Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loan to Stoke City - Official

Well, another player I have potentially got wrong. 
I was not expecting him to be our No.9 this season, but was more than ready to have him as an option from the bench. 

I guess Enzo and now Cooper, were spot on about him and he just isn't that good. 

Stoke were shit and didn't create anything for him. It's all very well slating him for not putting himself about, but he's likely on instruction to occupy the central space and not drift out.  In the first half he pressed a bit but nobody else was and it went nowhere.  Middling Championship teams will have shit games throughout the season. Hopefully they get a bit more productive and so does he, but it's harsh to judge him on the back of a game like that. If Stoke were putting chances on a plate for him then fair enough, but they barely got it anywhere near him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Shocking tonight but so were Stoke. They give him no service at all but he doesn't exactly put himself about to help himself either... 

He gets into good positions but if no one is going to find him then he will never look capable, he is an old school striker that needs to be fed.

Wrong choice sending him to Stoke 

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He gets into good positions but if no one is going to find him then he will never look capable, he is an old school striker that needs to be fed.

Wrong choice sending him to Stoke 

They probably paid more than the others would. I know that’s short sighted but you can see why we would.

8 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Why we thought it was a good idea to sign a youth striker for £7mil when we had 3 senior strikers and no gametime to offer him I wont understand.

As part of a dodgy deal involving agents like when we signed Vesty and Bertrand because Rodgers son worked for the same firm. 

Full of dodgy, pointless signings is our recent history 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

A decent portion of stoke's fanbase seem to have written him off already, hopefully he can turn it around for them once he's got a run of games.

Why we thought it was a good idea to sign a youth striker for £7mil when we had 3 senior strikers and no gametime to offer him I wont understand.

And an injured one at that.

I've always seen him more as a Poacher that a Striker or a Target man. He's not big enough or strong enough to be a physical target man and not mobile enough as a striker.

He does take up good positions in the box but needs a supply. I think Stoke just need to find out how to get the best out of him. Which may take a while, but I expect him to come good.