Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Odsonne Edouard joins on loan - Official

16:37
ipswich.png
crystal_palace.png

Ipswich move for Edouard as Broja pursuit stalls

Mail Sport's SIMON JONES...

Ipswich have made a fresh enquiry for Crystal Palace forward Odsonne Edouard as they struggle to reach agreement on Armando Broja.

Last minute shopping on the back of another club bidding again 

40 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

No one has ever reacted to the signing of a striker who is allergic to goals in the Barclays with "have it"

Ha.  During a period in which Palace have been really quite good, he has never been their first choice striker, so I don't think his goal return is awful.  Anyway at this point beggars can't be choosers and he will bring more to the table than  most of the realistic alternatives.  I bet he plays and scores more than Broja at Everton.

• Like 1

No risk and cheap signing, not bad option to have. 

I also like the fact he's something different to what we currently have up top. Whether he scores enough goals remains to be seen, but happy we got another striker in with different attributes. 

New environment, new way of playing may be better for him.

Good age and a very good record previously. Sometimes just doesn’t work at a club but he has still posted ok numbers which if he can replicate that will help us enormously.

Is it too much to ask that we give him a chance here? Just waiting for him to have a 5 minute cameo coming on for Vardy and getting written off as he hasn’t scored a hat trick in they time :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He contract ends next year so it's only an obligation to not bang on about it if he becomes a superstar then signs for free next summer.

And that's crazy as fvck.

Imagine paying for a player then letting him walk away for free at the end of his contract.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Attention span issues?  :)

Honestly, I accept all pelters on this - sometimes, just as with humour or nuance, the brain fails to see what is actually written. I've been the victim of it before, and now I did it myself.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Honestly, I accept all pelters on this - sometimes, just as with humour or nuance, the brain fails to see what is actually written. I've been the victim of it before, and now I did it myself.

I added a smiley as I am all too regularly guilty of finishing the conclusion before the sentence. Plus it’s a super rare opportunity to josh about such things from you!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

He scored 8 times last season? I admit I paid zero attention to the Prem while we were gone, but that sounds like a reasonable return. The way people have been talking about him made it sound like he's on Akinbiyi levels of hopeless in front of goal.

Good luck Odsonne, welcome to the madhouse.

Can I be that guy and state as much as Akinbiyi is a watchword for useless LCFC strikers, he did score 9 in his first season in the Prem which, according to you, is a reasonable return! 

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

Can I be that guy and state as much as Akinbiyi is a watchword for useless LCFC strikers, he did score 9 in his first season in the Prem which, according to you, is a reasonable return! 

But the away game vers Blackburn he missed about 6 1 on 1's.

Sat in a pub in Norfolk and everyone was laughing at what a waste of money he was. I was the only city fan.

Of the options we had this time yesterday, namely an injured Broja, a shotshy Mohamed who's never played in the Premier League and Edouard, you'd absolutely have taken him. 

When you consider what we were going for, this is a better option than expected. 

Edouard admittedly seems to have lost his way at palace in recent times, but as it has been said he was excellent at Celtic. Brendan wanted to bring him here and we opted for Patson instead. He has ability, he’s proven that already there is a quality player there. Technically he’s excellent and whereas he may lack a bit of work rate, he appears to have a personality that Cooper will get the best out of. 

This is one of those that can go either way, and one thing I’ll credit Cooper for, he seems fairly good at getting the best out of certain players and I’ve got a good feeling about this one. He should settle fairly quickly as he has Ayew here, and it’s a new chance for him to get his career back on track. 

Im all for it, much better signing than we anticipated in my opinion. 

This team is capable of staying up. 

• Like 2