Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Prem Officiating Abomination Journal 24/25

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

So if JJ doesn’t attempt to block the ball it’s offside?  

VAR should be the captain give one review a game,  with another review if a decision is overturned.  The current system just spoils games.

But what  happens if the other team don’t like the decision being over turned as they didn’t think the original was wrong?

Would they appeal themselves?

Not sure appeals would really work for subjective decisions particularly unlike in cricket where it’s black and white .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

But what  happens if the other team don’t like the decision being over turned as they didn’t think the original was wrong?

Would they appeal themselves?

Not sure appeals would really work for subjective decisions particularly unlike in cricket where it’s black and white .

It wouldn’t/ shouldn’t be subjective  - the opposition cant  appeal again or if they did it would be pointless as the ref would look at the same evidence.

I suppose my point is that I’m quite happy for very marginal decisions to go for or against us.  I’d rather the game was allowed to flow and clear errors corrected.

its also easy for managers to moan after the game about decisions.  I’d rather they had some skin in the. game and called out the clear errors.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

It wouldn’t/ shouldn’t be subjective  - the opposition cant  appeal again or if they did it would be pointless as the ref would look at the same evidence.

I suppose my point is that I’m quite happy for very marginal decisions to go for or against us.  I’d rather the game was allowed to flow and clear errors corrected.

its also easy for managers to moan after the game about decisions.  I’d rather they had some skin in the. game and called out the clear errors.

Yea have to be pretty obvious clear cut decisions but we seem to be debating every little call made now by VAR whereas like you say if a minor offside was missed or a potential foul people wouldn’t fuss .

Suppose managers and players always want decisions their way .

VAR have had a mare, there was no conclusive proof to justify overturning the Lino’s decision, but we just have to accept it and move on. They just guessed as they had no cameras in the right place. The PL and VAR are run by a bunch of amateurs, as proven by the PL writing ambiguous rules, which don’t stand up in a court of law. 

It’s basically going to need a siege mentality from all of us this year, as the PL and VAR will not be looking to do us any favours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Are you sure lol

Can you be offside if the ball is passed backwards? Yes, it is possible to be judged offside if the ball is passed backwards, as long as the player who receives the ball is in front of it when it is initially passed. For this to happen, the ball must deflect off a defender and into their path.