Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Has to be brave enough to drop Vardy for me.

It's not dropping.

A manager that thinks a 38 year old playing 90+ minutes every week is an idiot or is desperate.

• Like 1

Ndidi CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be anywhere the from 4/5. His first touch is just terrible. Let him do what he does best. Buanonotte has to start, by far the most creative player we have at the moment. No point in trying to get back into the game every game. Let's take it to teams such as Villa etc. I can understand trying to contain teams such as Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. But other teams we need to at least have some form of creativity to try and win the ball. Mavididi HAS to start also, Ayew should start upfront with Vardy coming on as impact sub. 

Okoli was OK apart from their second. Copper needs to learn quickly that we cannot be that team that tries to hang on and then nick something late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure who had the worse game - the referee or Steve Cooper. Gave us no  chance with that selection. Did he not watch Wilf against Tranmere . Clueless.

I was prepared to give him a chance but 3 games in and I'm losing hope in him. On a positive note when we have the attacking players on we can compete

Edited by Gazza3

29 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

See posts re first goal, may not have cost us but did get it wrong and it affected the game 

not sure he did necessarily get it wrong. sure Skipp wins the ball but that doesn't make a tackle not a foul, it's if it's in control and doesn't endanger an opponent, typically tackle from behind will be a foul 

I know it's early days but that starting line up was like waving a white flag before a kick had been made. 

This 'staying in games' is all very well but seems like your effectively giving yourself 30 mins at the end of the match to try and get something. Stop giving teams so much respect cooper and let's go for it. Mavidid has to start, bounonatte and el kannous not bad shouts either.

• Like 3

unlucky i think not to get at least something out of the game. too earl to be overly worried. hopefully they will go in and realise we look better when we're attacking. players still getting used to each other as well. squad needs more time to gel. 

• Like 2

Coady has to start ahead of Faes for me. May be slower, but he's a great leader and can at least do the basics of defending consistently.

Mavadidi deserves to start.

A proper 10 should be starting, rather than Ndidi

Ricardo is our best full back - play Justin on the left.

Ayew should start over Fatawu in games against top 6 opposition.

If Cooper can be more adventurous in his team selection, we will start to pick up points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

unlucky i think not to get at least something out of the game. too earl to be overly worried. hopefully they will go in and realise we look better when we're attacking. players still getting used to each other as well. squad needs more time to gel. 

Looking at our fixture list October will be a key month, then Ipswich up in early November. I’ll judge Cooper once we get through that run of games. 

Basically no pre season due to our awful squad management, we had no creative players at all for him to try anything out before the league started basically… 

• Like 2

At least Cooper is better than Rodgers.

He didn’t keep Ndidi in DCM for long.

Rodgers would have kept Ndidi in his problematic DCM position and ended up the game with 6 defenders chasing the game by passing about at the back.

Having said that, I still don’t know what Cooper’s style is. 

Edited by Tom12345

I don't like this idea of playing with the handbrake on, at home, until the opposition scores and then chase the game.  We are up against it enough already without effectively giving the opposition a goal start.  What would happen if we didn't go behind I ask myself?  Would Cooper throw the cavalry on in the second half in search of a winner or would he stick and try to protect a point?  I think the latter.  He is showing the opposition too much respect and  handing over the initiative from the start.

I think we've in improved every game that we've played. We controlled the midfield and broke up most of their play. Obviously  it's difficult because Ndidi and Skipp are holding midfielders and did well, so that only left Winks for creativity.

We were the better team, they just have the firepower. But considering we had most of the ball against a top 6 team, we have to take the positives from that.

I'm more optimistic now than I was before the season started.

• Like 1

Ndidi, winks and Skipp in isolation isn't the issue. It's playing all 3 at the same time. 

We need to win our home games to give ourselves a chance. Villa looked vulnerable when we attacked them.

Coops changed it too late. Let's hope the international break can be used to get an identity sorted. Starting with that lineup will only get one result. 

This is going to be tough. 

If you start a game so negatively, especially against a quality opposition but continually make poor decisions you’ll get punished. Ndidi, Winks and Skipp can’t play together. 

However, generally I thought we were okay. Made some silly mistakes, but generally I would say there were some minor improvements. The problem is we simply can’t keep throwing games away by making simple just costly mistakes. 

Positives:

I though Ayew was okay, he lacks in the final third but he can drive the team up the pitch.

Okoli wasn’t too bad I don’t t think, would benefit with a more experienced pro along side him.

We look so much better with actual attackers on the pitch. 

Cooper simply must start to be braver with his decision making, I’m still not sold on him at all, I think he lacks experience to make those big calls. 

Gonna say it, people will hate it, but this is a situation Moyes would probably be a lot better at. If we’re going to play like we are going to need someone with more experience to lead us, I just don’t trust Cooper to be that man, it’s too much of a gamble for me. We’re nearly there, but we don’t have time to be nearly there. 

• Like 1

Hopefully Cooper can learn the lessons that have been apparent every game so far, but more pronounced today:

Ndidi is not a starter. In any position.

Defend for 70 minutes, then attack for 20 once we’re behind is not a successful strategy.

Vardy is an impact sub, not a 90 minute every week player. 

Ricardo improves that side instantly.

• Like 1