Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Prem Officiating Abomination Journal 24/25

People's biggest gripe has gone from ...

Worst ref ever

Gave us nothing 

Deffo pen

No foul

Not a yellow

Tackle from behind??So what. He got the ball. Let's forget the fact you simply can't do that. It leaves the ref with no option. 

To on reflection when most have watched TV replays....And realised they were so wrong 

But people still can't back down and admit the ref was actually ok so come up with...

Ok so...he got the majority of the decisions right but....

He got in the way 3 times. (At least it shows he keeps up with play)

And we'll...for that he is  not fit to ref.

Come on people..

Have a word with yourselves.

We will get far worse. 

Blaming the ref here Is daft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Worst ref ever

Gave us nothing 

Deffo pen

No foul

Not a yellow

Tackle from behind??So what. He got the ball. Let's forget the fact you simply can't do that. It leaves the ref with no option. 

To on reflection when most have watched TV replays....And realised they were so wrong 

But people still can't back down and admit the ref was actually ok so come up with...

Come on people..

We will get far worse. 

Which tackle from behind are you referring to? Skipp, who tackled from behind and got the ball, or Tielemans, who tackled from behind and got the ball?

My main gripe was from the start of the second half villa wasted time and tried to break up play as much as possible. Fair play to them. I just don't expect the ref to completely facilitate that.

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

You think that was a free kick and a booking? You think the ref wasn’t wrong for getting in the way of the game 3 times? That he ignored Digne’s multiple fouls? That he allowed Villa to dictate the pace of the game through time wasting, tactical fouls and injuries? Highlights can’t change the fact the ref was poor. 

You can't tackle from behind, it was a free kick. The major decisions he got right and bitching about "oh he got in the way", "oh he didn't address the tactical fouls and time wasting every team does" is desperate clutching at straws.

41 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, having seen the highlights, are people willing to admit that the decisions weren't wrong?

I haven't seen the highlights yet so not admitting anything and the ref is still a **** :ph34r:

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Worst ref ever

Gave us nothing 

Deffo pen

No foul

Not a yellow

Come on people..

We will get far worse. 

I agree he was OK, but getting struck by the ball three times is extremely poor, once is a mistake, three times is poor positioning.

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You can't tackle from behind, it was a free kick. The major decisions he got right and bitching about "oh he got in the way", "oh he didn't address the tactical fouls and time wasting every team does" is desperate clutching at straws.

I don’t think this is true. As far as I’m aware there is no reference to tackling from behind in the laws of the game. You’re not allowed to make a tackle that endangers the safety of the opponent, but that applies whichever direction the tackle comes from. I think tackles from behind are permissible if they’re not deemed dangerous.

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don’t think this is true. As far as I’m aware there is no reference to tackling from behind in the laws of the game. You’re not allowed to make a tackle that endangers the safety of the opponent, but that applies whichever direction the tackle comes from. I think tackles from behind are permissible if they’re not deemed dangerous.

technically true, the laws of the game are as below, but tackling from behind will pretty much always be interpreted as careless or reckless.

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:

• a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • holds an opponent
  • impedes an opponent with contact
  • bites or spits at someone on the team lists or a match official
  • throws an object at the ball, opponent or match official, or makes contact with the ball with a held object

[/quote

Edited by The Doctor

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

technically true, the laws of the game are as below, but tackling from behind will pretty much always be interpreted as careless or reckless.

Isn’t it Tackling ‘through’ a player from behind that is a no no no but tackling from the side (scooping) making direct contact with the ball whilst behind a player is a yes yes yes 🤷‍♂️ 

21 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Isn’t it Tackling ‘through’ a player from behind that is a no no no but tackling from the side (scooping) making direct contact with the ball whilst behind a player is a yes yes yes 🤷‍♂️ 

there's no hard and fast rule like that, it's whether it's a careless or reckless challenge, which is the referees interpretation, and I don't think you can definitively say that Skipps tackle wasn't careless (when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution.). booking is perhaps harsh but the free kick isn't obviously wrong, it's a reasonable decision 

Skipp did foul the guy and it was a booking. My main gripe with the ref was time wasting. He did not crack down on it and the first half should have been 7 minutes too. The ref himself wasted about 5 minutes with his slow decision making. Pundits call time wasting gamesmanship but it's not, it's cheating. If Rice was sent off, then villa should have had at least five bookings or one if the ref had clamped down from the start. It just spoils the game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

You must have had a poor angle … it was referred to VAR and dismissed after a few seconds - which after you see the replay you’ll agree with. 

Tielemans won the ball cleanly, not even a hint of foul

Ahhh, I hadn’t realised that it had been referred. All I could see was the players desperately trying to get him to go to VAR. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Doctor said:

VAR check everything, If there was actually something in it then they'd have been in his earpiece and told him to give it/sent him to the monitor

Clearly got caught up in the atmosphere and the general feeling that the ref was letting them get away with everything ! My bad

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

So why is the tackle by Youri from behind, but cleanly winning the ball not also foul then?

The only difference was that it was made in the penalty area and Skipp’s wasn’t.

15 minutes ago, stu said:

So why is the tackle by Youri from behind, but cleanly winning the ball not also foul then?

The only difference was that it was made in the penalty area and Skipp’s wasn’t.

Vardy is not in possession at that point is the key difference 

Seen the highlights. 

Coote gets the wrong decision for the Skipp one. 

Coote fvcks up for the Vardy 'goal'. I thought if the ref touches it but carries on to a player of the same team then play should carry on. 

He got the Tielemans penalty call bang on. He clearly gets the ball and it's a fair challenge, no penalty. 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seen the highlights. 

Coote gets the wrong decision for the Skipp one. 

Coote fvcks up for the Vardy 'goal'. I thought if the ref touches it but carries on to a player of the same team then play should carry on. 

He got the Tielemans penalty call bang on. He clearly gets the ball and it's a fair challenge, no penalty. 

Didn’t he give villa a throw though for tielemans penalty? Looks like youri clearly kicked it out of play? 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t he give villa a throw though for tielemans penalty? Looks like youri clearly kicked it out of play? 

Yeah sorry, meant the actual penalty decision. Should have been our throw. 

Whilst the ref wasn't to blame for us losing he was shockingly indecisive and weak all game examples being the skipp challenge where he played on for a few seconds then went back to it or the vardy penalty in the 97th where his arm went up back down then up again. The ball hit him 3 times once a game is unusual 3 times your clearly positioning yourself badly also the drop balls he would drop it at a defenders feet with a striker right next to them so we were instantly under the pump that's not how it's supposed to work. All these things combine to give out the impression to every one in the stadium that you don't know what your doing and your gong to have a long afternoon. 

22 hours ago, The Doctor said:

from behind, it'll always be a foul.

But it isn't always a foul, every game there's tackles from behind where a player gets the ball and no foul is given. Many are directly from behind between the players legs Skipp's was more from the side anyway.