Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

HAPPY

5 minutes ago, em9999 said:

If you defend anything the club does you get called Jon ..

It's all very silly and petty 

Was tempted to say it 🤣

On serious note though. Pretty good window. We could've gone out and got 15 freebies in for the sake of it and got ourselves in more of a mess

Looks like the club are learning(apart from janniks 3 Yr contract) from their mistakes and I think there will be a couple more years of these windows, most likely yoyoing between epl and championship until we get ourselves rebalanced 

It's one of those, it's as good as it could be because of what's happened in previous years .. but we're here now with a newish squad 

Difficult window really, when you consider the wages we have taken off the books in the summer and the KDH fee, we haven’t spent a huge amount and the players we have brought in haven’t been too much of a gamble. 
Not sure on the Okoli signing but Skipp is a player we can likely get our money back on if we go down, and has the scope to be sold for profit in future if we do well. Edouard, Ayew and BDCR are all cheap hits but obviously wages of the latter 2 are unknown as this stage, some good loans out for our younger players. Buoanotte looks a really good young player who will give us a bit of spark going forward from the bench, Fatawu will profit for us in future, khannouss is very highly regarded from what I’ve seen and has scope for profit if he has a good season.

For a net spend of about £50m I think we’ve done okay. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A transfer window without a Scandinavian is a shit transfer window in my view. 

We got VK back from a loan, and then didn’t sell him. That’s 2 Scandinavian signings in rudkins book.

39 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I think this is a really good transfer  window for us. A blend of young and experienced players and I'm excited about it.  

Seems there aren't many of us fans who think this way. The amount of whingging on here is pretty disappointing. With a point deduction hanging over our head and to avoid further sanctions and a chance that we could end up being relegated, the club has to be careful not to commit to much to transfer fees and wages.  Survival is the goal not make Europe. 

22 minutes ago, Royston. said:

crap window. I'm excited about Khannouss but the rest are uninspiring and we still have Soumare and Ward stinking up the place and theyve even got into the team!!

I suspect Soumare will go far far away when the loan window opens.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think all considered we have done OK.

this!

We have to take our position and situation into account.... The signings/loans all appear to be positive steps that might just help us avoid relegation.