Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Odsonne Edouard joins on loan - Official

Posted (edited)

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4100840/odsonne-douard-signs-leicester-city-loan-deal

Leicester City Football Club have agreed a loan deal for striker Odsonne Édouard from Crystal Palace, subject to Premier League approval.

- Leicester City confirm loan signing of Odsonne Édouard
- Crystal Palace striker to spend 2024/25 season on Filbert Way
- He has made 95 appearances in the Premier League

The 26-year-old, who has previously spent five seasons at Celtic in the Scottish Premiership, joins the Foxes from the Eagles and will add to Steve Cooper’s forward options for the 2024/25 campaign.

A former French youth international, the striker has made a total of 95 Premier League appearances for the London side since his arrival in 2021, scoring 18 goals.

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “I can’t wait to get started. I’m really excited to be joining a team like Leicester City and to do what I can to help the team in the Premier League this season. 

“There’s a fantastic squad here and I’m confident that the team has what it takes to be successful. I’ll be working hard to make sure I do everything I can to support my team and to show the fans what I can do on the pitch.”

Born in Kourou, French Guiana, Édouard progressed through the ranks of AF Bobigny before signing for Paris Saint-Germain in July 2011 and going on to sign a professional contract five years later. He was loaned to Toulouse for the 2016/17 campaign, scoring his first senior goal in November 2016.

In August 2017, Édouard signed a season-long loan with Celtic, and ended the season with 11 goals to his name – leading to a permanent move that would see a further four trophy-laden seasons in Scotland. In total, he scored 89 times for the Hoops and helped them secure four titles, two Scottish Cups and three Scottish League Cups before a move to the Premier League with Crystal Palace in 2021.

His Palace debut came in a 3-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur, where he found the net twice as a second half substitute. The striker has since gone on to become a regular for the Eagles, with his eight goals in the 2023/24 campaign helping earn the team a 10th placed finish in the Premier League.

He will now link-up with the Leicester City squad for the duration of the 2024/25 season, with a home game with Aston Villanext up on Saturday 31 August (3pm BST kick-off).

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Do they literally give the new players the same script? 😂

"Do us a favour, read this while I record you so we can put it on our X account"