Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

Shock, the approach of going ultra negative to "keep us in the game" leaves us with too much to do and then when we send for our creative players with about 25 minutes left we actually start to look semi capable

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Cooper starting 3 CDMs cost us that game. The fact that he waited until they scored their second goal instead of half time to change that was criminal. They were there for taking as far as im concerned. Was not impressed with Villa in the slightest. Ive seen enough from this team to see that weve got a chance. Some of the selections however..

To be honest, I am slightly more forgiving towards Cooper. If it was Rodgers, we would still have 6 defenders at the end chasing the game.

I think Cooper feels that Wilf is too big to drop and we need his experience. He legs are shot and he hasn’t got the reaction to read the game.  He just plods around not tracking, not sure I saw him make an actual tackle. 

Let’s see if he starts with such a negative and weaker line up against Palace.  

• Like 1

Complained at the end of Tottenham that we showed them too much respect and then puts out that line up.

that midfield with ayew and vardy in attack will just not get you any goals unfortunately, we’d have a better chance if had someone more competent in charge.

Literally have no idea how he can’t even bring ricardo off the bench…

on the plus side, some of the new signings looked good… Okoli, Skipp, El Khannouss

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Ayew was superb....needs to drop Fattawu in my opinion and play Ayew on the right

Ayew did very well and is clearly able to use both feet. I absolutely agree that Fatawu should be the one to make way. Looks lost at this level currently. Much like he did against Chelsea last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Richmondfox said:

I think Cooper feels that Wilf is too big to drop and we need his experience. He legs are shot and he hasn’t got the reaction to read the game.  He just plods around not tracking, not sure I saw him make an actual tackle. 

Let’s see if he starts with such a negative and weaker line up against Palace.  

If he does start it's got to be in a defensive midfield role.

• Haha 1

When was the last time we had a proactive manager in regards to subs? 

Im not counting Rodgers taking Praet off at half time every time he started him. We have 5 subs, half time gives you an extra chance to use one. Already losing, make a change. 

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Cooper starting 3 CDMs cost us that game. The fact that he waited until they scored their second goal instead of half time to change that was criminal. They were there for taking as far as im concerned. Was not impressed with Villa in the slightest. Ive seen enough from this team to see that weve got a chance. Some of the selections however..

Seems to have a massive issue with Ricardo. Mcateer over him.. really? Okoli looked decent

He didn’t, he started 2 CDM’s and Wilf. I have no idea what Wilf is these days, beyond being a football repulsion device that is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

More encouraging performance today and hopefully the international break will give time for the new players to settle in. Still not really sure why we spent £20 million on Skipp who seems to do the same things as Winks. Surely that money should have gone on a striker 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Shock, the approach of going ultra negative to "keep us in the game" leaves us with too much to do and then when we send for our creative players with about 25 minutes left we actually start to look semi capable

We absolutely have to start a 4-2-3-1 at home with Buenonotte and Mavididi. If not then most games will play out like today. 

We were by no means terrible but this idea that it's the only way to stay in games was kind of how Pearson set up and ultimately stayed at the foot of the table until they went for it. 

If you're not giving the other team anything to think about until the last half an hour, it suddenly becomes very easy to play against us. We aren't good enough defensively to rely on staying in the game. 

• Like 2

Having not seen the game (as I was out) I'm going to give a brief description of how I think the game went and see if I'm close... so the starting lineup was quite defensive, I seen from the stats we had slightly more posession in the first 15mins so we started relatively brightly probably because we were at home... and then Aston villa took controller scored a couple of goals, I assume everyone was vying for cooper to make subs earlier than he did  ut he waited until the 68th minute to bring 3 attacking subs on which immediately made us look better to which then we scored...  it unfortunately never looked like getting a second because we should have made the changes earlier or even started more attacking... am I roughly in the right ball park with that summary?...

😫 hate losing to villa!

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

See posts re first goal, may not have cost us but did get it wrong and it affected the game 

I just think that when you lose possession and then chase back and challenge from behind you’re nearly always going to give away a foul unless you take it cleanly and don’t touch the player with your other foot.