Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Edouard - joined on loan

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm still really reticent about this, even after having a couple of hours or so to think about it.

I genuinely think the window hasn't been as bad as a lot of people think, though.

Ayew has experience and quality and will offer more than just goalscoring.

Skipp firms up our midfield and adds badly needed quality in that area. I personally think he'll be our most important signing of the window.

De Cordova-Reid hasn't set the world alight but when he's settled he should be an experienced hand who will be a good rotation option, allowing us to keep Mavididi and Fatawu fresh.

Buonanotte is a very talented boy who looks like he could catch fire with more minutes under his belt.

El Khannouss is a bit of an unknown quantity but comes with real hype and could unlock defences, something we badly need.

Golding has something about him and is definitely one for the future.

We're seeing our U21s go out on loan and get valuable experience now, which will be great for them and the club.

Yes, Okoli could go either way, but he seems to be rated in Italy so he deserves a chance, and we could've done with Alves going out on loan too as it seems he isn't particularly close to a first-team spot. Maybe he's closer than we think.

So I'm largely positive about the window and am not a whinger in the slightest. But I do think Édouard could be the biggest dud of the window. I'm not entirely sure what he brings to the table, if I'm being honest.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. I want him to be brilliant and I'll be supporting him no matter what. I'm certainly not going to drone on about it. But I'm the least hopeful with him out of all our signings if I'm being honest.

Agreed with most of this, only thing would have been to get rid of more of the deadwood which we continue to fail at 

• Like 2

I'm still really reticent about this, even after having a couple of hours or so to think about it.

I genuinely think the window hasn't been as bad as a lot of people think, though.

Skipp firms up our midfield and adds badly needed quality in that area. I personally think he'll be our most important signing of the window.

De Cordova-Reid hasn't set the world alight but when he's settled he should be an experienced hand who will be a good rotation option, allowing us to keep Mavididi and Fatawu fresh.

Buonanotte is a very talented boy who looks like he could catch fire with more minutes under his belt.

El Khannouss is a bit of an unknown quantity but comes with real hype and could unlock defences, something we badly need.

We're seeing our U21s go out on loan and get valuable experience now, which will be great for them and the club.

Yes, Okoli could go either way, but he seems to be rated in Italy so he deserves a chance, and we could've done with Alves going out on loan too as it seems he isn't particularly close to a first-team spot. Maybe he's closer than we think.

So I'm largely positive about the window and am not a whinger in the slightest. But I do think Édouard could be the biggest dud of the window. I'm not entirely sure what he brings to the table, if I'm being honest.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. I want him to be brilliant and I'll be supporting him no matter what. I'm certainly not going to drone on about it. But I'm the least hopeful with him out of all our signings if I'm being honest.

I'm sorry,.but i disagree.  IF were serious about staying up, we need better.  The amount of signings which are 'maybe', we 'could be' isnt good enough.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

see thats fine if he was a rotation option but for some odd reason he's starting ahead of Mavididi

I think Edouard is probably the best we could do given its deadline day and we have no money left.

It's been a mixed bag of a window, certainly some good signings.

I think my biggest issue is we clearly had money to spend as we have spent, but I would say getting in a proper goal scorer was the most important thing and should of been prioritised and we've focused our money and attention in other areas leaving us scrambling on the last day to find a cheap option.

I'm thankful we have found something because having nothing would be worse, but its been another window where mistakes have been made....and we still can't shift soumare haha

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

It's not a bad window at all. Problem is I don't really see any of them being that classy signing that will keep us up.. but when you remember we are favourites for the drop, we've bought in decent enough options from the shelf we can reach 

Eduoard is a better option than daka

Ayew and bdcr offer experience

Facundo looked good so far

Bilal looks to have bags of potential (do we have time to build it though)

Abdul is quality and now our player 

Skipp looks solid, shame he don't offer goals too but then if he did he'd have had better offers

Goldings for the future/ticking boxes in the kdh transfer

im not keen on Okoli, I really feel we've messed up on that one though, especially when you consider we have jannik on another 3 years too

I still don't feel like we have enough to compete, but we have a few new younger players on the books should we drop that should be good enough to help us bounce back, or at least maintain their value to help with psr 

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Speak to Celtic fans.

Unfortunately a complete different level to where we play at. Mark De Vries looked decent in the SPL.

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

see thats fine if he was a rotation option but for some odd reason he's starting ahead of Mavididi

I think Mavididi was only on the bench because in Cooper's mind he was the only one who could come on and replace Vards. If and when Edouard signs then I guess Mavididi will slot straight back to left wing. 

• Like 2

Just now, KP Fox said:

I think Mavididi was only on the bench because in Cooper's mind he was the only one who could come on and replace Vards. If and when Edouard signs then I guess Mavididi will slot straight back to left wing. 

Ner, I genuinely think Cooper fancies Reid over Mavididi 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Unfortunately a complete different level to where we play at. Mark De Vries looked decent in the SPL.

Had some brilliant nights in Europe when he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Not saying he’s the answer but he’s got more about him than anything we’ve been linked with.

He thrives on being the main man, and given our current lack of options this could just work