Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 1 - 2 Villa POST MATCH

24 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

If Cooper realises we're a better side for going for it right from the off, we'll be alright.

We dont need to go for it right from the off, but we should have more dangerous players on the pitch then just Fatawu and a 37 year old striker for when we break 

Edited by South Shire Fox

Positives: when we put on 2 of our creative players with Mavididi and Beunonotte we scored. They both should have started.

Skipp and Winks worked well in double pivot, Skipp having a nice bite to his game before having to be more restrained after his yellow.

Mads kept us in the game and his distribution is getting better for distance.

All players looked up for it and while unsophisticated the game was more fun to watch than Enzo ball with it's bombscare passing around at the back. Ndidi was the only one with a truly poor game. 

We have enough to stay up if not too much of a points deduction.

Negatives: 

Not a good midfield line-up first half, Abdul not getting enough of the ball. Vardy should be impact sub rather than starter. Ricky should be starting too.

Shocking reffing and time wasting by Villa. It made me nostalgic for the Championship. I don't see Villa doing well in the CL, they will be back mid table soon enough.

Edited by foxinsox
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

not sure he did necessarily get it wrong. sure Skipp wins the ball but that doesn't make a tackle not a foul, it's if it's in control and doesn't endanger an opponent, typically tackle from behind will be a foul 

It wasn’t from behind. The referee let similar tackles go later. It was a fair tackle from the side which is why so many Leicester players surrounded the ref. Very poor decision by a very poor, highly paid referee.

i thought we looked ok when we went to a back three but its clear that midfield is just asking for us to be always on the backfoot. as much as i love fatawu i reckon the team below would be better.

----------------------------------- hermanssen-------------------------------

---------faes-----------------vestergaard--------------okoli--------------

ricardo-----------------------------------------------------------------krisstensen

--------------------------winks-----------------skipp-------------------------------

-------facundo------------------vardy-----------------------mavadidi--------

Just now, dorsetboy said:

i thought we looked ok when we went to a back three but its clear that midfield is just asking for us to be always on the backfoot. as much as i love fatawu i reckon the team below would be better.

----------------------------------- hermanssen-------------------------------

---------faes-----------------vestergaard--------------okoli--------------

ricardo-----------------------------------------------------------------krisstensen

--------------------------winks-----------------skipp-------------------------------

-------facundo------------------vardy-----------------------mavadidi--------

This is a work of art 

Two funny moments. Superstar Wout Faes who was begging for a big move away this week and the superstar centre as he usually is. 

1. running into the centre of the pitch and losing the ball. Mads makes a great save and Faes turns around to complain about someone else.

2. Marking Duran and then deciding **** it and pushed forward. Then telling Okoli off. 

The guy is a liability.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

It was clear when the line up was released that we would be simply repelling Villa attacks for the entire game.

So negative and absolutely no attacking outlet.

I expected us to go more attacking at half time because Villa definitely had vulnerabilities.

I'd have brought Bouanette on to offer something going forward.

We left it too late to try and salvage something.

Thought Ndidi was poor....again...and not one of Fatawu's better games.

Really thought Ayew was good. Really good game from him.

All on all, even though we lost, It was enjoyable and there were definitely positives although we do need to start getting some points.

Just hoping to beat Southampton,  Ipswich and maybe Everton won't be enough to keep us up. I don't really see any other 'weak' teams. There will already be a decent gap opening up and the likes of us, Ipswich,  Southampton & Everton are going to get left behind very quickly.

The most annoying thing is we could have had two points from two games and we’ve not. Thats that biggest disappointment with the last two games, we’re competing when we look good, but Cooper is making some very bad decisions which have, in my opinion cost two points. 

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Cooper starting 3 CDMs cost us that game. The fact that he waited until they scored their second goal instead of half time to change that was criminal. They were there for taking as far as im concerned. Was not impressed with Villa in the slightest. Ive seen enough from this team to see that weve got a chance. Some of the selections however..

Seems to have a massive issue with Ricardo. Mcateer over him.. really? Okoli looked decent

Completely agree. McAteer over Ricardo is a war crime. 

19 minutes ago, dayday said:

Coming home after the game, I listened to Radio Leicester, have no

idea who the guy was but he was saying we have to start 3 defensive midfielders to stay in the game or we could 3 or 4 down

Was it a Mr Cooper??

Firstly I don't think we did enough to truly deserve anything more than a draw but that refereeing performance was disgusting and if it wasn't for him think we could have got a more fortunate results.

Not alot else to say really, i'm not one to blame referees but I was disgusted at his officiating, he got in the way, gave soft decisions for them, refused to let the game flow. He may aswell have worn a Villa shirt.

Also, Ndidi's a passenger.

• Like 2

I remember reading similar comments when played Plymouth and few others last season. Maresca Style & Subs.

I get it that Coopers not everyone's cup of tea but at least he was up for the challenge. There wasn't que around the block when it came to applicants.

Give the Guy a Break and remember we're now playing Premiership teams with one arm tied behind our back. Not Plymouth and the likes.

Let him learn from his mistakes

• Like 3

I’m 100% in the “give him time” camp and will always support the manager. But if you lose playing three defensive midfielders and not playing our best player you’re asking for the fans to get on your back. 

1 hour ago, the draper said:

I have not seen one shit result 

Quite impressed actually that we pushed genuine top 4 contenders all the way at home 

The Fulham result was tough but not shit 

Need some reality and perspective around here 

Everton thier results are shit 

Just a joke bud.. In fact the results were shit, the performances were not.