Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Prem Officiating Abomination Journal 24/25

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Surprised with how many Coote fanboys are on here sticking up for him. He made poor game changing decisions including that free kick. He also interfered with play 3 times by letting the ball touch him. He let Digne get away with multiple fouls without booking him. He missed a penalty against Vardy. He allowed Villa to time waste throughout. He lost control of the game. He was shocking. 

Not sure there’s any ref “fanboys”!!? I think people that watched on tv will have seen replays that people at the game didn’t and are discussing what they saw. You’ll not think there was a denied penalty once you see those replays I’m sure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

So if our 1st 'goal' was ruled out because the ball hit the ref in the build up then why did he give a free kick to Leicester? Surely its a drop ball

it's an uncontested drop ball which is what he gave, we were in possession when it hit him so got the drop ball.

Just now, Bert said:

Villa fans say he was crap. Leicester fans say he was crap. Players fuming with him. Cooper raging too. But those on Foxestalk that didn’t go to the game thought he did alright. Baffling. 

He gave us a free kick because the ball hit him in the build up to our goal that wasn’t given. But when the ball hit him later on the game and Faes carried on with it he lets play go on? 

He was a shambles and anyone saying he was ok needs to shake their holier than thou attitudes, of course he was the sole reason we lost, but his poor decisions played a massive part in that. 

I couldn’t make it and watched it and he was shambolic. Mental that people are defending him. Even forgetting the decisions what is he doing blocking the ball at least 3 times and like you say giving different decisions following that. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Villa fans say he was crap. Leicester fans say he was crap. Players fuming with him. Cooper raging too. But those on Foxestalk that didn’t go to the game thought he did alright. Baffling. 

Drop ball when the ball hits him in the build up to our non goal. But when the ball hit him later on the game and Faes carried on with it he lets play go on? 

He was a shambles and anyone saying he was ok needs to shake their holier than thou attitudes, of course he was the sole reason we lost, but his poor decisions played a massive part in that. 

cool, I went and thought he did fine aside from the ball hitting him a few times which generally indicates bad positioning. he didn't get any major decisions obviously wrong, could have been a bit wiser to the tactical fouls and time wasting and cracked down on it.

that's not inconsistency, the rules on the ball hitting the ref is:

When the ball touches a match official, remains on the field of play, and one of the following occurs:

A team starts a promising attack

The ball goes directly into the goal

The team in possession of the ball changes

In these cases, play is restarted with a dropped ball. This means that the referee will stop play and drop the ball at the point where it touched the match official, allowing the team that last touched the ball to regain possession.

the first, clearance from Justin and creates a promising attack for Villa, drop ball.

the second, hits him and creates a promising attack for us, drop ball

the third, hits him, stays in possession with us, no attack on, no need for a drop ball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

cool, I went and thought he did fine aside from the ball hitting him a few times which generally indicates bad positioning. he didn't get any major decisions obviously wrong, could have been a bit wiser to the tactical fouls and time wasting and cracked down on it.

that's not inconsistency, the rules on the ball hitting the ref is:

When the ball touches a match official, remains on the field of play, and one of the following occurs:

A team starts a promising attack

The ball goes directly into the goal

The team in possession of the ball changes

In these cases, play is restarted with a dropped ball. This means that the referee will stop play and drop the ball at the point where it touched the match official, allowing the team that last touched the ball to regain possession.

the first, clearance from Justin and creates a promising attack for Villa, drop ball.

the second, hits him and creates a promising attack for us, drop ball

the third, hits him, stays in possession with us, no attack on, no need for a drop ball.

It maybe right decisions, but he shouldn't have been in the way. A professional ref shouldn't be caught like that 3 times in one game at the top level. Sunday league yes, but the pinnacle of English football, no way. It wasn't like it was a quick switch in play, all 3 shouldn't have happened. I do think neither were a penalty, though 2nd should have if Vards was inside, but he wasn't so correct decision. 

Edited by fox_favourite

8 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It maybe right decisions, but he shouldn't have been in the way. A professional ref shouldn't be caught like that 3 times in one game at the top level. Sunday league yes, but the pinnacle of English football, no way. It wasn't like it was a quick switch in play, all 3 shouldn't have happened. I do think neither were a penalty, though 2nd should have if Vards was inside, but he wasn't so correct decision. 

