Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Palace vs Leicester - Pre match thread (14th September 3pm)

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Back to the Premier League?

“We’ve tried to maximise the international break. A lot of players left but we’ve had a core of players who stayed here. We’re still going through a natural transition of getting back into the Premier League, with a change in coach and late signings as well. We’re trying to get the senior players to go with it and embrace the challenge. It gives me a chance to see the players take on those ideas. We can definitely improve results. We could have got more points. The last thing we want is to be applauded off for a good performance but without any points. We want results. We have to own that, the staff, and the players, particularly the senior players.”

That doesn't sound very positive! Are Winks, Vardy and Vesty revolting? (insert pun here)

On 11/09/2024 at 22:18, ClaphamFox said:

Why do you think Cooper will choose El Khannous over Buonanotte? 

Alves is highly unlikely to make the bench, sadly. And Edouard definitely won't as he's ineligible for this game.

Is Buonanotte that much better than Alves? Why not give our own home grown player of the same age a chance instead of grooming another team’s player on loan to us?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

That line on Bilal is important. That’s manager speak for when a player is a bigger project than anticipated. He’s getting his defence for why he’s not starting in early. 

Don’t expect him to be starting for quite a while 

All you need to do is compare it with how he spoke so glowingly of edouard 

* fwiw we had a slow start with mahrez as well, got to be patient with these things 

It’s almost like premier league experience might actually be important! 😆

36 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Is Buonanotte that much better than Alves? Why not give our own home grown player of the same age a chance instead of grooming another team’s player on loan to us?

Probably? Buonanotte is far further in his professional development than Alves. He's played like a full season and a half of top flight professional football between Argentina and the Premier League. Alves has almost no professional experience. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxesTalker said:

Think this will be a 3-2 defeat. So far Cooper's approach seems to be conservative, so it's unlikely that Mavididi will start especially as it's away from home. To echo the sentiments already though, there has to be a balance in terms of attacking threat and Mavididi offers that, in fact this game could be ideal for him.

So given that BDCR hasn't returned to training yet, Mavididi might well start. Let's hope so, although Cooper did say this: “Some have had some long travel as well. Bobby [De Cordova-Reid] is still not with us because of his schedule, we’ll see him tomorrow, but it’s no disadvantage really."

10 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I think I'm the same if that happens, and if Mavadidi also only makes the bench then IMO he's a bit clueless and blind to our most affective setup.

I just think there's a lot of mistaking cowardice and negativity for pragmatism. Pragmatic isn't playing a limited holding midfielder as an attacking midfielder when we have perfectly viable options. It's not like Buonanotte doesn't try and defend either, he isn't some luxury.

I just don't see that method yielding results. I really don't agree with the way this game has been largely written off on here either. I mean I think we'll lose, but bloody hell, they're only on 1 point themselves and they've had nicer fixtures than us. I do expect them to pick up but I don't get this attitude on here that we're playing Real Madrid.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Least Ried won’t be starting likely see Mav on the left

Cooper must be gutted about that. No doubt he'll be the first sub on to the pitch, though, after landing at Heathrow on Saturday morning. Can't beat that PL experience, you know....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FoxesTalker said:

So given that BDCR hasn't returned to training yet, Mavididi might well start. Let's hope so, although Cooper did say this: “Some have had some long travel as well. Bobby [De Cordova-Reid] is still not with us because of his schedule, we’ll see him tomorrow, but it’s no disadvantage really."

I wouldn't be so sure, we might just start with 10 men.

5 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Probably? Buonanotte is far further in his professional development than Alves. He's played like a full season and a half of top flight professional football between Argentina and the Premier League. Alves has almost no professional experience. 

got to start somewhere

My only problem with cooper is that listening to his press conferences he says what he does wrong and that he needs to improve in front of goal etc but then literally does nothing for 60 plus mins in games. I think that’s what is frustrating with him 

1 hour ago, phildw said:

Really can't believe we are STILL having to rely on an ageing crocked Vardy at this stage after a full transfer window! Absolutely ridiculous 🙄 

Edouard is going to play. We have no need for Vardy now :scarf::whistle:

• Haha 1