Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Leicester v Villa Match Thread 31/8/2024

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Cooper’s being very naive with Ricardo.

There will always be players within a squad that have dialogue further up the chain than the manager.

Vardy will certainly be one; but Ricardo is clearly another - so if you drop him, you have to make sure whatever you do in his place works. 

Add to this that he’ll also be a highly respected figure within the squad - Cooper seems to be picking a fight that he stands to gain very little from.

Should we read more into the fact Top was present at training this week? 

It might not be unusual in itself, but he is a new dad of twins - so whilst some might argue he would be happy with an excuse to get away on business for a bit - I’m not so sure watching us train would have been a high priority for me.

I wondered this. As much flack as he gets on here, Top does seem to be genuinely liked and respected on a personal level by the players, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's in touch with senior squad members who are telling him that all is not well and he may be wanting to see it for himself. 

Now Cooper has had backing in the form of Skipp and BEK in particular, his excuses may soon disappear.

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

I can understand the lineup BESIDES THE RICARDO DECISION. FFS

It's because JJ tucks in to be a 3rd CB when VK goes high and so presumably he favours JJ doing that over Riccy.

Though I'd prefer Ricardo doing what he did last season and inverting to the mid. But y'know, Cooperball.

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Wasn't it reported Top wanted us to play like Man City? lolllllllllllllllllllllll

Yes but presumably he didn't say from what era. 1970S? or 80S

Edited by reynard

Near zero creativity in that team, but hopefully an old school kick and run counter attack style could still work with enough pace upfront...

Soumare over Hamza on the bench (along with no Alves) is a violation though.

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Well, it's got to come to an end eventually.....

20240831_145135.jpg

The last bit is quite stark.  Especially as, i think, any fewer than 11 or 12 points from our first 9 matches will see us with a mountain to climb, especially given the opponents in quite a few of those matches.

4 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Undercover Forest agent Cooper doing his best to get us relegated to Div 1 with sh1te signings and crap ream selections

Forest fans complaints were literally the same thing. Too negative.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

Ayew and Vardy. Mistake. Need width on both sides of the pitch to stretch the game. Vardy is a sub this season at best. 

And you know better than the manger how to play?

Just now, Lionator said:

Forest fans complaints were literally the same thing. Too negative.

Seen a lot of them say he tried to play attractive flowing football for about 10 games and then dropped that idea for dull pragmatic nick the points type stuff.  Hopefully we're a reverse of that, but it just looks like he's decided not to repeat those first ten games.