Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

Edouard - joined on loan

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

But then that's a problem whoever the striker is, as we've seen repeatedly. 

It's why I said buying a striker is an absolute waste of money if we don't sort the supply out first. 

Agreed. I think we've got players that can create, but the problem is they all have to be on it at the same time. 

We tend to have a player having a good game ie facundo vs Spurs, but everyone else is off the pace (I know Abdul got the assist, but did nothing else). If you have 2 or 3 on it together then there is more space to create.. when it's just one man then teams just shun them.

My worry is Bilal is going to need 6 months to get up to speed in the league and we can't afford that time. I hope I'm wrong though and he just takes the p1ss and smashes it 

Side note... Eduoard on loan with no obligation or Broja on loan with a 30m obligation. .  We won that one 

Contract runs out next summer, so if he wants a big deal somewhere, then he better produce the goods with us. 

At 26, this could be his last chance to make a splash in the Premier League. 

Don't think he will ever be prolific, but he could get 15 goals for us if he rediscovers his Celtic form. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, em9999 said:

This proves the point I was making .. so I never lose a argument is a accurate statement .. 

But you're missing the point that Nketiah is from Arsenal and Edouard is from Palace, so that automatically makes Nketiah the better player 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this transfer window has been a very "Martin O'Neill" type window for us. Nothing too flashy, experienced players, the odd one out of nowhere and not spending a lot of money, let's hope it has the same affect as they did 27 years ago

• Like 2

Just now, STUHILL said:

Contract runs out next summer, so if he wants a big deal somewhere, then he better produce the goods with us. 

Don't think he will ever be prolific, but he could get 15 goals for us if he rediscovers his Celtic form. 

Going to be positive, he'll have 10 by the new year 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Yeah but I think it's really easy to under state the fact he scored against Spurs. 

Time after time he does that. The finish might have been fairly straightforward but he was there. In the right place. Unmarked.

Again.

I'd take him over Calvert Lewin, Armstrong, Mateta, Delap, Muniz, Fullkrug, Awoniyi. 

It's not like every team in the league has a world class 9.

Sure, that's fair.

His movement has been great for years and his early season performance may be rustiness after his injury.

He certainly has amazing knowhow and judging from his appearance on the pitch, he seems like he's taken on an even more prominent leader role than before.

But the PL can be ruthless physically and he won't have the pace or strength to hold up the ball or be effective on the fast counter. If Fatawu, BEK and Mavididi (when he inevitable gets reinstated, surely!) can properly feed Vards, then I agree we have a striker that's still got top quality.

Just now, hejammy said:

So is this defo done? I really want to go to sleep! (yes I know it's a Friday night but I'm over 40 god dammit)

Don't think you staying up affects the transfer mate

Rudkin went bed at 10 if that helps your decision

• Haha 4

Just now, Simonb said:

Don't think you staying up affects the transfer mate

Rudkin went bed at 10 if that helps your decision

Wait, you mean when I sleep the world carries on? Oh ffs you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the wise words and life lesson. 

Yes I get cranky when I'm tired. 

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

15 goals in the PL is pretty prolific I'd say

Just now, hejammy said:

Wait, you mean when I sleep the world carries on? Oh ffs you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the wise words and life lesson. 

Yes I get cranky when I'm tired. 

Hahaha mate I'm in the same boat

I'm absolutely battered and should've turned in hours ago, yet I've sat up for the last 6 hours watching a bunch of reporters talk rubbish for hours and bs their way through a day skysports created 🤣 repeating themselves for hours and I'm still watching it

All I've learnt is football is even more fvcked than I thought. Forget how long they had left on their contracts and that one is English for a moment

Birmingham have paid 12-15m for a player that's had one half decent season, scoring 12 goals in the championship last year .. to play in league one.

Liverpool paid 11m to bring in one of the players of the tournament at the 2021 euros, who was rated at around 70m a year or so ago and is quite frankly a very good footballer to compete for the Premier league title

Make it make sense because I can't 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We're being silly if we don't think 15 goals is prolific