Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Prem Officiating Abomination Journal 24/25

1 hour ago, dayday said:

There fans are saying we’re a nasty side and lots of our players feigning injury, did they actually watch the game 

As for the ref he lost the plot 

Worst of the lot for them was Digne who on three occasions got away with hacks at Fatawu 

• Like 1

Stop, start, stop, start, stop, start. He ruined the flow of the game for me.

Stop blowing up for minimal contact and just let them play football.

Fussy, nit picky, and overall shite. 

30,000 singing "you're not fit to referee" half a dozen times during the game says it all.

• Like 4

Awful performance from him. The ‘foul’ from Skipp was not a foul, yet alone a booking. The stop start nature of the game in the first half was unnecessary, and as for getting in the way of the ball, it just shouldn’t happen. He got the penalty call right at the end I have to say, the Villa man got the ball first then clattered Vards. I’m sure we’ll get worse during the season, but there was a definite feeling of them against us today. 

• Like 1

Villa fans online seem to be very upset about us being "dirty" or "diving" - yet they all seem to love John McGinn, Ollie Watkins and Emi Martinez. Aren't they aware their entire team is full of shithouses, and they play shithouse cheating tactics all the time? Or is it only upsetting when someone else does it back to them for a change?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

Villa fans online seem to be very upset about us being "dirty" or "diving" - yet they all seem to love John McGinn, Ollie Watkins and Emi Martinez. Aren't they aware their entire team is full of shithouses, and they play shithouse cheating tactics all the time? Or is it only upsetting when someone else does it back to them for a change?

Both teams were at it. 

2 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Tbf to the ref, the only decent thing he did all game was leave Watkins on his arse crying in our goal for 5 minutes pretending to be injured.

No surprise there was FA wrong with him and half the ground shouting "W@nker!, W@nker!" when he eventually got up and ran back was a brief highlight of the afternoon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Both teams were at it. 

Exactly. I was glad to see us give them a taste of their own medicine for a change. Too many times under Rodgers, we would just sit there with a bemused look on our faces while McgInn basically reffed the game himself with his antics.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Why did he stop walking off the pitch at full time? They started, then stopped for about a minute before then continuing. Seemed odd. 

Cooper was having a right go at him for that. 

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Awful performance from him. The ‘foul’ from Skipp was not a foul, yet alone a booking. The stop start nature of the game in the first half was unnecessary, and as for getting in the way of the ball, it just shouldn’t happen. He got the penalty call right at the end I have to say, the Villa man got the ball first then clattered Vards. I’m sure we’ll get worse during the season, but there was a definite feeling of them against us today. 

This will be overshadowed by Declan Rice’s red card. The When You’re Smiling podcast had a few things to say about him though.

I was among those jumping up and down at some of the big decisions - esp the penalty shout - but we have to accept that what’s happened is far easier to establish on tv than in the moment at the ground. 

The Skipp tackle was just in front of me and my frustration is more with the rules than the ref - you win the ball cleanly without injuring your opponent and you’re punished? Why? Because theoretically you might have injured him…crazy…

The rest of it was just frustration with the persistent fouling by Villa as we tried to counter and at set pieces. 

If the rules had been strictly applied they’d have accumulated two red cards …

13 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

So if our 1st 'goal' was ruled out because the ball hit the ref in the build up then why did he give a free kick to Leicester? Surely its a drop ball

It was a drop ball. He dropped it to us.

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

I was among those jumping up and down at some of the big decisions - esp the penalty shout - but we have to accept that what’s happened is far easier to establish on tv than in the moment at the ground. 

The Skipp tackle was just in front of me and my frustration is more with the rules than the ref - you win the ball cleanly without injuring your opponent and you’re punished? Why? Because theoretically you might have injured him…crazy…

The rest of it was just frustration with the persistent fouling by Villa as we tried to counter and at set pieces. 

If the rules had been strictly applied they’d have accumulated two red cards …

It’s the inconsistency that winds up fans, players and managers alike.

Both Skipp’s tackle and Tiellemans on Vardy could be described as ‘man and ball’ so either neither is a foul or they both are.  Neither was dangerous so my preference is play on.

It’s never a good sign when both sets of players and fans constantly questioning decisions.  I don’t think he was biased, just breathtakingly incompetent.  He lost control early on and never regained it but then it’s what we have come to expect from too many Premier League referees.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, having seen the highlights, are people willing to admit that the decisions weren't wrong?

The penalty shout was correct but the Skipp foul from which they scored from the resulting free kick was most definitely wrong. 

Wasn’t in the ground/watching on TV yesterday so can’t comment on the overall refereeing performance, but from the multiple angles shown on the highlights he got the 2 pen calls absolutely right. No foul on the first and the second was offside. 

Never a foul from Skipp for the free-kick which led to their first though. 

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, having seen the highlights, are people willing to admit that the decisions weren't wrong?

You think that was a free kick and a booking? You think the ref wasn’t wrong for getting in the way of the game 3 times? That he ignored Digne’s multiple fouls? That he allowed Villa to dictate the pace of the game through time wasting, tactical fouls and injuries? Highlights can’t change the fact the ref was poor. 

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Skipp’s tackle wasn’t a foul, let alone a booking. Even if the ref didn’t make any other mistakes (and that’s debatable), that one alone was very costly for us.

• Like 2