Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

Says a lot about the officiating when even the side that won the game were chanting "you're not fit to referee" as he walked off the pitch

That was on par with "my mates the ref tonight"

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Poor first half.  As others have said, we set up defensively and showed too much respect for a visiting team.  By the time we got some impact subs on and tilted the pitch in our favor, we were two down and unable to overcome.

I do not claim to know how to manage a football club, but I believe some of those subs should be starting next match.

I wish we could do that - table football style  :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Mark said:

Also how can you use all your subs chasing the game and still refuse to consider Ricardo

I wonder if Cooper has employed the classic 'new manager' tactic of going into a new club and trying to assert his authority by picking on a senior pro? If so, he's picked the wrong player.

David Coote looks like a children's entertainer who has been accused of a crime he is possibly not guilty of. Nevertheless, his career will never recover and he will forever be viewed with suspicion as he is forced from neighbourhood to neighbourhood, turd-smeared underwear and fireworks streaming through each successive letterbox

4137-1682346458.jpg.bb4cb6378cff4ded0b9a98e2a47dddeb.jpg

• Haha 3

We're going to have some fans who back Cooper for far, far longer than they should, because he will keep putting us in situations where we have to throw caution to the wind to try and salvage a result. Let's not kid ourselves that we saw anything other than 70 minutes of clueless was and then 20 minutes of recklessness. 

What I would give for Maresca (or any other manager that has a defined system of play). Under Cooper we play, tactically at least, like a Sunday league side. Players thrown together with no real instruction - it's painful to watch.

We saw it with Southgate in the Euros - passing for the sake of passing. 

One positive - our season won't be defined by games against the top 6.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Even then, Skipp and Winks work way better together to get the ball up the pitch. It’s not like Wilf is coming in and destroying people with slide tackles or blocks, his passing at the back puts others under pressure. 

Mav looked great, I hope Cooper doesn’t see him as some kind of impact player for Ayew.

Fatawu is stranded with no support, such a waste of a player. 

The problem first half was Winks and Skipp were playing to close to each other. We needed one of them to break forward when we had possession.

Wilf cant play with his back to Goal aside from his touch which is why I'd move him back to his old position.

Mav and Fats on either wing is our best options out wide.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s about balance. 

I don’t want to start with a side that gives us zero chance of creativity from midfield. That doesn’t mean go “gung ho”. It might just mean picking two defensive midfielders instead of three 

100% but I think people are overacting about the overall performance.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Says a lot about the officiating when even the side that won the game were chanting "you're not fit to referee" as he walked off the pitch

That was on par with "my mates the ref tonight"

Why were the Villa fans unhappy with him? Gave them more than enough from where I was sitting 

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It seems like he has the keep it tight mentality, then unleash the attacking creativity later in the game

All well and good if you have a back line capable of keeping it tight.  For us it's a recipe for playing from behind.

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm frustrated because with a more positive approach we could and should have got a point in both of the last two games. Neither Villa nor Fulham looked that great imho. 

so much for being fearless lol 

• Like 1