Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

3 games in, 1 point, overall assessment …

Just now, The Doctor said:

my expectations are starting some attacking players trying to create a chance before the hour mark at home and generally having a plan for how we're going to approach games. if that's unrealistic then why are we even bothering to play this season?

Once again I don’t disagree with you and also stated I wish we started more positive but…. I can see what Cooper is doing and he’s doing what a lot of managers do as a first port of call and that’s making us more solid from the back.

Hindsight is great and I’m sure if he could turn back time he would’ve done things differently yesterday. Time will tell if he learns from this. If he clearly ignores this and carry’s on with our best attacking talent on the bench from the start, then I’d also be in the Cooper out camp but ffs it’s been 3 games. Give the man and squad a chance and get behind your team!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I Whole heartedly agree..

We are so much better than that, as our/the more 'attack minded' team that finished the game yesterday showed. 

Its baffling that he doesn't see this, when so many others do, and if he does see it, then its "effing" infuriating that he won't adopt a system and team selection of that ilk from the start to give us a fighting chance in a game, and not have to play catch up.

I can only pray that he’s still taking a look at players, but I really rather doubt it. It’s so blindingly obvious that we needed to have more creative players on there.  

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I would like us to be good, and I've given credit where it's due with the late rallys however not starting to attack until we're well beaten isn't particularly good.

On this line, I see Finners state this as well, why do you think what worked late in the game would work early in the game? Isn’t the introduction of our attackers late on, just part of the plan (against more tired legs) ? I am curious as surely we would fully expect us to be less productive earlier in games, but maybe people see it different?

Edited by Dahnsouff

We’re better than I expected. We’re better than Ipswich, Southampton and Everton so we’ll stay up, and that’s the objective. 

Fans are hating on Cooper already but those fans are ****s. Three games; we haven’t been outclassed, we haven’t looked stupid, we’re not shipping a lot of goals.

We’ll grow into the season. And when Cooper gets Edouard, BDR and Ayew linked up and firing, we’ll be absolutely frightening going forward. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

in what way was yesterday more entertaining than anything we served up last season? the first 60 minutes were absolutely dire, we handled the ball with less care than a professional dominatrix. the only way you could enjoy that more than playing technically impressive football is if what you enjoy is big tackles and last ditch defending, in which case, Sunday league games are generally free to watch.

People are being fooled again by a twenty minute spell where the tempo was higher.

We created a pathetic 0.05 xG for the first sixty minutes of yesterday’s game. We are utterly boring IMO. Enzo was boring with a plan. Now we are boring with no plan and play games like a lower division side in the cup 

If we keep this way up, one team is going to click in opposition and be 3 or 4 up on us at half time. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

Just now, CosbehFox said:

People are being fooled again by a twenty minute spell where the tempo was higher.

We created a pathetic 0.05 xG for the first sixty minutes of yesterday’s game. 

Stop already!!! No football game is played over 60 minutes! It’s as bad as just looking at the last 20-30 minutes in isolation and claiming something positive.

A plan is 90 minutes, Cooper has not got it right(needs some attack at least in the first ‘period’ to prevent them attacking quite so much)  but it looks like there is a plan for 90 minute’s, but as I say, he has not yet got it right. He now must get it right over the 2 weeks international break.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Asha said:

We’re better than I expected. We’re better than Ipswich, Southampton and Everton so we’ll stay up, and that’s the objective. 

Fans are hating on Cooper already but those fans are ****s. Three games; we haven’t been outclassed, we haven’t looked stupid, we’re not shipping a lot of goals.

We’ll grow into the season. And when Cooper gets Edouard, BDR and Ayew linked up and firing, we’ll be absolutely frightening going forward. 

Ipswich are better than us imo, and will show that over the course of the season, on paper we have a better squad but they have a far more competent manager at this level.

With a pending points deduction with Cooper in charge, we have two hands tied behind our back, we have no chance of staying up with him in charge, the sooner he’s sacked the better he should never have been hired in the first place! 

Edited by Happy Fox

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Ipswich are better than us imo, and will show that over the course of the season, on paper we have a better squad but they have. Far more competent manager at this level.

With a points deduction with Cooper in charge we have two hands tied behind our back, we have no chance of staying up the sooner he’s sacked the better he should never have been hired in the first place! 

I am think the pl is frightened of losing man Citys counter claim... as such i think they will go easy on us... 6 points 

Exactly as I feared. Cooper is a negative manager and he’s not going to take the handbrake off any time soon.

