Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 1-2 Aston Villa - Vote Now

Leicester City 1-2 Aston Villa

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.0

Total Average Rating

124 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Mads Hermansen 7.3
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Wilfred Ndidi 5.1
  4. Manager Confidence 77% -13%

Season: 2024/25
Voting Starts: 31/08/24
Voting Ends: 05/09/24

1. Mads Hermansen
  2. James Justin
  3. Wout Faes
  4. Caleb Okoli
  5. Victor Kristiansen
  6. Harry Winks
  7. Oliver Skipp
  8. Abdul Fatawu
  9. Wilfred Ndidi
  10. Jordan Ayew
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Stephy Mavididi (sub)
  13. Bilal El Khannouss (sub)
  14. Facundo Buonanotte (sub)
  15. Bobby Decordova-Reid (sub)
  16. Kasey McAteer (sub)

6 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

Okoli played well, and Fatawu was a threat, inproved when Buonanotte and Mavididi  came on

And also Khannouss. The three of them added quite a bit of mobility and speed.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

Mads or Okoli for man of the match.

I thought the back 4 were decent and all played reasonably well.

Two well worked goals from

Villa.

Midfield were okay, just lacking the spark that Buonanotte provided when he came on. 
Ndidi not good enough for the 8 or 10 role, solid understudy for Winks is his role now.

Vardy offered nothing and was perhaps the lowest rated for me.

The three subs really livened things up and offered some genuine sparks of excitement which was encouraging.

Defence did alright, Faes looks more comfortable next to a defender with pace. My faith in Cooper will diminish dramatically if he continues to persist with the Ndidi as an 8 and Stephy as a benchwarmer. With Skipp in the side we have enough solidity in midfield. Also subs need to be earlier.

Mads MOTM, solid 7s for Okoli, Skipp and Ayew who worked their nuts off.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Mads or Okoli for man of the match.

I thought the back 4 were decent and all played reasonably well.

Two well worked goals from

Villa.

Midfield were okay, just lacking the spark that Buonanotte provided when he came on. 
Ndidi not good enough for the 8 or 10 role, solid understudy for Winks is his role now.

Vardy offered nothing and was perhaps the lowest rated for me.

The three subs really livened things up and offered some genuine sparks of excitement which was encouraging.

For the reasons set out in quite a few Ndidi related posts now, Ndidi should not be any understudy for Winks now. This is worst. Strider also made some really good videos showing why. Playing in such role will kill our game as that role in the modern game requires a really good ball handler who can connect defence with midfield and who can help teammates with options when we have possession. The cost is far too great - we won’t able to have much fluency in our transition and would find it hard to get up the pitch. In effect, the cost is that we will lack much creativity in our plays. See the few seasons before we got relegated as an example.

Ndidi’s best role now is actually up top if Cooper wants to press high to help steal the ball back higher up the pitch and then hope one of his better ball handling attacking teammates there can take advantage. Lower down the pitch - we have defenders there and they are far from the opposition goal.  But I would be happy to see our new no. 11 starts there instead.

Edited by Tom12345

On 01/09/2024 at 09:34, LFEFox23 said:

Can we address the elephant in the room…. Vardys been bloody awful!!

In all honesty he's 2 years past his sell by date and should never have been given a new contract that would seem to have been a sentimental decision.

2 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

In all honesty he's 2 years past his sell by date and should never have been given a new contract that would seem to have been a sentimental decision.

Is that the classic football-fan short memory syndrome kicking in? Last season, he averaged a goal every 87 minutes—well ahead of any other player in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Is that the classic football-fan short memory syndrome kicking in? Last season, he averaged a goal every 87 minutes—well ahead of any other player in the Championship.

Probably and I didn't know that stat, but we're in the Prem now, he's 2 years older than last time and only managed 3 goals that season.

16 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Come on mate he hasn't scored for 2 games now

13 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Probably and I didn't know that stat, but we're in the Prem now, he's 2 years older than last time and only managed 3 goals that season.

Number nines who receive no supply generally look a bit ineffective. I'm not sure what more anyone would have expected him to do against Villa. But for a bounce off a ref he would have bagged one with pretty much his only opening, and his off-the-ball running - which at 37 is still superior to anything I've seen from, say, Iheanacho - was impressive. We just lacked creativity.