Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Edouard - joined on loan

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If he can recapture his form at Celtic would be a decent signing. Let’s hope he can do the business.

How many SPL defenses (a part from ours) are equal to or worse than say Forfar Athletic Working Man’s Club back line??

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ner, I genuinely think Cooper fancies Reid over Mavididi 

I think it’s probably more that Steph has never played in the PL, and Cooper might not have wanted to throw in straight away 

• Like 2

Can't play against Palace after the internationals.. but vs Everton the week after? Not too bad?

Hermansen

Riccy.        Faes.          Vestergaaed.  Justin

Skipp.        Winks

Fatawu.             Facundo.           Mavididi

Eduoard 

Vardy BDCR ayew khanous kristiansen ndidi coady ward Hamza

Probably won't start riccy for some reason and I only picked ward because Cooper will. That should be enough to beat teams like Everton at home, albeit we are lacking physicality in the middle and barring Jannik, height.

Keep in games and then utilise Vardy for 25/30 mins 

5 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

I think Mavididi was only on the bench because in Cooper's mind he was the only one who could come on and replace Vards. If and when Edouard signs then I guess Mavididi will slot straight back to left wing. 

Bobbys is who cooper wants on the left. That’s obvious, and the very reason it’s the worst signing of the season. Had Bobby not come in, Mavididi would be starting.

14 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

see thats fine if he was a rotation option but for some odd reason he's starting ahead of Mavididi

We’re only 2 games in to a 38 game season, there’s a long way to go and a lot of football to be played. I appreciate we can only judge off of what we have seen so far but until you get a few games past this first international break it can still change so much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Palace_1905 said:

not quick enough, doesn't work hard enough, hold up play pretty poor ... the one positive attribute I would say is his finishing isn't bad. But yeah he's just a very very average player at this level, delighted to be shot of him. 

Well that’s cheered me up no end! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm still really reticent about this, even after having a couple of hours or so to think about it.

I genuinely think the window hasn't been as bad as a lot of people think, though.

Ayew has experience and quality and will offer more than just goalscoring.

Skipp firms up our midfield and adds badly needed quality in that area. I personally think he'll be our most important signing of the window.

De Cordova-Reid hasn't set the world alight but when he's settled he should be an experienced hand who will be a good rotation option, allowing us to keep Mavididi and Fatawu fresh.

Buonanotte is a very talented boy who looks like he could catch fire with more minutes under his belt.

El Khannouss is a bit of an unknown quantity but comes with real hype and could unlock defences, something we badly need.

Golding has something about him and is definitely one for the future.

We're seeing our U21s go out on loan and get valuable experience now, which will be great for them and the club.

Yes, Okoli could go either way, but he seems to be rated in Italy so he deserves a chance, and we could've done with Alves going out on loan too as it seems he isn't particularly close to a first-team spot. Maybe he's closer than we think.

So I'm largely positive about the window and am not a whinger in the slightest. But I do think Édouard could be the biggest dud of the window. I'm not entirely sure what he brings to the table, if I'm being honest.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. I want him to be brilliant and I'll be supporting him no matter what. I'm certainly not going to drone on about it. But I'm the least hopeful with him out of all our signings if I'm being honest.

Let’s hope you’re right. 

Skip looks promising along with the morrocan Foden and the lad from Brighton okoli will probably do a job.

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Possibly the first signing I’m more excited about his chant (stone roses) than the player, if it’s du du du du, Edson Edouard I’ll go ****ing mental. 

Help me out here cos I can’t fit this to any of their tunes 

42 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm sorry,.but i disagree.  IF were serious about staying up, we need better.  The amount of signings which are 'maybe', we 'could be' isnt good enough.  

i don’t think it’s a case of just going and getting better… I think we are being rejected by some of the ones we want and are having to lower our standards and signing who we can get…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Help me out here cos I can’t fit this to any of their tunes 

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Any excuse to listen to it :D 

I wanna be Edoaurd

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Possibly the first signing I’m more excited about his chant (stone roses) than the player, if it’s du du du du, Edson Edouard I’ll go ****ing mental. 

Let’s go f’kin mental, Edsonne Edouarde mental ala la la, la la la!!! 

Great idea - he really does need a new chant and you’ve nailed it!!!