Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Odsonne Edouard joins on loan - Official

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

What an unusual thing to notice.

Other pointless observations: Technically we've signed just two British players (out of 9), one of them being a youngster. Plenty of coloured players in the squad as well. I count 17 different (primary) nationalities as well in the first squad.

Brave striker ,not afraid to put himself at risk...i think thats a good thing as at times we are lightweight and lacking in strength up front ( Harland anyone?)just a shame Marc Albrighton isnt around to provide for him..think they would have suited each others style of play

• Like 1

I’ve had a look and it appears that Soumare and edouard were in the French youth teams at the same time. I really wouldn’t be surprised if cooper has seen something in Soumare, but recognises that he has struggled to settle. This could have been a factor in why we have brought in edouard, to not only give us a striker we needed, but also to help Soumare.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

lol I'm happier with this transfer than some of the other names we were linked with (Broja and the tree necked bigot) but there's a lot of players in between Edouard and Oshimen (e.g. Fotis, who would have been a better use of funds than Skipp and Ayew)

How do you know he would have wanted to come to us?

46 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Can you believe Newcastle offered £35m for Anthony Elanga!

Tbf when you see his numbers last season and the potential he has to get more, quite an underrated player and that's penny's these days for a player like that plus they sold minteh to Brighton for £30m 

Screenshot_20240831_104851_DuckDuckGo.jpg

26 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

What age do you have to stop listening to new music then? 

If you were 30 you'd be knocking on 70. 

I’m not taking a dig at anyone. It’s not worth doing this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It really isn’t. Beckford cost £4m and at the time was our most high profile (and possibly most expensive) signing since probably Akinbyi.

This time fans are just relieved we’ve got someone in who can do a job in the Prem for that position and who is under 30!

I’ve watched him a bit closer than most as when we got him rather than Daka, I wondered if we’d made a mistake. That’s despite the fact that success in Scotland on the pitch hasn’t ever translated well for us, see another top scorer up there in Mark De Vries.

To be honest think there’s not a lot of difference between him and Daka but at least we’ve someone for that position and who we hope has something to prove and whose confidence didn’t look completely shot like Daka’s last season.

SoAiR.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

How do you know he would have wanted to come to us?

well obviously we don't know, but that is a pretty pointless attempt at a rebuttal, like do you genuinely believe there's not a single striker besides Edouard that would want to come here?

19 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I’m not taking a dig at anyone. It’s not worth doing this. 

👍

I am looking forward to the oasis gigs mind, not sure what will be more hilarious, 50 somethings bouncing along in bucket hats and cagouls or hoards of 17 year olds lol 

In fact the 17 year olds might be an uncomfortable flash back to  my youth. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I’ve had a look and it appears that Soumare and edouard were in the French youth teams at the same time. I really wouldn’t be surprised if cooper has seen something in Soumare, but recognises that he has struggled to settle. This could have been a factor in why we have brought in edouard, to not only give us a striker we needed, but also to help Soumare.

Was this conspiracy on Ancient Aliens on Blaze last night? I don’t think it’s that deep and Cooper that smart. We needed a striker, we are not that attractive this season so have to get a striker who is in the same boat.  Soumare is not that good at his job. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

👍

I am looking forward to the oasis gigs mind, not sure what will be more hilarious, 50 somethings bouncing along in bucket hats and cagouls or hoards of 17 year olds lol 

In fact the 17 year olds might be an uncomfortable flash back to  my youth. 

He’s old enough now to learn how it’s really done! lol Well done getting tickets!

https://topbinstalk.com/2021/06/09/leicesters-search-for-a-new-striker-four-possible-options-using-data-and-video-scouting/

Good write up in part by Dominic Wells a data analyst and City fan. Two years old but essentially talking about a Vardy replacement. It looks at Daka and Edouard, now all three play together. He isn’t the killer player perhaps but he has something in there regardless of his output at Palace that may be able to help us, this isn’t a bad signing and I assume this deal itself could only be done this late and we’ve probably got lucky in pulling it off. 

Given where we are I think it’s a cracking signing. Good age, getting on for 100 prem games, pre-Palace shows he can be a goal scorer, 6’2” which is a new option for us. Hope is he’s just lost his way a bit at Palace and a move and confidence boost will reinvigorate him.

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s old enough now to learn how it’s really done! lol Well done getting tickets!

lol

Oh I’ve not got tickets, i failed at the first attempt, but I’m an optimist and there’s nearly a year left yet to get some. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

Other pointless observations: Technically we've signed just two British players (out of 9), one of them being a youngster. Plenty of coloured players in the squad as well. I count 17 different (primary) nationalities as well in the first squad.

I don't think you can say that anymore mate, actually maybe not for the last 20 years or so

• Like 2