Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

21 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know this is how I feel but some of the decision making makes it incredibly hard. I look at the side when they are in full flow and, more importantly our competitors, Ipswich, Saints, Everton and think we have enough to warrant believing we can stay up. Problem is, this approach and the hope the manager “learns”. He won’t. This is his style, ask Forest fans, he got sacked on it, went through a horrendous away record on it. 

and just been sent this - this is Skys response to the goal today. It’s like EVERYBODY can see it. There’s being pragmatic and then there’s being a pussy. That line up today at ****ing home was cowardly, 

IMG_5387.thumb.jpeg.82259458d9a0916bb06adf44ee7e979a.jpeg

EVEN CLINTONS BEGGING HIM TO START MAVIDIDI.

Cooper supposedly spent his time after leaving Forest analysing every aspect of his time there in a bid to learn from his mistakes. He even apparently recruited statisticians to help him gain a full understanding of his strengths and weaknesses as a coach. And now he’s repeating exactly the same mistakes that got him sacked from his previous job. I suppose some habits are too ingrained to change…

• Like 4

Didn't watch, but sounds like hes just a liar after saying the 1sr half v spurs wasn't how he wants us to play.

Hes either terrible at getting his message across or he's a liar and loves showing no intent to win a game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The most depressing thing is only a few seasons ago. We were Villa….. look at us now. I hope the board rooms arseholes twitch when they think about this is…. ****ing bellends. 

Yep, and I don’t see Unai or the Villa board and recruitment making the same mistakes our lot did either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The most depressing thing is only a few seasons ago. We were Villa….. look at us now. I hope the board rooms arseholes twitch when they think about this is…. ****ing bellends. 

Just to sad to think about it.....and our board isn't even embarrassed 🙄..... lousy crap management has always been the downfall of once great British businesses.

6 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

I remember reading similar comments when played Plymouth and few others last season. Maresca Style & Subs.

I get it that Coopers not everyone's cup of tea but at least he was up for the challenge. There wasn't que around the block when it came to applicants.

There were at least two better candidates.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Try to understand, this is why we're frustrated. 

We believe in the potential of this squad, we believe the team we've assembled isn't as bad as people expect it to be. 

We believe it can achieve more with a coach who has any kind of talent for progressive modern football tactics. 

When Cooper was forced to bring on decent attacking midfielders and wingers and make a game of it, we scored. But before that with his cowardly defensive line-up we didn't look like creating a chance all day. 

We can't give every team in the league a two goal lead. 

Spot on Finners 

38 minutes ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

This this this!

Every single thread is negativity after negativity after negativity.

It was the same last season when we were top of the league. It’s not just this forum, it’s virtually every football fan these days.

People seem to be programmed to be negative by default these days in all aspects of life. Don’t stress, sit back and enjoy the ride.

It's lazy cynicism and a bunch of people who want to in the "in crowd" parroting them. It's pathetic and boring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Cooper supposedly spent his time after leaving Forest analysing every aspect of his time there in a bid to learn from his mistakes. He even apparently recruited statisticians to help him gain a full understanding of his strengths and weaknesses as a coach. And now he’s repeating exactly the same mistakes that got him sacked from his previous job. I suppose some habits are too ingrained to change…

This is what is utterly confusing me.  We were told exactly this about him having the self-awareness and openess to use the time away from the game to analyse and learn his mistakes.  That for me is a very positive trait in any person in a leadership role.  

I am clinging to the hope that whilst he gets the measure of the squad, integrates new players etc he has reverted to an ultra-cautious approach almost as reflex.  

Now he has to learn, adapt, realise the squad we have can compete without 8 behind the ball and make the necessary changes, starting with more creativity in the middle.  I didn't mind the commitment and pressing against Villa but we looked absolutely toothless with the ball.  

We've got some easier matches coming up on paper, time for Steve to show his mettle.  However, I fear he'll use the away from home excuse to set up just as negatively against Palace.   Hopefully I'm wrong.  

Far to defensive and passive yet both goals yesterday were defensively poor.

Sleeping on the free kick and no pressure or closing down the cross for Duran's header. 

Mavididi has to start next game and we need to drop Ndidi and play a proper 10

• Like 1

David “CNUT” Coots has to be the worst official ever to grace the KP stadium turf, he hadn’t got a fuching clue how to officiate a game his incessant stopping of the game for soft things moving the ball back 3cm let alone ruling out penalties or goals getting in the fuching way of break away or attempts on goal or giving fouls away ( and goals away to Villa !) his whistle happy W️!!

His performance yesterday should be audited by the PGMOL & the FA but it won’t be as they’re happy with substandard officiating, we have the best football league in the world but we sure do have the worst officiating in the world !!

So frustrating not to take anything from the game, which certainly wouldn't have been said pre-match. There's plenty to take from yesterday, and ultimately two top sides have come here and been pushed all the way (aside from that Spurs first half). 

Edited by FoxesTalker
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

David “CNUT” Coots has to be the worst official ever to grace the KP stadium turf, he hadn’t got a fuching clue how to officiate a game his incessant stopping of the game for soft things moving the ball back 3cm let alone ruling out penalties or goals getting in the fuching way of break away or attempts on goal or giving fouls away ( and goals away to Villa !) his whistle happy W️!!

His performance yesterday should be audited by the PGMOL & the FA but it won’t be as they’re happy with substandard officiating, we have the best football league in the world but we sure do have the worst officiating in the world !!

I will put you down as a maybe

• Haha 1