Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Posthorn54

Ricky P

Could he not just be unfit? Ricky just does not seem the sort to cause an issue worth leaving him out of the team. If Ricky is looking anything like last season then Cooper would be shooting himself in the foot in not picking him. A weird one.

Doesn’t help either with the fact Justin has been below par also. The mind boggles the fact he’s not subbed on in games nevermind starting. Cooper needs to get his head out of the sand and get him involved.

• Like 1

This is the thing I hate about weak managers. They try to be strong in all the wrong ways. Riccy Pbis our best player. His presence and ability would help galvanise a flapping team. For some reason Cooper sees the need to play the big man and we all suffer for it. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

I don’t know how many on her went Tuesday night, but he was absolutely awful at times lol.

I get it, not match fit. But I’d agree with others I wonder if there’s a fitness thing that’s caught up with him. 

He doesn’t seem upset, so I’d be more inclined to think we’re managing a knock or something. 

We can’t afford long term injuries this season, who knows he might be waiting for a small op during the break.

If he was unfit or injured they’d just say he was. Don’t gain anything from pretending he’s fit when he’s not. That’s just looking for excuses that aren’t there. It is absolutely criminal our best player isn’t getting a look in and I don’t give a toss what the tactical reason is. It’s a shambles. Play him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iwebema said:

Huge red flag for me. It's now out of spite from cooper.

I can make peace with the fact he wants a more atheltic full back to defend, but when we are chasing a game like we have every bloody week, it's a no brainer to get a more creative outlet on.

Doesn't sit right with me at all, wreaks of a weak manager out of his depth trying to stamp some miss guided authority on the squad. You see it happen alot with fraudulent managers.

I don’t want to go to this extreme in terms of Cooper, but it is not only disappointing but worrying that Cooper fails to see Ricardo’s qualities especially as a RB (which is a position that prior to being used as an inverted RB Ricardo is clearly one of the best in the league). 

However with the way Cooper selects him team, and with new players just joined, it is hard to see him start for a while.

But what I don’t understand is, as you say, when Fatawu came off on the right and we needed more creativity, we should have Ricardo on for Justin who was not doing anything attacking wise. Justin at best got to about a third into the half without contribution or losing the ball. If we had Ricardo on, he could have made his trademark runs and link up with Buonanotte who clearly is not much of a winger. Buonanotte kept coming inside (he was playing more as an attacking midfielder last week), and we would have benefited with Ricardo bombing down the right. But he kept Justin on.

Alternatively he could have replaced Kristiansen and Justin to go to the left (a position where Justin can play as well). Kristiansen played ok, and I don’t want to criticise him, but apart from having a bag of air to run up and down all game, he didn’t really offer much in terms of creativity.

So in short, in terms of creativity, Ricardo is clearly the best out of the three. Defensively, Ricardo is good too (admittedly he used to be fantastic and indestructible but following his injury I feel he has taken a step back from hurting himself as much).

Edited by Tom12345

7 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

We should use him as the forward RB as he is the most composed on the ball and then have Justin or Kristensen on the left

Christ, don't put JJ on the left, he flaps like a nervous wildebeest on the right let alone on the left where his mission in life always seems to be to make sure he's in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in order to give the ball to the opposition like a labrador with a tennis ball!

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Could he not just be unfit? Ricky just does not seem the sort to cause an issue worth leaving him out of the team. If Ricky is looking anything like last season then Cooper would be shooting himself in the foot in not picking him. A weird one.

I think cooper doesnt like his defending and plays a defensive midfield.

So the only top six player at the club has no slot.  

Imo  coaches need to find a system to suite the players available.

However cooper wants players to play within his desired system.

Two other points  1. Christianson goes on rins with no end priduct  2. We are unable to find a pass in the last third... this needs work.

Edited by foxinsocks

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I think cooper doesnt like his defe find and play a defensive midfield.

So the only top six player at the club has no slot.  

Imo  coaches need to find a system to suite the players available.

However cooper wants players to play within his desired system.

Two other points  1. Christianson goes on rins with no end priduct  2. We are unable to find a pass in the last third... this needs work.

That makes no sense, as Ricky showed last season he is capable of playing beside Winks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

I don’t know how many on her went Tuesday night, but he was absolutely awful at times lol.

I get it, not match fit. But I’d agree with others I wonder if there’s a fitness thing that’s caught up with him. 

He doesn’t seem upset, so I’d be more inclined to think we’re managing a knock or something. 

We can’t afford long term injuries this season, who knows he might be waiting for a small op during the break.

I have to agree, he was pretty poor against Tranmere, especially in the first half, looked slow & got easily beaten by the winger a couple of times. Definitely not the Ricky of old , if he's been like that in training & pre-season i can see why  Cooper's not playing him.

It’s always too black and white on here. People seem to think that if you say Ricky should start it means you want to kill Cooper. I personally am happy to give Cooper time and fully back him at the moment. But not playing Ricky is such a genuine red flag that it has to be discussed. This doesn’t mean I’m slating Cooper or that I want him sacked and banned from managing forever. 

It’s more that it’s just worrying that you could watch all the footage from last year, see all the players in training then come to the decision that he shouldn’t be in the starting 11. It’s confusing and depressing.

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, em9999 said:

All an is saying is give cooper a chance he's a football manager 

Not a magician 

It doesn't take a magician to see Ricardo should be playing. 

Especially seeing as Cooper claimed he "watched all our games from last season", of which Ricardo played a key role and captained the side for the majority.

• Like 1