

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

But we've signed a creative player and another to hopefully sure up the midfield and allow the creative players to do their thing, fingers crossed it works. Our problem is the low block tactics of Cooper that we've seen so far

Yep. Sack him.