With a points deduction looming he was always the wrong manager because he doesn’t have the capability to take a side to 45 points.

If you have him this Brighton side I think he’d just scrape 50. He’s more Pulis than Pep.

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

On this line, I see Finners state this as well, why do you think what worked late in the game would work early in the game? Isn’t the introduction of our attackers late on, just part of the plan (against more tired legs) ? I am curious as surely we would fully expect us to be less productive earlier in games, but maybe people see it different?

its a fair question, however I'd dispute the idea that any opposition legs are tired, to tire them out we'd need to not just be hanging on for the first 2/3rds of the game, either making them have to focus hard on positioning or running at them at lot, forcing them to turn. The lack of productivity in the early game is because Coopers set up is far too negative. He's starting with 8 defensive minded players and unsurprisingly Fatawu and Vardy are then easily dealt with by the opposition.

• Like 2

It’s been fairly crap if I’m honest.

Tottenham should have buried us with n the first half.

Cooper needs to sort whatever is up with Ricky and play some players that can create chances, so we aren’t on minus points by the time the points deduction kicks in. 

Agree with the previous comments - after the gung-ho promotion campaign we got a few slaps in the early days of the PL and he adopted a very conservative approach that he never shook off - given the Leicester squad I would imagine again his mindset is go for draws as the first option, but it doesn't work in the premier league as it invites the opposition on and you're toast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

its a fair question, however I'd dispute the idea that any opposition legs are tired, to tire them out we'd need to not just be hanging on for the first 2/3rds of the game, either making them have to focus hard on positioning or running at them at lot, forcing them to turn. The lack of productivity in the early game is because Coopers set up is far too negative. He's starting with 8 defensive minded players and unsurprisingly Fatawu and Vardy are then easily dealt with by the opposition.

Seems clear he is trying to make us tight defensively and then attack later in the game, but this plan ain’t right right now, we are the defence in an attack v defence drill for ~ 60 minutes. He needs to change the ratio of attackers/defenders, start on AM from the off with intent to pin the back a bit more and then he needs to be brave when making subs imo, like even at half time.

I think the squad is just about good enough to stay up barring a huge points deduction. But the manager and players needs to share this belief and not give the opposition too much respect in the way they play and select the team.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Stop already!!! No football game is played over 60 minutes! It’s as bad as just looking at the last 20-30 minutes in isolation and claiming something positive.

A plan is 90 minutes, Cooper has not got it right(needs some attack at least in the first ‘period’ to prevent them attacking quite so much)  but it looks like there is a plan for 90 minute’s, but as I say, he has not yet got it right. He now must get it right over the 2 weeks international break.

it’s a sound plan if the opposition don’t score. Our defence isn’t strong for that and we’ve given up multiple chances in all three games as illustrated by earlier xG graphs etc. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Just now, CosbehFox said:

It’s a terrible plan because if the opposition score 2 as shown yesterday afternoon, you have a mountain to climb. 

Did I say the plan was too concede two goals? Keep it tight and then attack is not bad but he clearly  needs to improve this plan further  :dunno:

40 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Our views are pretty much aligned.  McGinn couldn’t handle Mav and got carded. Imagine that from the start, he would’ve been less effective for Villa.  It would be better for a shithouse like Ayew to come on when legs are tired and players on cards. 

Fatawu is stranded and teamed up, JJ is afraid to offer support or even go for a loose ball if it means moving forwards.  Vardy has to feed off of scraps from Ndidi, if he manages to control it and doesn’t send it back. 

The changes yesterday were obvious to observers from fans to pundits.  The only one who can’t see that is the manager, if he can it’s a concern either way. 

1 hour ago, Asha said:

I think fans are disappointed because with the right players, tactics and substitutions we should be on a minimum of 3 points 

Copper so far is very much under performing and needs to get his act together.  

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

it’s a sound plan if the opposition don’t score. Our defence isn’t strong for that and we’ve given up multiple chances in all three games as illustrated by earlier xG graphs etc. 

This I agree with, its a sound plan but our defence is questionable as to if it is capable of carrying it out, the 3 games suggest not!

Replacing Wilf with an AM from the off seems such an obvious thing to do. Mavididi on the left from the start I am unsure on, as he clearly had their RB on toast multiple times later in the game, and not sure this would have been quite the case early doors. (maybe he would :dunno: )

1 hour ago, Asha said:

If that is his plan then we may as well start looking for a new manager 

1 hour ago, Asha said:

I find us frightening now lol

• Haha 1