Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Leicester v Villa Match Thread 31/8/2024

Disappointed with the loss. A draw would have been fair in the end. Villa started well and they deserved to go in front, but we deserved something in the end. 

But good signs in the end.

Our new 11 looks good. Mav was great.

Buonanotte was good but then had a few crazy shots.

Ok. Let’s get behind the team and hope they get better.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

Just now, the draper said:

We keep batlting like this and we give ourselves a chance 

We have to be more positive from the start, especially at home. 

Villa are a good outfit, we know that. But the way we started was absolutely abhorrent. 

Mavididi has to play, in place of Abdul for me at the moment. As do Buonanotte and/or El Khannous in place of Ndidi at the KP. 

Okoli very good today. Mads made some cracking saves, Mavididi and El Khannous good when they came on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Thanks folks. I think Cooper set up poorly, but don't think the players deserve booing at this stage of the season. The ref, however...

I would expect the boos were for cooper! And fully deserved. He is costing us points. We have a squad that can stay in this league. Cowardly, negative cooper is the weak link IMO. 

Just now, CaliFOXnia said:

We have to be more positive from the start, especially at home. 

Villa are a good outfit, we know that. But the way we started was absolutely abhorrent. 

Mavididi has to play, in place of Abdul for me at the moment. As do Buonanotte and/or El Khannous in place of Ndidi at the KP. 

Okoli very good today. Mads made some cracking saves, Mavididi and El Khannous good when they came on. 

Agree 

But we need to keep behind the manager and team 

• Like 2

Just now, DezFox said:

I would expect the boos were for cooper! And fully deserved. He is costing us points. We have a squad that can stay in this league. Cowardly, negative cooper is the weak link IMO. 

He is keeping us in the games 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think the new signings largely did well.  Ayew was one of our better players, but I think he needs to sit out and start Mav.  Jordan can come on and be an outball and help defend a (dare I say it?) lead.  Okoli played well at the back. A few moments where it wasn't quite right but decent overall.  Buo scored, Bilal looked good.  Skipp played well enough too, but we can't have such an unimaginative midfield.  Wilf should be the bench option for injuries.

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

Team yeah not sure about the manager

But you are a a bit of a numpty at times 

Turning against him certainly won't help 

He needs time to figure the squad out 

I'll judge him in Nov not in August 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Like it’s a cup competition. It isn’t. We need 40 plus points 

Mate we need 50 

We are not getting that with Pep in charge 

So what's important at this stage of season  is we don't look like Everton 

We are 15th I'll take that end of season 

Cooper probably made a mistake with his starting line-up, and maybe should have made changes at HT. But I reckon he's honest enough to recognise that as opposed to BR. Some promising performances and now maybe some time to bed in the newcomers. Come on Leicester!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, the draper said:

Mate we need 50 

We are not getting that with Pep in charge 

So what's important at this stage of season  is we don't look like Everton 

We are 15th I'll take that end of season 

I don’t see tactics being employed by Cooper getting 13 to 15 plus wins required for that sort of points tally. 

• Like 1

Actually the worst ref we've had down here in multiple years. Zero control of the game, cards for dinner and baffling refusal to consult his fourth official/VAR.

Think we played well regardless of the result - Ayew was everywhere.

3 hours ago, FOXSE said:

It's interesting. Everyone loves Pearson but our season back in the Premier league had some unbelievably negative line ups!

Very true, and interestingly his mantra was very much that we had to stay in games, which is much the same as Cooper.  It was only when it was shite or bust time in those last 9 games, that he changed the system  and let them off the leash, and went for it, which resulted in us winning 7 of the last 9.

Wrong team started. It’s starting to really irk me that he’s not play Ricardo. Our full backs are our weakest link at the minute. Was nice to see them all up for it and working their socks off. 

Okoli was impressive, as was Skipp. A win isn’t far away if Cooper can start getting the selection right. Also not helped today by David Coote, who was absolutely abysmal. 

Nothing to be ashamed of to be fair.

Huffed and puffed and had some decent spells. On another day we could have drew but losing 1-2 isnt that bad to Villa.

Need  abit more upfront, Ayew looked decent to be fair, let's just hope the lads realise what this league is about and crack on