Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Leicester v Villa Match Thread 31/8/2024

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Behave, a significant points deduction is what will see us relegated, not singing kumbayah in some prayer circle.

there's a lot of dross in this division, hitting 40 points on the pitch will likely see us stay up regardless of points deduction but we're getting nowhere near that under the BTEC Allardyce 

• Like 2

Just now, Fox85 said:

He has had 8 games not 2 and a half.

A manager that has a full pre season with a team is more vital than a manager coming in half way through a season.

A manager getting a full pre season with his new squad should show some improvement not a decline on every stat going.

It's absolutely dreadful what we are all seeing the team doesn't even look the slightest together. Clueless.

Honestly I hope he proves me wrong but so far we look so much worse this season I mean as a team not against competition.

This is not a serious comment if you are including friendly games when a new manager is arriving. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought that was Ayew’s job, but he has drilled too often to the left because Kristiansen has been quite ineffective there.

Maybe but he's out on the left so that's then creating another problem.

I guess I meant, get a number 10 on!

Just now, The Doctor said:

there's a lot of dross in this division, hitting 40 points on the pitch will likely see us stay up regardless of points deduction but we're getting nowhere near that under the BTEC Allardyce 

So the second the season kicks off we are as good as we are ever going to be? Even before the window has closed?

Come on this is turning into morons with pitchforks.

Lets see how he goes after 5 more games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So the second the season kicks off we are as good as we are ever going to be? Even before the window has closed?

Come on this is turning into morons with pitchforks.

Lets see how he goes after 5 more games.

he can't coach for shit, that's already well known. he was absolutely shit at Forest, us being a basket case, the sort of luck you can only get by huffing leprechaun farts as part of a pre match routine and their home atmosphere kept them up more than anything he did. with him in charge we will only ever get worse, that's obvious to everyone

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is not a serious comment if you are including friendly games when a new manager is arriving. 

What is the point in friendly games if not to get the players up to speed with the approach you're trying to implement?

If the approach is to win the ball back well and then look clueless with what to do with it, preseason was a success.

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

he can't coach for shit, that's already well known. he was absolutely shit at Forest, us being a basket case, the sort of luck you can only get by huffing leprechaun farts as part of a pre match routine and their home atmosphere kept them up more than anything he did. with him in charge we will only ever get worse, that's obvious to everyoneml

Let me ask one question - did you want Enzo gone?

1 minute ago, benpicko said:

Our worst passer being played as essentially an attacking midfielder when we've got two actual attacking midfielders on the bench (including one of our best players so far this season) is criminal 

This is why so many fans can’t get on board with him. No point giving him 10-15 games his team selection from the get go has been hideous 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, benpicko said:

Our worst passer being played as essentially an attacking midfielder when we've got two actual attacking midfielders on the bench (including one of our best players so far this season) is criminal 

I don’t have a massive problem with us playing defensively from the start against teams far superior to us providing we are doing so to stay in the game and have a go last 20 mins or so to try and nick it 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, benpicko said:

Just another reason to get rid of pragmatic Steve I say 

Just now, Md9 said:

Honestly  don’t why wilf plays so far forward it’s crazy. And it’s 2 managers that have done it 

To be fair I got why Enzo did it. He needed runners getting forward and he had KDH as a creative outlet next door. In this system, it is a complete waste. 

Just now, Md9 said:

Honestly  don’t why wilf plays so far forward it’s crazy. And it’s 2 managers that have done it 

Because he’s a massive pain off the ball, but I don’t think he’s worth it given the compromise when he’s on the ball… 

• Like 1

I don't think it needs 10 - 15 games for Cooper. I think you give him to Bournemouth. We'll have Palace, Everton and Bournemouth along with Arsenal.  Need a good set of results from that taking points from our relegation rivals because you've then got an international break and a run of what should be winnable games in Saints, Forest and Ipswich.

For me this is an audition to see if he merits sticking with through those games.

• Like 1