Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

HAPPY

I think it’s been a very lazy window. Makes me laugh on here people skating Ipswich’s window I think they have signed some quality young hungry players with something to prove! We have raided palaces bins. Players looking to pick a wage up have absolutely nothing to prove strap yourselves in it’s going to be a frisky very quick ride back to the championship 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BayAreaFoxes said:

im also quite optimistic about this window, I think we did some good business. But ffs I can't believe ole Danny Ward is still here. I'm gonna open the good bottle of tequila when he finally departs

Nowhere else is stupid enough to take him - even on loan.

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Nowhere else is stupid enough to take him - even on loan.

Assuming we don’t offering him a new deal (:nono:), I’m intrigued to see where he will end up next year. 

Who would want a player who is so bad at their trade but also who has shown no desire to go and play and get their career back on track!

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If your boyhood dream as a Leicester fan was to finally be as good as Crystal Palace reserves then yeah, I'd be happy with this transfer window.

I’m sorry pal, but a club like ours can’t always be winning the league or challenging for the top 4. 
You are only a bad couple of transfer windows away from being in trouble. We had that, but we recovered and now we can rebuild again. This transfer window is another step in the right direction for me. 
In 5 years time it might be us in the top half of the table again and clubs like Brighton or Palace fighting relegation. Things can change quickly in football. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

I think it’s been a very lazy window. Makes me laugh on here people skating Ipswich’s window I think they have signed some quality young hungry players with something to prove! We have raided palaces bins. Players looking to pick a wage up have absolutely nothing to prove strap yourselves in it’s going to be a frisky very quick ride back to the championship 

I think the older players we have brought in will want to prove to their old clubs (or current ones) that they shouldn't have been sold or loaned out. Only time will tell but I think they will do alright, at least they should be given a chance before we right them off. 

Not overly impressed but more positive than most.

We've signed numerous players who have come in with alot of hype in the past and they've often flopped, or outright failed.

I'm more comfortable with the business we've done whereby people are underwhelmed, our history tells us with underwhelming, written off, misfit type player/signings don't do too bad.

Coincidence rather than a rule of thumb, i'm sure, that along with when a player comes in hyped up there is an air of expectation and excitement, whilst an underwhelming signing who many have written off can only surprise.

Also, people have to realise where we are now in the food chain. The damage that was done 3 years and still continues to be done.

The amount of snobbery and disbelief we're signing Palace, Fulham or Brighton players....all those quotes from 3 years ago, calling people "Entitled", "Be careful what you wish for", "We were in League One"...We're now seeing who are truly entitled, can't have it both ways.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What loan window?

turkeys transfer business is open till mid September 

Saudi till Monday 

thats it 

Could see Soumare heading to Turkey, in fact weren't a Turkish club linked earlier in the window?

With us paying part of his salary, of course.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Completely disagree. 

They’ve signed a lot of players but they’re mostly championship quality. I would say Ipswich has taken a massive risk with their signings. 

We’ve had a good window. People at the moment want to moan for the sake of moaning…. The club can do nothing weight in some people eyes at the moment. But, this window hasn’t been bad at all.

This team is better than Ipswich’s….. 

The two big factors are is Cooper good enough to get the team going.

And how will we deal with the points deduction. 

I’m happy with where the teams at, we’ve no choice but to try and get a few savvy deals and we’ve done that. The only question mark is Skipp for £20m+….. 

This season is all about survival, this team is capable of a 17th place finish, that’s all we need. 

Great post.   Cooper has a squad capable of surviving, he can have no excuses.  

I think Skipp will be seen as a very decent bit of business by the end of the season.  

20 minutes ago, Bergen fox said:

I would say Ipswich have had a better window than us. 

We missed out on a player because he 'only wanted Roma' they missed out on a player because he only wanted Fulham.

A mixed bag of a window for me.

We've done some bizarre stuff like okoli and Ayew. 

Over spent in areas we didn't desperately need which lead to us having to cheap out in priority areas.

Failed again to move the dead wood out.

