Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Prem Officiating Abomination Journal 24/25

7 minutes ago, holyfox said:

Was sitting close to the pitch in row E right in line with that foul on Vardy for the penalty.

The foul on Vardy looked so stone wall penalty. How the ref refused to go to VAR and get away with it, I haven’t a clue! Vardy clearly got to the ball first. But either way, how the hell doesn’t he go to VAR for such a decision??

I thought we gave them a tough game and on  another day could easily have won it. PS, Villa players are cheating time wasting ba**ards!

play like that with the new players only getting better, we have every chance of having a good season

Is it not the job of the VAR to advise him to go to the monitor and look at it? I was shocked there was no indication of them checking it at all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

What did he get wrong? Thought most decisions were correct.

The fact that he got in the way twice, not allowing advantage play, some really soft decisions and some decisions that he didn't give. Generally didn't control the game very well. The 1st time he got in the way it looked like he didn't have a clue as to what to do. 

11 minutes ago, holyfox said:

Was sitting close to the pitch in row E right in line with that foul on Vardy for the penalty.

The foul on Vardy looked so stone wall penalty. How the ref refused to go to VAR and get away with it, I haven’t a clue! Vardy clearly got to the ball first. But either way, how the hell doesn’t he go to VAR for such a decision??

I thought we gave them a tough game and on  another day could easily have won it. PS, Villa players are cheating time wasting ba**ards!

play like that with the new players only getting better, we have every chance of having a good season

VAR check everything, If there was actually something in it then they'd have been in his earpiece and told him to give it/sent him to the monitor

• Like 2

For a professional ref to get in the way that often in one game is completely unacceptable. His positions were wrong. 

Skipp got the ball and gave some very soft fouls.

Skipp won the ball. He didn't lose us the game, the starting line up did, but he had a helping hand in ruining the flow 

Edited by fox_favourite

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

VAR check everything, If there was actually something in it then they'd have been in his earpiece and told him to give it/sent him to the monitor

They check goals, potential penalty decisions and red cards, not quite everything but as you say if there was anything in it they would have gave the pen.

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

They check goals, potential penalty decisions and red cards, not quite everything but as you say if there was anything in it they would have gave the pen.

yea, what I mean was it's not just a "if the ref asks them to take a look" deal, VAR would have looked at it as a matter of course

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

yea, what I mean was it's not just a "if the ref asks them to take a look" deal, VAR would have looked at it as a matter of course

Yes sorry I wasn't calling you out on it, does concern me how other fans don't understand the use of VAR when it has been clearly stated multiple times

The ref got two huge decisions wrong today which had a massive affect on the game. 

Skipp’s foul was never a foul and we should’ve had a penalty at the end. The refs are getting backed up even more and more these days with them trying to not overrule their on field decisions. 

The players reactions to both decisions and at the end of the game was the most telling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

The ref got two huge decisions wrong today which had a massive affect on the game. 

Skipp’s foul was never a foul and we should’ve had a penalty at the end. The refs are getting backed up even more and more these days with them trying to not overrule their on field decisions. 

The players reactions to both decisions and at the end of the game was the most telling. 

I mean we shouldn't have. he signalled for it initially and then got the word it was offside from Vardy. If Vardy was on then VAR would indicate that to him and the original penalty decision would have stood

• Like 3

The pen claims weren't pens. The first is a good challenge from Tielemans and the second one Vardy was given offside, so a foul is moot.  The Skipp foul I can agree with, but the ref didn't have a bad game imo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

You can groan about his decision making - I thought it was a clear panelty on Vardy and Tielemans knew it from his reaction. 

However how many times does a ref get hit by the ball three times? That’s just poor officiating. 

It was never a penalty, he got the ball

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, holyfox said:

You must have had a poor angle … it was referred to VAR and dismissed after a few seconds - which after you see the replay you’ll agree with. 

Tielemans won the ball cleanly, not even a hint of foul

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean we shouldn't have. he signalled for it initially and then got the word it was offside from Vardy. If Vardy was on then VAR would indicate that to him and the original penalty decision would have stood

I’m talking about the Tielemans foul on Vardy. 

Just now, 5waller5 said:

You must have had a poor angle … it was referred to VAR and dismissed after a few seconds - which after you see the replay you’ll agree with. 

Tielemans won the ball cleanly, not even a hint of foul

Then why did they give a throw in to Villa?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Vardy was offside before the penalty tackle. It was the right decision 

Surprised with how many Coote fanboys are on here sticking up for him. He made poor game changing decisions including that free kick. He also interfered with play 3 times by letting the ball touch him. He let Digne get away with multiple fouls without booking him. He missed a penalty against Vardy. He allowed Villa to time waste throughout. He lost control of the game. He was shocking. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2