Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Odsonne Edouard joins on loan - Official

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

I don't think you can say that anymore mate, actually maybe not for the last 20 years or so

I'll gladly stand corrected, apologies if it offended anyone. I was really just trying to point out that our squad is multicultural and has a dash of the entire world in it.

• Like 1

Interesting mix of views on the Palace message board.  A fair percentage just glad to see the back of him basically saying he's been poor for them but a significant minority think he might do ok for us and that he's never been given a proper run of matches.

Consensus that he's not got much pace and doesn't win that much in the air though.

Does feel a bit like when you go to the supermarket and the area with yellow stickered price cuts and there's only the ham and pineapple pizza left.

Hope he does well for us but I'm not sure he's going to score that many goals. Be good if he could get half a dozen based on his time at Palace.

Edited by reynard

On 31/08/2024 at 17:18, HybridFox said:

Would have been a good option to bring on in those situations towards the end. A target man to make himself a nuisance and force a chance

If as is said he doesn't win much in the air, that can be quite a handicap for a target man 😂

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace fans accusing him of being extremely lazy, never presses and doesn't show any physicality in the air.

Have they been watching Kelechi Iheanacho? :D

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If as is said he doesn't win much in the air, that can be quite a handicap for a target man 😂

Many people think of a target man as someone who is just good in the air. I see it as someone we can play with in, who holds the ball and brings others into play.

Vardy has been great for us, but his link-up play has been terrible for the first three games, meaning we struggle to get out and build attacks. As long as Edouard can hold the ball, I think it will help. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace fans accusing him of being extremely lazy, never presses and doesn't show any physicality in the air.

It sounds like Nacho, it will be interesting to see how he does. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Many people think of a target man as someone who is just good in the air. I see it as someone we can play with in, who holds the ball and brings others into play.

Vardy has been great for us, but his link-up play has been terrible for the first three games, meaning we struggle to get out and build attacks. As long as Edouard can hold the ball, I think it will help. 

It sounds like Nacho, it will be interesting to see how he does. 

He does sound a lot like Nacho and from the limited amount of times I have seen him he does have some similar traits. He definitely knows how to tuck them away like Kel could. I don’t think either are lazy he is just has that calm demeanour and stance. In fact I would say it helps to be calm when you are trying to do the most difficult thing on the pitch that is score goals. I hope he does very well and has a good time here. 

I don’t think Vardy has been that bad so far. . It’s still early season and there is a bit of rust there in his touch and link up play. . He still give it everything and makes good runs. Oh and he is good in the air. 

6 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Looking at the videos of him, we need to be able to find him in the box time after time after time, and therefore we need creativity in the team.

When he's on the pitch, Fatawu, Mavididi and Buonanotte/El Khannouss also need to be on the pitch, or he's just not going have a sniff.

If we can get the ball to him in the right positions, we may have a renaissance on our hands here.

True. Look at the bucket load of goals he scored with the likes of Olise, Eze and Zaha supplying him lol

I jest, because I do agree with you 

• Like 1