Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

Without ever looking like winning, we weren't that bad. We ran, pressed and pushed them into positions they didn't like and won the ball high up the pitch, it's just a shame that the lack of creative players from the start meant that we couldn't do anything with it. 

At the end of the day, plating well off the ball like this means nothing if we never look like hurting them and it'll only be a matter of time before someone makes a mistake and we go behind. This one is on Cooper. 

More than that though, I feel we are being the result of a poor pre-season. 

We never got the players we needed in on time. They've not been able to settle in the team, we've not figured out our best formation, haven't develiped passinh habits and the players haven't gelled yet. Had this all happened when it should have in the off season, we would be in a different place because in truth, a lot of the players we signed look decent. Ayew done what he was brought in for, Okoli looked half decent with a few brain-farts in there too and Skipp was our best CM. 

All in all, we are were I thought we would be but it's frustrating as we could easily have been in a better position

• Like 2

Best player in the squad can't get off the bench. Mavididi has to start..  3 cdms is too much

I'm not saying go all out attack. But Mav and facundo for ndidi and ayew is a no trainer for Palace surely.

• Like 1

Just now, Simonb said:

Best player in the squad can't get off the bench. Mavididi has to start..  3 cdms is too much

I'm not saying go all out attack. But Mav and facundo for ndidi and ayew is a no trainer for Palace surely.

Keep Ayew in and move him to the left. Replace Abdul with Mavididi 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

If he does start it's got to be in a defensive midfield role.

Even then, Skipp and Winks work way better together to get the ball up the pitch. It’s not like Wilf is coming in and destroying people with slide tackles or blocks, his passing at the back puts others under pressure. 

Mav looked great, I hope Cooper doesn’t see him as some kind of impact player for Ayew.

Fatawu is stranded with no support, such a waste of a player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Mavididi was poor for the second half of last season. I don't think he should be a guaranteed starter. 

You don’t win games by keeping clean sheets, you win them by scoring goals. 

Set us up to score, not for damage limitation. 

Also, ref had an absolute shocker 

Edited by 001merp

Minor errors in this league cost you, soft foul for the first goal, winks couldn`t deliver a pizza never mind a freekick, subs on 15 minutes too late and the concept of being defensive when you are losing  is straight from the Rogers playbook.

Better team than last week , but not much creativity , but some hope from the new signings. We might scrape staying in this division but no chsnce for anything more than that/ 

Not sure what to make of that.

There’s plenty of positives you could take from that game.

But Cooper isn’t doing himself any favours with some of the decisions he’s making.

The international break might not be a bad thing for us.

• Like 1

To be honest, I am more forgiving towards Cooper.

If it was Rodgers, we should still have 6 defenders on the pitch at the end. Cooper didn’t, so that is a tick for me.

He started Ndidi at AM which means he sees a bit what we see, so I am pleased.  However, he changed him back to DCM after Skipp left, so that is still worrying.

When Khannouss and Buonanotte came on, they instantly gave our midfield so much more mobility. The fact Cooper didn’t that was encouraging.

Yet, he still have Ricardo on the bench so that is worrying in terms of what he sees. He has to start either in place of Justin or Kristiansen.

Not starting Mavididi is also strange. He changed the game.  But in fairness, Ayew was not too bad at all today.

There is some issue though still with our game plan. We didn’t provide much to Vardy until the 3 subs came on.

Overall, this second half is encouraging. It is only 3 games. Let’s observe more first. Give the team a proper chance to gel.

I'm not convinced Mavididi has enough to be a success at this level but I think he deserves an opportunity to prove if he is or not from the start. 

Ayew is going to be cut some slack because he has endeavour. Unless the ball falls to Vardy in the 6 yard box he has nothing at this level any more, proved he can still finish but we need more. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Cooper got it completely wrong again up until after we conceded the 2nd and he changed it with the subs

SURELY after Spurs and now today he will realise we need an actual 10 on the pitch

It seems like he has the keep it tight mentality, then unleash the attacking creativity later in the game

Poor first half.  As others have said, we set up defensively and showed too much respect for a visiting team.  By the time we got some impact subs on and tilted the pitch in our favor, we were two down and unable to overcome.

I do not claim to know how to manage a football club, but I believe some of those subs should be starting next match.

• Like 1