I mean I agree and acknowledged as much, his positioning was woeful. he also didn't have much control over the game with the time wasting, injury faking and tactical fouls. he just didn't make any major errors that changed the game and blaming him for today's result is grasping at straws

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean I agree and acknowledged as much, his positioning was woeful. he also didn't have much control over the game with the time wasting, injury faking and tactical fouls. he just didn't make any major errors that changed the game and blaming him for today's result is grasping at straws

I agree, he wasn't the reason for the final result. The starting lineup was. 

25 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Not sure there’s any ref “fanboys”!!? I think people that watched on tv will have seen replays that people at the game didn’t and are discussing what they saw. You’ll not think there was a denied penalty once you see those replays I’m sure

So the tv showed Skipp fouled and deserved to be booked? That Digne didn’t deserve to be booked for continual fouls? That the ref getting in the way of the game 3 times was good stuff? That his ignorance to the constant time wasting and tactical fouls/injuries was fine? He was very poor and I’m surprised that people on here stick up for him. He wasn’t the only factor that meant we lost - an overly defensive set up, an inability to stop Tielemans and silly mistakes cost us but the ref certainly didn’t help us at any point. 

8 minutes ago, dayday said:

There fans are saying we’re a nasty side and lots of our players feigning injury, did they actually watch the game 

As for the ref he lost the plot 

Villa fans really saying that? lmao

It was absolutely them who were putting in dirty little fouls, time wasting, and faking injuries

• Like 4

Anyone got a clip of the no-penalty decision? 

In the ground it seemed like a dead cert. Not seen replays but seems like Vardy got to the ball first, then Tielemans swings late into him and fouls him. Not sure how they then get the throw in?

Even aside from that, it appeared he lost control of the game early on. The Onana booking correct, but then he seemed to give every contact 50/50 as a foul. 

No idea how Villa get a free kick for the Skipp challenge. Firstly, Skipp gets the ball. Secondly, his gesturing made it seem like he was playing advantage. If that was the case, surely the first foul is where the kick then gets taken from as the advantage didn't play through? 

His decisions just seemed totally awry and almost like he was guessing most of them. Misjudged the advantage for the Vardy 'goal'. 

He may not have lost us the game, and I don't claim that he did, but he certainly didn't help with his control of it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Villa fans really saying that? lmao

It was absolutely them who were putting in dirty little fouls, time wasting, and faking injuries

Yep I thought this, their tactical fouls and feigning injury stopped our momentum at 2-1. The sides towards the top of the league are the worst for the dark arts, especially Man C. Man C have 70% possession every week and on the odd occasion a team does get the ball back they just foul you to stop you breaking. I've always said we are a little soft and a bit naive when it comes to the whole dark arts side of the game. I don't condone it but sometimes, if you can't beat them, join them. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone got a clip of the no-penalty decision? 

In the ground it seemed like a dead cert. Not seen replays but seems like Vardy got to the ball first, then Tielemans swings late into him and fouls him. Not sure how they then get the throw in?

Even aside from that, it appeared he lost control of the game early on. The Onana booking correct, but then he seemed to give every contact 50/50 as a foul. 

No idea how Villa get a free kick for the Skipp challenge. Firstly, Skipp gets the ball. Secondly, his gesturing made it seem like he was playing advantage. If that was the case, surely the first foul is where the kick then gets taken from as the advantage didn't play through? 

His decisions just seemed totally awry and almost like he was guessing most of them. Misjudged the advantage for the Vardy 'goal'. 

He may not have lost us the game, and I don't claim that he did, but he certainly didn't help with his control of it. 

Was never a pen, Tillman’s got the ball and vardy didnt. 

Edited by mikey_b
  • Thanks 1

Said it last season and I stand by it, Championship officiating is better.

And you can accept it - you have to accept it, no VAR, you move on and get on with it.

That said, was VAR in operation today? (I'm being facetious)

Nothing got looked at, i'd have expected some of the things looked at, offside weren't even allowed to play out as phase and called instantly.

Regardless of his decision making, he constantly got in the way, wouldn't let the game flow. 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

If anyone thinks he had a good game, explain why he is in this position as a professional referee?! And that was the third time he got in the way!

Screenshot_20240831-183904~2.png

Not fit to referee literally. Bloke can't run and was well behind play on several occasions. Embarrassing professional

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Drop ball when the ball hits him in the build up to our non goal. But when the ball hit him later on the game and Faes carried on with it he lets play go on? 

I worked at the game he was truly woeful ..  by what I saw