Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Leicester v Villa Match Thread 31/8/2024

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Behave, a significant points deduction is what will see us relegated, not singing kumbayah in some prayer circle.

Do you genuinely think this side hits anything like 40pts? I think even without the points deduction I'd back us to go straight down. 

I can see why he's going for this midfield against a champions league team, and I don't think he'll play them all against weaker teams. But I think at home we need to be more adventurous against all but the very best. Skipp and Winks are doing pretty much the same job (Skipp better than Winks in that first half)

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Other than the awful goal, and that Okoli should have done better with the chance, Clinton Morisson (I know....) on Sky suggested we've been ok? 

Once I knew he was covering our game on SSN, I knew we would be up against it. Bit of a jinx.

Just now, indierich06 said:

Do you genuinely think this side hits anything like 40pts? I think even without the points deduction I'd back us to go straight down. 

I would certainly like a larger sample size than 2 and half games  lol  As should everyone!!!

10 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Cooper needs 10-15 games before being judged. The likelihood was always we’d go down this season. 

that's leaving it far too late. you can already see that he's not good enough, waiting 10-15 games is just ensuring we've got no way of getting out of things for the performance of "giving him time" rather than admitting mistakes quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Was interested to see the reaction from those watching on a stream. At the game, it's patently obvious we need a more advanced midfielder on who can receive the ball. We've looked industrious and the players are up for it, but we didn't get into Villas box until the 40th minute. We just won't create any volume of chances with this line up.

Players like Skipp and Ayew have played well individually, but all the work is done in areas that don't hurt the opposition.

We need El Khannouss to be a star from minute one.

Yep, Cooper has to be looking at Ndidi and thinking he needs one of the two guys on the bench on in there.

Ndidi did a good job of providing a semi-aggressive press early on; but he’s not enough of an attacking threat.

As good as Facundo is technically - he feels a little light weight to me at times - so maybe he goes with the new lad? 

Another option - hook Kristiansen and Ndidi for Khannouss and Ricardo - play Fawatu left wing back, Perira right wing back, Justin makes a back three and then play Ayew and Khamnouss centrally behind Vardy - that gives you the box 4 midfield AND 3-2 rest defence without the need for any rotation and threat down both flanks.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Are we? We've just had more of the ball that's all 

we're a developing team with a ragtag bunch of players playing against a CL team, i'd say the goal we let in was a cheap goal to give away and we've put balls in their box, if it falls right we could get a goal, i thought it be worse 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No he doesn't and no we weren't. 

This attitude is what will get us relegated. 

He's not a good enough coach for this level. End of. 

Really? I'd say you're wrong on four counts.

1. The idea that a manager shouldn't have 10+ games would have deprived us of the O'Neill years, and the second Pearson reign. Not to mention Wallace and Milne.

2. Surely most expected us to go down before Maresca left? Or did I dream that? We have financial limitations, change of boss, are newly promoted and awaiting a points deductions. Surely that has relegation all over it.

3. The factors in (2), or the general mismanagement of the club over 2-3 seasons or more - or even, if you want to be harsh, the manager - are more likely to be factors in any upcoming relegation than fans wishing to be positive.

4. He kept a Forest side up that were never expected to go up, and have been chaotically run for some time. And was arguably on track to do it again. How isn't he good enough? And how can anyone reasonably come to that conclusion already, regardless of whether it ends up being right?

On the other hand, if everyone decides that the manager isn't good enough, is determined to see him gone and fails to appreciate the gravity of the mess caused by previous mismanagement, then yes, that would be seriously problematic for us.

But yes, you're right in one thing, in that it is all a bit crap! And I'm not too happy with the boss either based on our set piece defending alone, so I have some sympathy for your frustration.

• Like 1