But signed some nice young exciting talent in BEK and Skipp.

Given ourselves some squad depth, and most importantly for me we have given ourselves a fighting chance. It's up to cooper now to put it all together and find a way to win, I believe the squad is capable of staying up (minus ridiculous psr deductions)

Oh and another positive got lots of young talent out on loan!

Edited by Iwebema

6 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Could see Soumare heading to Turkey, in fact weren't a Turkish club linked earlier in the window?

With us paying part of his salary, of course.  

Hopefully but that still means in a years time we have a player who doesn’t want to be here on 80k/week with one year left on his contract. 
the most we will get from Turkey is 40k/week 

that leaves us paying 2m this season on his wages  plus 3.5m amortised value.  So he’s not here and he’s costing us 5.5m on psr. That the psr equivalent of a player just signed for 12m on 60k per week.   

id be pretty sure that we turned down a better scenario than this from France or Italy in the last couple months.  

• Sad 2

It’s a window where we’ve very much been the least desirable option in the Premier for any player looking at their options.

Do we have a squad that’s better than three other teams? Honestly, probably not.

But we’ve brought in bits that were needed, presumably while staying in line with FFP, which we had far less wiggle room in compared to the likes of Ipswich whose income has suddenly grown a lot compared to what they had before.

All that matters is staying up which would allow us to build next season.

Time will tell, however everyone was happy with Souttar, Tete and Kristensen. That window was crap.

People were uninspired with Albrighton, Fuchs, Kante and Dyer. That went well.

• Like 1

Not a bad window considering our position financially don’t mind the Edouard signing at all gives us something different didn’t set the world on fire at palace but was good at Celtic so hopefully a change of team helps him.

would have liked a LB in as well 

The best thing about this window is securing loans for some of our best academy players. This has to be the direction of travel, and will allow us to retain our best talent and compete financially longer term. 

• Like 2

Jury is out with BEK but I like the look of him. Edouard and Buonanotte, fine. Abdul doesn’t count. The rest of our business is shit.

£8m for uncle Ayew, £25m for Matty James, 31 year old Reid on a 3 year deal.

Terrible job of shifting deadwood as always.

• Like 2

It sounds obvious but I think the only way we can judge it is at the end of the season.

This is window where we’ve signed players to try and stay in the league. These signings won’t help us that much in the championship and there’s not much sell on value in most of them. If we go down I’d say it’s a pretty disastrous one, with the only benefit being we’ve loaned a few young players out who would be ready to come into our starting 11 in the division below. 

The different approach would have been to invest heavily in young and undervalued players from across Europe, who would be happy to take a season in the championship next year to be better placed if we go up again.

And I think I prefer the one step back for two steps forward approach as it seems inevitable to me that we will go down. Whilst prioritising premier league players I’m not really sure we’ve improved last years starting 11 at all, and I think it’s got worse with the loss of KDH and the exclusion of Ricky. BDCR, Ayew and Edouard are all not bad players but none of them are game changes and none of them are consistent in their output.

This seasons going to be a real grind. I think Ipswich have gone with the second approach of building a team they think will be successful next year, and accumulating some sellable talent whilst having a couple of prem loans too, but I don’t think there’s enough quality there to see them stay up and I think we’ll finish above them. Southampton have gone with the first approach of signing premier league players to try and stay in the league, and they’ve invested wisely so that they’d probably make some good money on their sales if they go down to allow them to rebuild again. But Brussel will get them relegated much like Kompany last year and I think we’ll finish above them too. 

So that leaves us, Everton, Brentford, Forrest and Wolves imo as the most likey to go down and we are clearly the worst of those. However, I think there’s still a chance we can do it, we need a really solid home

form and we need lots of players to chip in with goals as we don’t have anyone of quality to consistently score. But I am ready to be let down again - up the foxes! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayAreaFoxes said:

im also quite optimistic about this window, I think we did some good business. But ffs I can't believe ole Danny Ward is still here. I'm gonna open the good bottle of tequila when he finally departs

No club is draft enough to buy him