Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

3 games in, 1 point, overall assessment …

Some weird comments here, "we should have had at least 3 points", in your dreams the 3 teams we`ve played so far have all been much better than us, Spurs should have burried us, Fulham totally outmuscled us, half the team looked like scared kids and Villa had far more class and deserved their win, yeah if we only counted our best 15 minutes n every game 3 points maybe, but life ain`t like that, we`re lucky to have 1 point in my opinion. We`re off the pace and make too many errors, especially giving the ball away and soft fouls, other teams are more professional. The only bright spots are we`re good on the counter and there are at least 3 or 4 teams even worse than us. I see reasons for hope, but we have to up our game fast we need 40 pts to stay up.

Edited by steveb
  • Like 2

There's plenty to take from the first two home performances (Spurs first half aside), and came away yesterday thinking we'll certainly pick up points against non top six sides - if we can replicate yesterday's second half display. The home atmosphere has given the players an edge so far and that needs to continue; it's more than likely most of our points will come at home so we've got to make the most of that advantage.

Edited by FoxesTalker

1 minute ago, FoxesTalker said:

There's plenty to take from the first two home performances (Spurs first half aside), and came away yesterday thinking we'll certainly pick up points against non top six sides - if we can replicate yesterday's second half display. The home atmosphere has given the players an edge so far and that needs to continue; it's more than likely most of our points will come at home so we've got to make the most of that advantage.

But we only start to play when we're behind. We've never been on the front foot when level

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

But we only start to play when we're behind. We've never been on the front foot when level

I think this is the thing I’d like to see us change the most. It’s almost as if we are just content to be level and then we only let the handbrake off when we need to. Maybe in time that’ll come and more so against the smaller clubs. 

• Like 1

It’s certainly not as bad as I thought it’d be before the season started. 

It’s just so negative and even when we do get forward it doesn’t feel like there’s any planned patterns in the play, which is why I think we don’t look like scoring. 

I think we will really see where we’re at against Everton, it’s pretty much a must win from a morale point of view to kick start the season and get the first win out of the way. 

Not impressed at all. We're set up to be negative and that is what we've  seen once the games start. Apart from around 30 minutes v Spurs and 10 minutes or so in the other two matches where we've looked ok. 

I'm not confident in the manager.

The new signings are a mix of who knows and bang average or worse.

But mainly I just can't see where the goals are going to come from. We will need to win at least 12 games this season to have a chance of staying up and right now I'm not confident we will win more than 2 or 3.

The next 7 games are season defining for me. We have now some games that we need to take points from or we are going to be really up against it. I think any fewer than 12 points from our first 9 matches basically sees us relegated, given the opponents we have to play in the next 6 and those better teams we will not have played by then.

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's a fair point, and clearly that needs to change. I'm still enthused by the second half performances in both home games though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not impressed at all. We're set up to be negative and that is what we've  seen once the games start. Apart from around 30 minutes v Spurs and 10 minutes or so in the other two matches where we've looked ok. 

I'm not confident in the manager.

The new signings are a mix of who knows and bang average or worse.

But mainly I just can't see where the goals are going to come from. We will need to win at least 12 games this season to have a chance of staying up and right now I'm not confident we will win more than 2 or 3.

The next 7 games are season defining for me. We have now some games that we need to take points from or we are going to be really up against it. I think any fewer than 12 points from our first 9 matches basically sees us relegated, given the opponents we have to play in the next 6 and those better teams we will not have played by then.

We didn't start negatively against villa. Negative, to me, would have been sitting deep inviting wave of attacks. And with the lineup, that's howvi thought it would go. That just wasn't the case.

• Like 1

in terms of points id say so, only game i thought we'd maybe get something from was fulham if im honest

at times im impressed then others im not,

we dont look god awful but we dont look amazing at the same time, im not overly keen with his team selection at times if im honest, we dont need 3 DMs playing ffs 

and as marv showed yesterday hes another good creative outlet

only losing by the odd goal in both 

im still defo on the fence with Cooper as well, he needs to be braver with his team selection

• Like 1

Struggle to keep a clean sheet, relying on the football equivalent of old Ben Kenobi with no Luke Skywalker alongside to outscore the opposition and a slowly descending pendulum blade of points deductions hanging over us, prognosis is a one way trip down to the calamityship unless Vards turns into Pop Eye with his Redbull instead of Spinach to the rescue :scarf:

19 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

We didn't start negatively against villa. Negative, to me, would have been sitting deep inviting wave of attacks. And with the lineup, that's howvi thought it would go. That just wasn't the case.

Agree. Thought we were front foot and pressing high. We started well. It's a myth that Skipp, winks, Wilf means defense. It means solidity. That's different 

• Like 2

Think we've seen enough to suggest we would have a great chance of staying up over a full season in a normal season. 

The big anomaly remains the potential points deductions, will we do enough to overcome this as well? 

Early days, but think there's a chance. It's those bottom 10/12 clubs we need to be really getting points from so only Fulham away falls into this category. A point at the end of the first three games is par for me.

And we've competed every game, I'm sure there will be some games where we have a bad day and get nowhere near, but they need to be kept to a minimum. We saw in the great escape season what a few results and some confidence can do but again, we were rarely on games we weren't competing in. 

• Like 1

Feels a bit like the great escape season, playing ok but a bit naive/lacking in quality.

we had a great start then but most of the season we couldn’t get a win. Think it might be the other way round. Impressed how cooper has them battling though and hopefully with the break and new players, start to pick up points

• Like 2