Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Posthorn54

Ricky P

Huge red flag for me. It's now out of spite from cooper.

I can make peace with the fact he wants a more atheltic full back to defend, but when we are chasing a game like we have every bloody week, it's a no brainer to get a more creative outlet on.

Doesn't sit right with me at all, wreaks of a weak manager out of his depth trying to stamp some miss guided authority on the squad. You see it happen alot with fraudulent managers.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Cooper seems to be handicapping us by not using him because in his mind his tactical plan is best suited to the other options. But the evidence proves it's not.  The things Cooper wants to achieve, whether it's having a high fullback to help in the attack or a more solid group in the middle of the park BOTH can be achieved with Ricardo better than the alternatives.  But he can't see it.

And which knobhead does that remind you of?

• Like 1

After Maresca having such a stringent system of play, it was always going to be difficult for a manager to come in.

However.  Even taking that into account, I cannot see what his game plan is.  On the ball there never seems to be any more than one viable passing option and off the ball, the press is completely disjointed if at all existent.

Ricardo would provide a solution to all of this through his general play, game knowledge and leadership qualities all of which we saw in abundance last year.

On the evidence of pre-season and the first three games, i’d be amazed if Cooper is still here come the end of the season.

Edited by Realist Guy In The Room
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

After Maresca having such a stringent system of play, it was always going to be difficult for a manager to come in.

To an extent, but I've said before that he's come into a team playing a system that worked and got the best out of it's best players. There was no need for fundamental changes to the system.  Coopers preferred method of a high fullback could possibly have been the mercurial "Plan B" that so many seem to desire.  Unfortunately the manager has chosen to dismiss what worked last season in favour of his preferred system, which is his right of course. But when his preferred system isn't getting the best out of our best players, as it currently isn't, then he needs to change his methodology.

Questions also need to be asked about why you'd appoint a manager whose philosophy doesn't marry up with the players at his disposal.  If he's not willing to adapt it anyway.  Which he may. 

When you come in to a club 9 times out of 10 you're replacing a sacked manager.  Making changes to the play style is generally a necessity.  But with us, that's not the case.  He's choosing to play this way when there is a ready made alternative that this squad of players have shown they are capable of playing to a good standard.  Now he might not think they can play it at Premier League standard, but if you're then changing that to something different that's not achieving any better results, was it worth changing?

• Like 1

Just now, em9999 said:

All an is saying is give cooper a chance he's a football manager 

Not a magician 

All we expect is for him to be a football manager. Preferably one capable of keeping us in the premier league