Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Leicester v Villa Match Thread 31/8/2024

Could have cried looking at that line up. After a reasonably positive end to the window, that line up is doggo.

Riccy is our best player, not a Vesty fan but Okoli is NOT a footballer. All that creative talent on the bench for 3 CDMs. The gap between midfield and attack will be about 40 yards. We will create absolutely nothing down the left either... terrible terrible line up

That being said, I thought we'd lose 4-1 anyway, but I'm going for 5-0 Villa today, Watkins hattrick 

• Like 3

Not the team I would pick… but keep it tight until 60mins and then go for it.

Hermansen 

Justin - Faes - Okoli - Kristiansen 

Skipp - Winks

Fatawu - Buonanotte - El Khannous

Mavididi

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The problem with playing such a defensive team, and this happened loads with Rodgers, is it just tells the squad straight away that you don't have confidence in them to win the game. 

Especially a team that spent last year playing progressive, dominant football. 

Just shit for confidence. 

I'm not asking him to be unrealistic but this isn't pragmatism, it's cowardice. 

Sorry, is it not possible to win the game with this team? 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The problem with playing such a defensive team, and this happened loads with Rodgers, is it just tells the squad straight away that you don't have confidence in them to win the game. 

Especially a team that spent last year playing progressive, dominant football. 

Just shit for confidence. 

I'm not asking him to be unrealistic but this isn't pragmatism, it's cowardice. 

The correct word. Cowardice. He is going up against one of the most respected tacticians in the league and given up. At home. I grew very tired of Rodgers but got pissed off with his choices like Amartey over Soyuncu but the last time I use to get this pissed off over the entire line up, I can’t remember. Even Puel’s double pivot didn’t do this to me. 

Even if he shithouses a result today, and know it alls all use their favourite word entitlement,  this ain’t a plan, it’s a hit and hope. And when you hit and hope, it unravels very quickly. 

Also, Riccy is the best captain this club has had in recent years, get him on side Cooper, leading and you won’t have to worry about the dressing room. 

****ing hell.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Not the team I would pick… but keep it tight until 60mins and then go for it.

Hermansen 

Justin - Faes - Okoli - Kristiansen 

Skipp - Winks

Fatawu - Buonanotte - El Khannous

Mavididi

That your team after 60mins you mean?

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The correct word. Cowardice. He is going up against one of the most respected tacticians in the league and given up. At home. I grew very tired of Rodgers but got pissed off with his choices like Amartey over Soyuncu but the last time I use to get this pissed off over the entire line up, I can’t remember. Even Puel’s double pivot didn’t do this to me. 

Even if he shithouses a result today, and know it alls all use their favourite word entitlement,  this ain’t a plan, it’s a hit and hope. And when you hit and hope, it unravels very quickly. 

Also, Riccy is the best captain this club has had in recent years, get him on side Cooper, leading and you won’t have to worry about the dressing room. 

****ing hell.

Decent enough squad now to actually have a go in games. We are always going to concede with the centre backs we have, but we have players to create and score and he isn't using them in a home game from the start.

People may say its overkill to suggest it so early on, but I wouldn't be against killing this negativity off after this game by binning Cooper off and bringing in someone that will have a go as it's 2 weeks before the next game. Fulham away was too negative.. yes Villa are great now but this is pathetic... if we win I'm going in to hiding 

• Like 1