Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

HAPPY

I feel like we've had an ok window in the end. Far from perfect and not overly exciting but we've plugged holes and haven't tied ourselves down long term with any crazy wages so hopefully finances can start to look a little healthier again.

I feel like we can be better than Everton, Ipswich, and Southampton with what we have, but safety will depend on the deduction.

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Most of whom are for depth. We've signed Abdul Fatawu, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Michael Golding, Caleb Okoli, Oliver Skipp, Jordan Ayew, Bilal El-Khannous and Odsonne Edouard and most are saying our window has been quite low key.

Jesus christ, when you list them like that. 

Where did the waiter go with the salty sorbet? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Considering it’s obvious we’ve missed out on several targets it hasn’t been too bad. Time will tell though as always with transfer windows 

Disappointed that we couldn't get a left-back or a striker who was further up our list, but I would say that we have more than replaced KDH and now have a better side than we came up with.

• Like 2

I'd rate our window a 4/10, with potential of 6/10 depending on how big an impact the young players can make.

BDCR, Ayew and Skipp are underwhelming signings. The latter two were overpriced.

Buonanotte looks promising, but being a loan takes the gloss off.

El Khannouss, Okoli have some potential, but if Okoli doesn't get a look-in, then I wonder what the point of him is at that price.

Edouard is OK.

Not shifting Ward, Iversen, Soumare or Souttar (permanently) is poor, while understandably losing KDH is just a bad thing.

Iheanacho, Albrighton and Praet have left on frees and not been upgraded.

Some OK outgoing loans, which hopefully will translate into higher value to us next season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus christ, when you list them like that. 

Where did the waiter go with the salty sorbet? 

I know this forum has a tendency to overestimate Forest and underestimate us, but listing seven or eight squad players and a couple of first-teamers they've signed just sounds as disingenuous as listing our signings in the same way. They'll be in the bottom six with us. 

9 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Most of whom are for depth. We've signed Abdul Fatawu, Bobby Decordova-Reid, Michael Golding, Caleb Okoli, Oliver Skipp, Jordan Ayew, Bilal El-Khannous and Odsonne Edouard and most are saying our window has been quite low key.

You missed out Bueno, who's literally been our best signing so far! 

Just now, SecretPro said:

You missed out Bueno, who's literally been our best signing so far! 

I did!

It's difficult to argue that our side isn't better than the one we came up with really. The back four is the one remaining concern until Okoli shows his potential and Ricardo gets a run.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

If your boyhood dream as a Leicester fan was to finally be as good as Crystal Palace reserves then yeah, I'd be happy with this transfer window.

We’d all just love to stay up.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

We’d all just love to stay up.

Palace have replaced Edouard with a player who has an inferior goals-per-game record despite playing with far superior teammates. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I think this is a really good transfer  window for us. A blend of young and experienced players and I'm excited about it.  

Yep best window I can remember and not one I was expecting with or financial constraints.

Two strikers in Ayew and Edouard probably aren't going to set the world a light but solid signings for our end of the table and less than 6 million on fees between them.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Let's just hope El Khannous turns out to be extremely good is all I can say really.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

In the same way signing half of a back 4 we beat 9-0 turned out to be a bad idea, signing half of an attack that's struggled for goals for years could go the same way tbh.

:dunno:

For a skint club I don't think a bad transfer window. Some useful additions, and loans both in and out. We are still stuck with a few duds, and lack definite goal scorers at this level.

It will be a struggle to stay up with a points deduction but worth noting that both Forest and Everton survived with a points deduction last season. I am not convinced that we are any worse than the other bottom half teams.

I am a bit unimpressed with Cooper so far, and have ridden our luck a bit against Spurs and Fulham but I think we have a fighting chance.

It's the hope that kills, but I will be there at 3 O'clock anyway.

I’d analyse the window, by asking the question ‘have we strengthened, got weaker or maintained the status quo?’

Okoli > Callum Doyle.

Skipp > Dennis Praet.

Fatawu > (ageing) Albrighton.

Goodnight > Akgun.

El Khannouss vs KDH - undecided (diff types of player).

Edouard = Iheanacho

So on balance, I’d say we’ve strengthened. The jury is obviously still out on the newbies, but overall I’m optimistic. We’ll go down due to PSR, not our recruitment efforts (also affected massively by PSR).

• Like 1

If we are comparing to Forest, the windows are not significantly different. Anderson is overpriced just like Skipp. Apart from Morata who comes with an appealing profile and Ward Prowse who is a good steady signing, they’ve not made any significant transfers compared to other clubs. 

Sosa is a risk, just like Bilal. 

it’s not anything to write home about.

but ours is underwhelming and I can’t understand how that can be argued.

I think you have to break down the window into too parts.

BCDR, Ayew and Edouard are short term now signings.

Michael Golding, Caleb Okoli, and Bilal El-Khannous long term Investments 

Fatawu, Skipp are a bit of both.

I think it's a solid window considering some of the constraints we very under.

Think the number of loan out are a massive positive.

Lack of hacking deadwood a negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think it’s unambitious, unimaginative, lazy, half hearted, basic, and joyless.

It’s a perfect representation of our board that lacks talent, direction, leadership, and ambition. 

We also lack money, particularly if wanting to avoid further financial penalties.

It's difficult to recruit to a team favourite to go down due to points deduction. 

It's a bit Starmer like, boring and cautious, but with a season goal of 17th place not a bad window.

Just now, foxinsox said:

We also lack money, particularly if wanting to avoid further financial penalties.

It's difficult to recruit to a team favourite to go down due to points deduction. 

It's a bit Starmer like, boring and cautious, but with a season goal of 17th place not a bad window.

Yeah agreed… The Starmer analogy is bang on

If it was a transfer window of a few years ago it would be a 3 or 4/10.

Given our financial predicament it’s probably a 7/10. It might have been more, but we clearly couldn’t land our first choice targets. 

I doubt we’ve got enough quality to stay up with a points deduction, but that’s not a criticism of this transfer window. It’s more an indictment of the financial mismanagement that preceded it. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I feel like we've had an ok window in the end. Far from perfect and not overly exciting but we've plugged holes and haven't tied ourselves down long term with any crazy wages so hopefully finances can start to look a little healthier again.

I feel like we can be better than Everton, Ipswich, and Southampton with what we have, but safety will depend on the deduction.

Yeah, but he won't play our best players..

And worse still, he's actually insistent on playing some of the worst. Not just our worst, like Luke Thomas or Bdcr. Not even the worst in the PL,.like Soumare. But amongst the worst in the world. Ward.