Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

3 games in, 1 point, overall assessment …

We haven’t been battered scoreline wise like some fans expected. 

There’s encouraging signs here and there, but if Cooper wants this team to flourish then he has to make certain changes. Ricardo needs to be back in the starting 11, one of Buonanotte or El Khannouss must start at all times. 

I also think there’s a conundrum when it comes to our wingers, I think we’re already seeing why we shouldn’t have signed both Ayew and Reid, one was enough. 

• Like 4

Probably get pelters

But as much as the man is a Legend and scored against Spurs, Vardy is offering very little.

It like playing with 10.5 men.

I think we have been more competitive then a lot expected, only need to add 5-10% and we cab win games at this level.

• Like 1

Needs to be more braver with his selections, we hardly look a threat going forward, Edouard will help as Vardy can't do it for 90 minutes.

There is a lot to work with, this squad could stay up for sure, whether he can work out the best way before it's to late remains to be seen

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Probably get pelters

But as much as the man is a Legend and scored against Spurs, Vardy is offering very little.

It like playing with 10.5 men.

I think we have been more competitive then a lot expected, only need to add 5-10% and we cab win games at this level.

Let’s see how we get on with Edouard. At his age, Jamie simply cannot continue to start every week.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

We haven’t been battered scoreline wise like some fans expected. 

There’s encouraging signs here and there, but if Cooper wants this team to flourish then he has to make certain changes. Ricardo needs to be back in the starting 11, one of Buonanotte or El Khannouss must start at all times. 

I also think there’s a conundrum when it comes to our wingers, I think we’re already seeing why we shouldn’t have signed both Ayew and Reid, one was enough. 

Agree. I think had we known Ayew was available we would not have bothered with Reid. 

• Like 1

On a positive note we do have a couple of players we are likely to make a reasonable PSR profit on at the end of this season and so you’d think we can get out the cycle of points deductions we’d have been trapped in if we hadn’t come up. Plenty of decent quality youngsters coming through for the next season or two as well … just may be they get their breakthrough season back in the champ. 

Cooper has been a bit too defensive perhaps but we've been in every game. 

You can see what the plan is, hold things down and then attack more in the 2nd half. I'd like to home that against lesser teams we would be more attacking from the off, but that remains to be seen.

I think playing 3 dms should allow us to play both Fatawu and Mavididi frankly, and once the new boys get more settled into the squad and the plan we may well do this.

Ayew, Okoli and Skipp all played well today. And none of the players really disgraced themselves. No heads dropped after Villas 2nd. 

Not bad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Agree. I think had we known Ayew was available we would not have bothered with Reid. 

Cooper seems rather keen with having players who chip in defensively. 

The problem with having both Ayew and Reid though is what happens with Mavididi...

If we start both Mavididi and Fatawu, would one of Ayew or Reid be a game changing impact substitute, especially on a consistent basis, probably not, and that’s where the problem lies for me. 

Should have got another winger with pace and 1 vs 1 ability rather than Reid imo. 

Cooper’s too cautious like today should have bought the subs on when we were on top too late after they go 2 up

We’ve mostly been rubbish in the three games.

Even when we’ve looked ok, we very much look like a Championship side ‘giving a good account of themselves’.

Our best players from last season are looking pretty rank, needing too much time on the ball and the passing is

just atrocious.

Todays game we really saw what a mountain we have to climb.  John McGinn is a very average Premier League midfielder yet was light years above anything we had on the pitch.

• Like 4

We've effectively got a number of 6 pointers coming up.  We need positive results in those. A 6 point cushion to the drop zone by Christmas is desirable with the impending deduction.  And despite our rough start, others are having it just as rough, or worse.  We need to take advantage of that.

• Like 1

One encouraging sign for me is that there is signs of fight. The year we got relegated, there was clearly no fight or passion at all. This season I've more fight and aggression when we go behind. Players look like they do care. 

• Like 3

The fight is there to see. It's not for lack of effort but we aren't creating a huge amount and missing a bit of a clinical edge. I think we'll get results though and probably get better as the season goes on as the new signings gel. Hopefully Cooper will be more positive with selections especially at home against teams around us in the league.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We’ve mostly been rubbish in the three games.

Even when we’ve looked ok, we very much look like a Championship side ‘giving a good account of themselves’.

Our best players from last season are looking pretty rank, needing too much time on the ball and the passing is

just atrocious.

Todays game we really saw what a mountain we have to climb.  John McGinn is a very average Premier League midfielder yet was light years above anything we had on the pitch.

I don’t agree with this, we don’t. 

We’re competing but I think the crooks is Cooper doesn’t have the balance of his team right yet. I actually thought when we actually attacked Villa we looked good, we’re showing far too much respect to opposing teams at the moment, and I think it’s Cooper being overly cautious. 

The team looks like it hasn’t fully clicked yet, and with more positive tactics we will pick up points. 

Three games in.  New manager.  New players.  It's going to take some time.  That said, Riccy P obviously needs to play and Ndidi should be nowhere near the number 10 position.

We're going into the international break with a settled squad.  First game back is against Palace who I consider in the same bracket as Fulham, then 5 of the next 6 games are against relegation rivals.  We need to not be dropping unnecessary points in those games.  

I just don't see any point in changing things now.  We are set for the season, we now have to be patient. Let's see where we are come the beginning of November.  We'll either be right amongst it or cut adrift

• Like 1

I agree with a lot that’s been said already. Also I really do not see what Kristiansen adds. His only redeeming feature is that he’s left footed, but you can tell opposition players target him and consequently a lot of moves break down when he has the ball. 

Today for the first 65 mins we seemed to bypass the midfield, and the long balls were just painful. I guess Cooper’s thinking against the better sides is that the target is to be in the game with 30 mins to go. But I think we can be more positive - we might as well be because against Spurs and Villa it could have easily been 3 down before half time. So let’s have a go - Bilal, Facundo in the middle and Mavididi out it wide - like the final 20 mins today worked well.

15 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

One encouraging sign for me is that there is signs of fight. The year we got relegated, there was clearly no fight or passion at all. This season I've more fight and aggression when we go behind. Players look like they do care. 

You would hope so being that it’s the 3rd game, and some of the players haven’t experienced PL football before.