Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

The more I think about it the more shocking it is to start THREE defensive midfielders. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any manager do that? Yes, I know Wilf technically wasn’t being played as a DM but he is one. I swear I’m usually one of the people defending managers and asking for patience and time but I’m not feeling good about this at all.

I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been MORE of a reaction to that team selection. Take us down battling and fighting and we’ll respect you Steve. But three DMs, freezing out our best player and not playing one of our best attacking threats from last year is starting to feel unforgivable. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The more I think about it the more shocking it is to start THREE defensive midfielders. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any manager do that? Yes, I know Wilf technically wasn’t being played as a DM but he is one. I swear I’m usually one of the people defending managers and asking for patience and time but I’m not feeling good about this at all.

I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been MORE of a reaction to that team selection. Take us down battling and fighting and we’ll respect you Steve. But three DMs, freezing out our best player and not playing one of our best attacking threats from last year is starting to feel unforgivable. 

Apart from the Morocco guy who's just joined, who would you have played in the AM role?

I think there hasn't been any reaction is because, as you said, Wilf was being played in the AM role and also because we don't have much options there. When this new guy gets up to speed in can see Wilf on the bench

Another poor performance, 1st half was woeful, we couldn’t get out of our own half , players could not control passes and no one could go forward . 
why the hell is malvidei not starting , he was the one bright spot in the second half , and again cooper waited to long to make replacements, he has got the team playing just keep ball at the back , we have battled well over all , put there’s no punch in the midfield 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Apart from the Morocco guy who's just joined, who would you have played in the AM role?

I think there hasn't been any reaction is because, as you said, Wilf was being played in the AM role and also because we don't have much options there. When this new guy gets up to speed in can see Wilf on the bench

There were numerous options surely? Buonanotte? Any from BDCR, Mavididi, McAteer, christ even Ricky P or Alves?

I like Wilf, he was great for us and seems a genuine guy. And my post is in no way a dig at him but the stats back up he was very ineffective. It’s the mental side too. Fans and opposition see THREE DMs and get depressed/excited. 

Yes some of the above aren’t technically “AMs” but neither is Wilf. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Bounanotte who played there the 1st two league games?

What's not talked about more is he picked these same 3 DCMs in the home cup game to a league two outfit 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Errrrrrrr Facundo 

I just don't get some managers, we were already losing. Why are you waiting until we are losing by more before making changes? We'd just got a foothold in the game I felt and at that moment we needed to bring on a proper 10 at the very least. 

I have no idea what the plan was for the last 10 minutes, just chuck on every forward thinking player possible and hope for the best. I don't think anyone knew where the hell they were supposed to be, how does that aid the attack?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I just don't get some managers, we were already losing. Why are you waiting until we are losing by more before making changes? We'd just got a foothold in the game I felt and at that moment we needed to bring on a proper 10 at the very least. 

I have no idea what the plan was for the last 10 minutes, just chuck on every forward thinking player possible and hope for the best. I don't think anyone knew where the hell they were supposed to be, how does that aid the attack?

thats what the plan was, it's tactically inept and simplistic "more forwards = more shots" thinking without consideration of how to get the shooting opportunities in the first place 

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Cooperball™

26 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

thats what the plan was, it's tactically inept and simplistic "more forwards = more shots" thinking without consideration of how to get the shooting opportunities in the first place 

I'm all for adding a bit of jeopardy into it and mixing things up, but it was just a p*** take. Used to drive me mad under Rodgers when we'd just continue to plod the ball around at a snail's pace, but this is like the polar opposite. 

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Screenshot_20240902-093550.png.488118ef2aeee350330778427aa2d923.png

state of this. Kristensen, Ayew and Skipp pretty much entirely on top of each other in average position, Ndidi playing right alongside Fatawu, just zero structure in that.

Yep, especially when you think how structured we were last season. How can you dismantle a successful shape so quickly when you largely have most of the same players? 

• Like 1