Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loan to Stoke City - Official

It is another example of how we don’t learn though. 

We are just incredibly bad at judging when a players stock is high. 

After hamza went to watford, clubs wanted him for 6-7m. Southampton and leeds both with interest.  Hamza was very helpful for us but his stock will be lower now and he walks on a free. We could have easily cashed in and still been promoted.

But this most resembles the iversen situation, iversen went to preston was their best player. We had good, pure profit offers on the table for what I heard was close to 5 mill but apparently we took a stance of it had to be at least 5m…. palace (and whoever else) told us to jog on and now he’s  worth maybe a mill but nobody can pay his wages. 

Same old, same old. As others have said, he’d need over 10 goals for championship teams to consider 5m again.  I think we’ve just misjudged it as why take a gamble when we could have just got rid and moved on. He’s obviously not highly regarded as we’ve had 2 managers not interested in even giving him cameos 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It is another example of how we don’t learn though. 

We are just incredibly bad at judging when a players stock is high. 

After hamza went to watford, clubs wanted him for 6-7m. Southampton and leeds both with interest.  Hamza was very helpful for us but his stock will be lower now and he walks on a free. We could have easily cashed in and still been promoted.

But this most resembles the iversen situation, iversen went to preston was their best player. We had good, pure profit offers on the table for what I heard was close to 5 mill but apparently we took a stance of it had to be at least 5m…. palace (and whoever else) told us to jog on and now he’s  worth maybe a mill but nobody can pay his wages. 

Same old, same old. As others have said, he’d need over 10 goals for championship teams to consider 5m again.  I think we’ve just misjudged it as why take a gamble when we could have just got rid and moved on. He’s obviously not highly regarded as we’ve had 2 managers not interested in even giving him cameos 

Give him a minute though, eh? He missed a pen in a shootout where nobody wanted to score.